Bouknight Draft Watch | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Bouknight Draft Watch

Reaction Score
I disagree, they are both skinny guards who can score and light it up at times. All sports leagues are copy cat leagues. Anyone out there looking for the next Trae Young might consider James. James could develop his PG skills, we have seen him make some great passes, we know he has a plus basketball IQ. Trae Young is this years breakout NBA superstar and the timing could not be better for James.
I love Bouknight’s game and I think he can be a star at the next level, but Trae Young averaged 27.4 points, 8.7 assists, 3.9 rebounds, and 1.7 steals in his one year at Oklahoma. I’m not sure I buy that comparison.

Reaction Score
I love Bouknight’s game and I think he can be a star at the next level, but Trae Young averaged 27.4 points, 8.7 assists, 3.9 rebounds, and 1.7 steals in his one year at Oklahoma. I’m not sure I buy that comparison.

all you have to do is watch the Creighton game to believe it. The potential is there and teams draft off potential. Obviously James' sophomore year was wrecked by the elbow injury, hopefully it is gone and not a chronic thing.

Reaction Score
Stylin' the Golden St colors on the treads.. Making it look pretty easy from the corner 3 pt line.. Kerr has to be takin' notes!

Before you know it..Steph will have Bouk out on the golf course working on his wedges.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I disagree, they are both skinny guards who can score and light it up at times. All sports leagues are copy cat leagues, anyone out there looking for the next Trae Young might consider James. James could develop his PG skills, we have seen him make some great passes, we know he has a plus basketball IQ. Trae Young is this years breakout NBA superstar and the timing could not be better for James.
Trae Young is one of the best passing and playmaking PGs in the league and he led the NCAA in assists his freshman year, when have u seen Bouk setup guys like Young has? Its a terrible comparison.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Trae Young is one of the best passing and playmaking PGs in the league and he led the NCAA in assists his freshman year, when have u seen Bouk setup guys like Young has? Its a terrible comparison.
Not to mention Trae is barely 6’ and Bouknight is about 6’5 with great athleticism. Most they have in common is that they’re light skin.

Reaction Score
Different skill sets but both bucket- getters in their own unique way

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Seeing so many Warriors fans complain about Bouk's 3PT FG% not factoring in the offensive system he played in and the type of shots he had to take due to that system, put him on Gonzaga and that number looks way different. Hope he goes there, him and Poole would be a treat to watch off the bench.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Seeing so many Warriors fans complain about Bouk's 3PT FG% not factoring in the offensive system he played in and the type of shots he had to take due to that system, put him on Gonzaga and that number looks way different. Hope he goes there, him and Poole would be a treat to watch off the bench.
These are probably some of the same people out here who can't wait to bring Ben Simmons aboard for crying out loud

Reaction Score
Weren't like over half of Bouk's 3s off the dribble or contested? I forget the exact details, but it was something like that. He will be much better shooting with space.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
The system that Bouk gets drafted into will be super key to his success. I don't see him ever serving as a role player. He needs to be the guy to go out and get buckets. Hoping he doesn't go to GSW.

Reaction Score
Weren't like over half of Bouk's 3s off the dribble or contested? I forget the exact details, but it was something like that. He will be much better shooting with space.
50% of his 3's were assisted which was the lowest on the team so this sounds right

Reactions: caw

caw

Reaction Score
50% of his 3's were assisted which was the lowest on the team so this sounds right
Yeah his shot selection and system was more of an issue than his actual ability IMO.
The system that Bouk gets drafted into will be super key to his success. I don't see him ever serving as a role player. He needs to be the guy to go out and get buckets. Hoping he doesn't go to GSW.

Dont agree, at GSW he would learn to play defense and get a lot of open looks if he earned PT.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Yeah his shot selection and system was more of an issue than his actual ability IMO.

Dont agree, at GSW he would learn to play defense and get a lot of open looks if he earned PT.
See I'd rather him be able to hit the ground running coming in. I think that's where Jeremy's career took a hit in OKC, having to fight for shots, minutes, and confidence. Would love for Bouknight to end up on a team with a good PG that needs a scoring guard like OKC, Knicks (no good PG but they need more scoring), Grizzlies, Pistons, hell the Hornets can use another shooter at SG who wouldn't be a complete liability defensively to play next to Lamelo. Bouk is too good to start his career off fighting for minutes as a role player imo.

Reaction Score
Not Bouknight related, but Julian Champagnie is showing very well in the combine game thats on right now. Going to be a monster if he comes back to St. John’s next year. I have a weird feeling that he will end up staying in the draft, but it really could go either way.
Hope he stays in the draft.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom