Bouknight Draft Watch | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Bouknight Draft Watch

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Bouk was already projected as a lottery pick before the formal draft process even began

Yes. #14 is in the Lottery.

In January, I saw a publication where Bouknight was outside the top 14. I've seen him as high a #6 in recent days, but only after three months of dedicated combine preparation and the combine itself.

Reaction Score
Yes. #14 is in the Lottery.

In January, I saw a publication where Bouknight was outside the top 14. I've seen him as high a #6 in recent days, but only after three months of dedicated combine preparation and the combine itself.
And there's been plenty(not "1 publication") that had Bouk in the lottery before the combine, he's not a workout wonder and working on his shooting mechanics after the season isn't the same as Mamula dedicating himself to train for specific combine drills. Bouk needed to continue to work on his jumper for the next level, that's not the same as training for a cone drill.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I love the promotion surrounding him getting drafted. More looking forward to having to do this around MULTIPLE players annually
Bouknight could end up being very important to the rejump of our program. We have a lot of potential lottery talent on this team that can really move us back into NBA factory territory. Looking at you next Andre!

Reaction Score
IMO Bouk is the most gifted player to ever wear a UConn uniform. He does things that no other Husky could do. The sky is the limit for this kid.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
such an underrated band
And their eponymous first album is one of the best debut albums of all time IMO. Still holds up today. Every single song is great.

Reaction Score
Show me a season Bouknight shot 46% from 3 in college.

Talent comes in different forms.
I said Bouk did things no other Husky could do, and that is undeniably the truth regardless of things Ray Allen or any other player could do.

Reaction Score
I said Bouk did things no other Husky could do, and that is undeniably the truth regardless of things Ray Allen or any other player could do.
Yeah, but that's not the only thing you said. Nobody is disagreeing with this point. They're disagreeing with the first part:
IMO Bouk is the most gifted player to ever wear a UConn uniform.

Reaction Score
Yeah, but that's not the only thing you said. Nobody is disagreeing with this point. They're disagreeing with the first part:
In my opinion Bouk's athleticism makes him more versatile. Ray was a great athlete as well, but there is something really special about Bouknight. The 63" vertical box jump shows just how athletic he is. You may disagree with my opinion, but what I'm saying certainly is worthy of consideration. Ray played over 100 games in college and was more of a finished product entering the draft. Bouk only got to play in 43 college games and really has only scratched the surface of his potential. I think he has amazing upside potential if he stays healthy and gets into a system that fits him well.

Last edited:

Husky25

Reaction Score
All due respect, but you have also said you wouldn't bet against a "would-be" Hall of Famer from UConn making the Hall of Fame, who (at the time of the statement) had roughly a 1.5-1.7% chance of making the Hall of Fame, according to Basketball Reference.

All he needed was 7-8 Hall of Fame caliber season in the (then) next 7-8 years, post age 28. Hint: He still needs 7-8 Hall of Fame Caliber years, but only has 5 or 6 in which to do it.

In my opinion Bouk's athleticism makes him more versatile. Ray was a great athlete as well, but there is something really special about Bouknight. The 63" vertical box jump shows just how athletic he is. You may disagree with my opinion, but what I'm saying certainly is worthy of consideration.

I certainly think that you believe some of what you post is not hyperbole, but please don't mind if it is taken with a grain of salt.

caw

Reaction Score
In my opinion Bouk's athleticism makes him more versatile. Ray was a great athlete as well, but there is something really special about Bouknight. The 63" vertical box jump shows just how athletic he is. You may disagree with my opinion, but what I'm saying certainly is worthy of consideration.

First, I would just like to thank you for helping me waste over 4 minutes of my son’s time by letting him watch Ray Allen UConn dunks. That was fun.

Bouknight is great but he has a long way to go to show he is in Ray’s league as an athlete. Remember, Ray wasn’t just in the All-star 3pt contest, he got some dunks in as well. He was near the top of NBA athletes in his prime.

My favorite play of Ray’s was when he was 32ish against the Lakers. That reverse layup was beyond athletic.

Reaction Score
All due respect, but you have also said you wouldn't bet against a "would-be" Hall of Famer from UConn making the Hall of Fame, who (at the time of the statement) had roughly a 1.5-1.7% chance of making the Hall of Fame, according to Basketball Reference.

All he needed was 7-8 Hall of Fame caliber season in the (then) next 7-8 years, post age 28. Hint: He still needs 7-8 Hall of Fame Caliber years, but only has 5 or 6 in which to do it.

I certainly think that you believe some of what you post is not hyperbole, but please don't mind if it is taken with a grain of salt.
If Kemba didn't have knee issues he certainly could have become a hall of famer. He is the best player in Hornets franchise history and his college accomplishments do count toward Hall of Fame worthiness. Given his knee injuries, he has virtually no shot at the Hall of Fame now, but when I said that he certainly had a trajectory that reasonably put him on that path.

Husky25

Reaction Score
If Kemba didn't have knee issues he certainly could have become a hall of famer. He is the best player in Hornets franchise history and his college accomplishments do count toward Hall of Fame worthiness. Given his knee injuries, he has virtually no shot at the Hall of Fame now, but when I said that he certainly had a trajectory that reasonably put him on that path.
Sure, college accomplishments count toward Hall of Fame worthiness. They are just cancelled out by the college accomplishments of roughly 90% would-be or current Hall of Famers.

Don't misunderstand me. After his mediocre sophomore season, Kemba restored my enjoyment of college basketball, and UConn inparticular. That said, another well known secret is that Walker had the same chances then as he does now, even if he didn't have knee issues.

As for Bouknight, as @HuskyWarrior611 says, "[he] could end up being very important to the rejump of our program." I am just being wary of the hyperbole.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Bro can yall just appreciate Bouk for being a great husky who has done a great job representing the program and not compare him to everyone else under the sun? Jesus nothing is good enough

Reaction Score
Woo man, between this and the "Bouknight is the most talented Husky" take you have somehow squeezed two of the hottest takes of 2021 into one thread.

These are terrible takes, but don't let me dissuade your enthusiasm. Just tweet thru it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom