Bouknight Draft Watch | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Bouknight Draft Watch

Reaction Score
It would be dependent on Steve Kerr not being hardheaded(i.e. him playing Brad Wannamaker over Jordan Poole early when Poole cleary had higher upside), but Bouk would be able to get playing time for the Warriors early. The Warriors desperately need shot creators/scorers, Klay Thompson won't be available for the start of the season and even when he does he will be on a minutes restriction/won't play back to backs. The only guys on the Warriors who will be available a the start of the season who can really create their own shot are Steph, Jordan Poole, and Andrew Wiggins, and Wiggins' shot creation skills are kinda limited. I watched Mychal Mulder play minutes for them all year as a guard/wing and he couldn't stay in front of anyone and only hit shots in blowouts, Bouk can be better than that.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
It would be dependent on Steve Kerr not being hardheaded(i.e. him playing Brad Wannamaker over Jordan Poole early when Poole cleary had higher upside), but Bouk would be able to get playing time for the Warriors early. The Warriors desperately need shot creators/scorers, Klay Thompson won't be available for the start of the season and even when he does he will be on a minutes restriction/won't play back to backs. The only guys on the Warriors who will be available a the start of the season who can really create their own shot are Steph, Jordan Poole, and Andrew Wiggins, and Wiggins' shot creation skills are kinda limited. I watched Mychal Mulder play minutes for them all year as a guard/wing and he couldn't stay in front of anyone and only hit shots in blowouts, Bouk can be better than that.
I defense of Kerr, poole had a beyond abysmal rookie year.

Kid needed to work his way out of the basement

Reaction Score
I defense of Kerr, poole had a beyond abysmal rookie year.

Kid needed to work his way out of the basement
He did, but Wannamaker was abysmal from the start last year and it took too long to go to Poole who started killing it once he got consistent minutes after the GLeauge bubble. It made no sense to me to keep playing the veteran who was weighing down the bench unit over the young kid with higher upside.

pj

Reaction Score
Bouknight is skyrocketing his stock this week.

Honest question though: Does this signal to Hurley that we need to revamp our offense? James shouldn't have had to take such high difficulty shots in a stagnant system. Can we change it up to start showcasing our talent better?

Hurley has to be hearing this from many people.

Reaction Score

Honest question though: Does this signal to Hurley that we need to revamp our offense? James shouldn't have had to take such high difficulty shots in a stagnant system. Can we change it up to start showcasing our talent better?
I don't think we can assess Hurley's system when a player hurt his elbow and undeniably shot worse once he returned. Hopefully, there will be a comparable player to Bouknight in the next few years and we can see what they do when healthy within Hurley's offense.

Reaction Score
I don't think we can assess Hurley's system when a player hurt his elbow and undeniably shot worse once he returned. Hopefully, there will be a comparable player to Bouknight in the next few years and we can see what they do when healthy within Hurley's offense.

Experts have assessed his system though. And it was not good. We relied to heavily on guys who couldn't score for too long (Carlton and Adams), took too many mid-range Js and played far too slow. We were also too slow to acknowledge Sanogo's talent.

There were signs of Hurley changing towards the end of the season.

I've written much more on this topic before. I don't have the time now. Hurley has a ton of great qualities. He'll be a GOOD coach even without revamping the offense just because of his recruiting, defense, and team management.

But if we want to be a perennial top 25 team every single year competing in the sweet 16 or better, we need to change up our offense.

the Q

Reaction Score
Experts have assessed his system though. And it was not good. We relied to heavily on guys who couldn't score for too long (Carlton and Adams), took too many mid-range Js and played far too slow. We were also too slow to acknowledge Sanogo's talent.

There were signs of Hurley changing towards the end of the season.

I've written much more on this topic before. I don't have the time now. Hurley has a ton of great qualities. He'll be a GOOD coach even without revamping the offense just because of his recruiting, defense, and team management.

But if we want to be a perennial top 25 team every single year competing in the sweet 16 or better, we need to change up our offense.

Honestly it looked a lot like ollies offense with jalen…

Reaction Score
A composite mock draft has Bouk going 9th when it averages a bunch of them. The kid is supremely talented and now that he is healthy he has almost certainly secured his place in the lottery.

the Q

Reaction Score
A composite mock draft has Bouk going 9th when it averages a bunch of them. The kid is supremely talented and now that he is healthy he has almost certainly secured his place in the lottery.

Yeah, he has done the right things to move up.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he was a bubble lottery guy before the process started. But getting back to 100% and showing out in this process, putting the work in is making it clear he’s as good as we thought he was.

the Q

Reaction Score
Seeing so many Warriors fans complain about Bouk's 3PT FG% not factoring in the offensive system he played in and the type of shots he had to take due to that system, put him on Gonzaga and that number looks way different. Hope he goes there, him and Poole would be a treat to watch off the bench.

There’s also warriors fans who wouldn’t trade Wiggins for Simmons, so let’s just get that out of the way to start

Incursio007

"Plus Ultra!"
Reaction Score
Any news on if he completed athletic testing at his pro-day? He looked great in the skills department, but I was curious about his vertical & speed.

Reaction Score

This is a good point. Our offense just doesn’t have great spacing and we tend to be more traditional than modern. I think hurley sacrificed some good spacing lineups to help Sanogo’s development though, which was the right move.

Reaction Score
This is a good point. Our offense just doesn’t have great spacing and we tend to be more traditional than modern. I think hurley sacrificed some good spacing lineups to help Sanogo’s development though, which was the right move.
If we are being honest, Hurley's strengths are overall program management and on the defensive end. On the offensive end, there is much room for improvement to get shooters good looks consistently. I see other teams with beautiful ball movement and spacing. Danny is a tireless worker. I'm sure he will get there.

Reaction Score
If we are being honest, Hurley's strengths are overall program management and on the defensive end. On the offensive end, there is much room for improvement to get shooters good looks consistently. I see other teams with beautiful ball movement and spacing. Danny is a tireless worker. I'm sure he will get there.

Luke Murray will be a huge help this season.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
1624902475595.png

Reaction Score

Meh. The shots Bouknight got were OK. I don't think it was a system issue. If teams are geared to stop you, they can. Bouknight has to become better at creating for others and making correct play. That's where he struggled late. There was 2,3,4 guys thrown at him. That's a defense that I am not sure he has ever faced. At NBA level, he won't face that initially. Only a few guys demand that attention.

Reaction Score
Meh. The shots Bouknight got were OK. I don't think it was a system issue. If teams are geared to stop you, they can. Bouknight has to become better at creating for others and making correct play. That's where he struggled late. There was 2,3,4 guys thrown at him. That's a defense that I am not sure he has ever faced. At NBA level, he won't face that initially. Only a few guys demand that attention.

Bouk also really struggled with his dribble trying to create, even in one on one situations. That created a lot of errors and turnovers in crunch time. His handle was just too loose. His trainers should be all over that.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
If the Magic don't love Kuminga, Bouk definitely has a chance. They've needed a dynamic scoring option for years, and Green won't be there at 5. Would be a fun young backcourt with Hampton and Fultz showing promise.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom