Bouknight charged with evading responsibility, interfering with police and more | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bouknight charged with evading responsibility, interfering with police and more

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Sounds like there is no license to suspend . . .

That’s why I said “license privilege.” Don’t need a license to get suspended.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Waiting for next Tuesday. Need context before I condemn.

Reaction Score

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Akok and Jalen injured, Bouk likely facing a fairly significant suspension. Well this season is off to a great start. Head bang

Husky25

Reaction Score
Akok and Jalen injured, Bouk likely facing a fairly significant suspension. Well this season is off to a great start. Head bang

Season doesn't start for 2 1/2 weeks. Injuries heal, Jalen has no effect on the team, Bouk will serve his penance and move on.

Reaction Score
Most of these charges are BS that they like to slap on bc they can, other that the driving w/o a license non of these charges strike me as “significant”. I’m not a lawyer but having been on the wrong side of the law a cpl times, most of the charges will end up NG as this is prob his fist time getting in trouble w the law.
I don’t suspect a “significant” suspension.
Maybe a game or two at the most and maybe Hurley starts with an exhibition suspension

Reaction Score
I got away with a lot of stuff when I was his age. I hope he learns from this and grows as an adult and represents himself well going forward. These types of things really do force a reality check no matter who you are. Unfortunately for him he has a big responsibility in representing the University, it’s a big responsibility for a young adult. I hope it works out well for him and Hurley mitigates it appropriately to everyone representing the men’s basketball program.

Reaction Score
Now I know basketball season is around the corner. Always nice to have these yearly reminders.

we really bringing the swag and tuff juice this season! I’ll allow some pumpkin smashing at the stone cold residence if they need to get some anger out... just need to clean up before the old lady sees it otherwise flashing lights will be up and down the street haha

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Not gonna lie, I played college baseball for four years and stuff like this happened the year we had poor senior leadership. When we had good senior leadership nothing like this ever happened. Tough job for CV alone but strong upperclassman leadership is something this team has been lacking for a few years. Hope this changes soon.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Most of these charges are BS that they like to slap on bc they can, other that the driving w/o a license non of these charges strike me as “significant”. I’m not a lawyer but having been on the wrong side of the law a cpl times, most of the charges will end up NG as this is prob his fist time getting in trouble w the law.
I don’t suspect a “significant” suspension.
Maybe a game or two at the most and maybe Hurley starts with an exhibition suspension

Actually, in order of severity, it would go evading, interfering, driving without license, traveling too fast. Driving without a license isn’t really all that significant.

I agree with everything else you said, though.

Reaction Score
So, Hurley has been on him for lack of effort which he carefully explained is likely due to how talented Bouknight is and thus he picked up bad habits in high school because his talent overcame others' efforts to stop him.

Adding this to his resume may indicate he does (or at least did) feel extra privileged and this "incident" may be the best thing to happen to him early in life. I'm sure his parents don't approve of court appearances and what this means for them.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Could it mean that driving without a license means he didn't have one on him at the time? Is there a difference in CT between driving with out a license and be an unlicensed driver (i.e. suspended, revoked, never obtained)? Is CT a state where he could show he is validly licensed after the fact? Honest questions.

C

Chief00

Nearly all freshmen, away from home for the first time, make immature, foolish mistakes.
Not asking for any special treatment for James but the vibe Chief got early on when I became aware of the situation, was that the cop seemed to enjoy throwing the entire book at James when one minor charge on a minor incident would do.
To answer a poster’s question. No this wouldn’t happen at a school we are trying to be competitive with (Duke, UK, UNC, FL, LSU, TX). I will let others decide if that’s a problem. Chief has his opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom