Bouknight Draft Watch | Page 20 | The Boneyard

Bouknight Draft Watch

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I’m thinking 6 to okc at the moment
I’m gonna be surprised if Barnes and kuminga don’t go 5-6. Especially considering how both teams have track records for liking guys like them

the Q

Reaction Score
Orlando isn’t a great fit
I’m curious why you think that?

that’s a team with a hole at the 2 who needs an alpha who can be their closer, long term.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I’m curious why you think that?

that’s a team with a hole at the 2 who needs an alpha who can be their closer, long term.
Their front office is a circus with no plan or direction.

the Q

Reaction Score
Their front office is a show with no plan or direction.

that’s a fair point

they also have no coach

but they do have 2 top 10 picks, a clear building block in Isaac and some other interesting young players with Anthony, Hampton, and okeke.

they probably should be looking to sell if a few other pieces like carter and rehab Gary Harris’s last year but there are some intersting pieces that need the right coach to work them together

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
that’s a fair point

they also have no coach

but they do have 2 top 10 picks, a clear building block in Isaac and some other interesting young players with Anthony, Hampton, and okeke.

they probably should be looking to sell if a few other pieces like carter and rehab Gary Harris’s last year but there are some intersting pieces that need the right coach to work them together
I really like the talent they have as well. I’m just not sure how everything fits. They have 2 very good young centers they have to figure out who they want to build around for the future and a log jam of guards that, like you said, should be looking to sell. It’s Anthony, Harris, Hampton, and don’t forget Fultz. It’s weird too because most of them are combo guards. For Bouks sake I hope he ends up somewhere else.

Ace just posted about the Hornets. If he somehow fell that far I’d love for him to play in that kind of offense with their spacing, tempo, and ball movement.

Reaction Score
Obviously want to see Bouk drafted as high as possible but I really don’t want him in Orlando - would love to see him in a major market so Golden State at 7 would be awesome.

Imagine if the Knicks were able to trade up and land him? And if he lives up to the hype?? He could just make it fun to be a Knicks fan again.

Reaction Score
Obviously want to see Bouk drafted as high as possible but I really don’t want him in Orlando - would love to see him in a major market so Golden State at 7 would be awesome.

Imagine if the Knicks were able to trade up and land him? And if he lives up to the hype?? He could just make it fun to be a Knicks fan again.
GWS with Steph mentoring him is my wish

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
GWS with Steph mentoring him is my wish
Same. For decent seats, I'll have to bite the bullet and come off $7700 for 44 games or the nosebleed package for $3300.

the Q

Reaction Score
Based on the current Lottery the GSW would be the best spot for him. Things are subject to change. Lots of speculation that GS won’t be keeping that pick.

It could be Toronto making that pick.

That’s a good spot for bouk….despite being forced to go to Canada

Well run franchise with a good gm and a top 10 coach.

And if they can flip Lowry in a sign and trade they should be able to reload in fairly short order

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Did Bouk ever formally get a vert measured?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Imagine if the Knicks were able to trade up and land him?

I wouldn’t wish that on him because… Knicks.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score

I believe the Orlando metro is, or at least was, the second fastest growing major metro in the country. It’s become a rather large market.

Reaction Score
Moving up.

James Bouknight

CBS Sports Big Board rank: No. 5

Being high on Jalen Green means, by default, I am high on James Bouknight. The two are similar in several ways with Bouknight's leaping ability jumping off the page similar toGreen's. Bouknight's feel and finesse as a pure bucket-getter also helps separate him as one of the best scorers in this draft. The knock here with him is that his efficiency isn't quite up to snuff: he hit 29.3% from 3 last season, 44.7% from the field and has, for two seasons, had a higher turnover rate than assist rate. How much of a creator will he be in the NBA? And if his best trait as a prospect is scoring, why are we buying someone who was so inefficient?

There's layers to that onion. Most importantly, we have to keep in mind that those numbers aren't totally representative of his impact on UConn overall. He had an in-season elbow injury that ultimately required surgery. Then, when he came back, he really wasn't quite 100%. There's also the context to his own situation worth considering; he was UConn's leading scorer and the way in which he scored -- taking tough shots, serving as Chief of Late-Shot-Clock Bail Outs -- was a huge reason why, statistically, his shooting stats aren't quite what you'd want to see from a top-five prospect.

Taking all those factors into account, I think there is so much to like about his game, his skill and his long-term projection that I've moved him to No. 5 on my board. He turned real heads at his recent pro day in Chicago, particularly with his shot-making. He'll be a sparkplug offensive weapon in the NBA and a really, really good one for a long time.

Reaction Score
Moving up.

James Bouknight

CBS Sports Big Board rank: No. 5

Being high on Jalen Green means, by default, I am high on James Bouknight. The two are similar in several ways with Bouknight's leaping ability jumping off the page similar toGreen's. Bouknight's feel and finesse as a pure bucket-getter also helps separate him as one of the best scorers in this draft. The knock here with him is that his efficiency isn't quite up to snuff: he hit 29.3% from 3 last season, 44.7% from the field and has, for two seasons, had a higher turnover rate than assist rate. How much of a creator will he be in the NBA? And if his best trait as a prospect is scoring, why are we buying someone who was so inefficient?

There's layers to that onion. Most importantly, we have to keep in mind that those numbers aren't totally representative of his impact on UConn overall. He had an in-season elbow injury that ultimately required surgery. Then, when he came back, he really wasn't quite 100%. There's also the context to his own situation worth considering; he was UConn's leading scorer and the way in which he scored -- taking tough shots, serving as Chief of Late-Shot-Clock Bail Outs -- was a huge reason why, statistically, his shooting stats aren't quite what you'd want to see from a top-five prospect.

Taking all those factors into account, I think there is so much to like about his game, his skill and his long-term projection that I've moved him to No. 5 on my board. He turned real heads at his recent pro day in Chicago, particularly with his shot-making. He'll be a sparkplug offensive weapon in the NBA and a really, really good one for a long time.

#5 is great and I understand he was building a false narrative to argue against in Bouk's favor, but Bouknight was not inefficient last year. He had a 106 ORTG on 30+ usage. People need to realize that raw shooting %'s are not the only thing that go into efficiency.

Reaction Score
This Is So Exciting GIFs | Tenor

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
IMO. James helped himself tremendously at the Combine w/his shooting display from the corner 3 pt line. Combine some of that skill with the creativity and improvisational offensive skills he brings to the table.. Now could easily see him somewhere in position(s) 6 thru 10.

Sounds like GMs with picks in Top 20 are looking to trade up .. Will be interesting to see what Golden State does with Wiseman and the 7th pick (if anything) pre-draft or on Draft Night.

Trending positively from a month ago.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
From Givony:

All year, we've heard about a 'five-player draft.' Is there a player who could break up that top-five group?​

While he might not go in the top five, James Bouknight could ultimately end up as one of the best players to come out of this class outside that core four. With the NBA full of guards who can shoot off the dribble, score out of quick actions and create offense, Bouknight is a perfect fit and should look even better with NBA spacing at his disposal. Analytics models won't appreciate his negative assist-to-turnover ratio or sub-30% 3-point clip, but Bouknight is as talented of a shot-creator as you'll find after Cunningham and Green.

ESPN Article

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom