Bouknight Draft Watch | Page 19 | The Boneyard

Bouknight Draft Watch

Reaction Score
Woo man, between this and the "Bouknight is the most talented Husky" take you have somehow squeezed two of the hottest takes of 2021 into one thread.

These are terrible takes, but don't let me dissuade your enthusiasm. Just tweet thru it.
I didn't say he's the most talented Husky. I said he was the most naturally gifted. Those are two very different things.

Reaction Score
IMO Bouk is the most gifted player to ever wear a UConn uniform. He does things that no other Husky could do. The sky is the limit for this kid.
Please really watch early film.of Ray. Milwaukee and the Sonics. His athletism has been vastly underrated. He was arguably the second best SG a few years in the league behind Kobe.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I didn't say he's the most talented Husky. I said he was the most naturally gifted. Those are two very different things.
You have no real proof of this, nor is it reasonable to assume given what is known of how hard he has worked since he's arrived at UConn, let alone since the end of March, when he declared for the draft.

You are making it sound like he rolls out of bed and plays in meaningful basketball games. It doesn't work that way in any profession. The sky is generally not the limit without hard work.

Reaction Score
Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 2.16.23 PM.png

Dogs Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Woo man, between this and the "Bouknight is the most talented Husky" take you have somehow squeezed two of the hottest takes of 2021 into one thread.

These are terrible takes, but don't let me dissuade your enthusiasm. Just tweet thru it.
In fairness to him there's a lot of boneyarders who think Kemba would be a Hall of Famer, at least there was. I got blowback when I challenged the notion, one poster was arguing Kemba would surpass Steve Nash..

Bouknight is arguably the most talented Husky I've seen, we didn't get to see the best of him here unfortunately. It's unfair comparing him to a Hall of Famer when he hasn't even stepped on an NBA court but there's some things he is naturally better at than Ray and some things Ray is naturally better at than Bouknight, IMO.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
In fairness to him there's a lot of boneyarders who think Kemba would be a Hall of Famer, at least there was. I got blowback when I challenged the notion, one poster was arguing Kemba would surpass Steve Nash..

Bouknight is arguably the most talented Husky I've seen, we didn't get to see the best of him here unfortunately. It's unfair comparing him to a Hall of Famer when he hasn't even stepped on an NBA court but there's some things he is naturally better at than Ray and some things Ray is naturally better at than Bouknight, IMO.
Same poster, BTW.

And for the record, my post above was in reference to Ray Allen as a Husky. He was supremely athletic as a college player and well into his pro career. It's no mystery that most players lose athleticism as they age. Larry Bird could actually dunk in the early 80's. Michael was far less "Air" when he returned from Birmingham. A pre-draftee is not being compared to a Hall of Famer here.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Even in this case, it'd be really hard not to say Rudy isn't the guy here. He was averaging 18 and 6 while barely scratching the surface of just how good he could've been.

Reaction Score
The collective NBA_draft subreddit put him 8th to the Magic. That seems to be his most logical landing spot post combine.

Reaction Score
First, I would just like to thank you for helping me waste over 4 minutes of my son’s time by letting him watch Ray Allen UConn dunks. That was fun.

Bouknight is great but he has a long way to go to show he is in Ray’s league as an athlete. Remember, Ray wasn’t just in the All-star 3pt contest, he got some dunks in as well. He was near the top of NBA athletes in his prime.

My favorite play of Ray’s was when he was 32ish against the Lakers. That reverse layup was beyond athletic.

It was impressive. Ray's wheels and leaping ability were at least half gone by then, could still pul that off.

Reaction Score
Makes sense. They've got the draft capital to go for the homerun/high ceiling pick that's a little riskier.

I'd rather see him drafted by GSW or Orlando though.
Small market, but I think they turn it around pretty quick with all the draft capital they have and smart GM. Can always go to big market in 2nd contract. He can play alongside Shai and Dort no problem, I think. Kemba likely won't be there longterm, so Shai will play point.

Orlando is a good positional fit, but overall bad landing spot IMO (no faith in the front office). Agree GSW would be best.

Reaction Score
Makes sense. They've got the draft capital to go for the homerun/high ceiling pick that's a little riskier.

I'd rather see him drafted by GSW or Orlando though.
Orlando isn’t a great fit

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom