Bouknight Draft Watch | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Bouknight Draft Watch

Reaction Score
Meh. The shots Bouknight got were OK. I don't think it was a system issue. If teams are geared to stop you, they can. Bouknight has to become better at creating for others and making correct play. That's where he struggled late. There was 2,3,4 guys thrown at him. That's a defense that I am not sure he has ever faced. At NBA level, he won't face that initially. Only a few guys demand that attention.

Bouk made bad decisions--you ain't wrong. You're also blind if you don't think we have an offensive system issue.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
I don't think we can assess Hurley's system when a player hurt his elbow and undeniably shot worse once he returned. Hopefully, there will be a comparable player to Bouknight in the next few years and we can see what they do when healthy within Hurley's offense.
Agreed. Frankly opposing teams, pre and post elbow injury showed no fear of the guys surrounding Bouk. Certain games standout as examples including Creighton III, Nova and the Maryland game. Bouk drew double and triple teams by our opponents who essentially dared others to beat them.

I'd say opponents certainly game-planned under the assertion that Bouk was a reluctant passer at best (see Nova) and that the supporting cast was not much of a threat which made it extremely difficult for James offensively in the latter half of last season.

Reaction Score
Bouk to the Warriors looks like that might not happen:

Would be a heck of a haul for the Raptors to get Wiseman AND the #6 pick for Siakam.

I thought this passage about Bones Hyland from that same article was interesting:

“While projected first-rounders sat out the five-on-five portion, it did offer some players who were firmly thought of as second-rounders or worse a chance to show their wares. Several of them made very positive impressions.

The most notable was VCU guard Nah’Shon “Bones” Hyland, who dominated the opening minutes of the first scrimmage — the time when the majority of scouts are paying rapt attention and hadn’t yet turned to their phones or the guy behind them to chitchat — and finished with 17 points, five rebounds and four assists in the one game he played.

Hyland stood out not just for this box score, but for his eye test. When he got bigs on switches, he blew past them, leaving himself acres of space to finish at the rim. It’s pretty easy to envision Lou Williams-type bench scorer scenarios for him, especially after he measured with a 6-9 wingspan, and he may have played himself into the back end of the first round.”

As much as I’d love to see Bouknight play on the Warriors, I’m confident he’ll be okay wherever he lands.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
“A guy that maybe helped himself more than anybody else in the [NBA Combine] was Bouknight,” one NBA Director of Scouting said. “He had one of the most impressive shooting performances I’ve ever seen. He was bombing threes, I mean it was insane.”

Exaggeration but there are videos of him hitting them at a high percentage. Main point is that hitting 19 in practice with no pressure doesn’t mean much and shouldn't mean much
Two men say they're Jesus, one of them must be wrong...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I've got this one in mind on days like today:
I had ELO's Mr. Blue Sky for a while. That was random. It was a beautiful day. Maybe that did it.

Reaction Score
Where do they have him going?
#8 to Orlando.

“With the second of their top-10 picks, the Magic could seek upside in trying to add a prospect with real star power. Bouknight had a great showing at the NBA combine -- he measured well and posted an impressive performance in his pro day, also looking like one of the best shooters in the draft, an area in which Orlando could definitely stand to improve. Every NBA team is looking for the type of versatile scoring backcourt player Bouknight's ceiling suggests he can become if he reaches his full potential.”

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Looks like Bouk is attempting a Mike Mamula. Will he be more successful?

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom