Bouknight charged with evading responsibility, interfering with police and more | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Bouknight charged with evading responsibility, interfering with police and more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Wonder why she did that? lol
I mean we can speculate on that all day, but that's what it is, speculation. He's not going to be suspended longer or expelled for stealing a car because he wasn't charged with it. That's my point

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
I mean we can speculate on that all day, but that's what it is, speculation. He's not going to be suspended longer or expelled for stealing a car because he wasn't charged with it. That's my point

no that wasn’t your point, your point was that I lied...which is comical at best.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
quotes from the Courant article:

"Some details of the arrest were released Tuesday, but the warrant showed that the officer who stopped the 19-year-old freshman at Royce Circle and Wilbur Cross Way, said he “detected an odor of alcoholic beverage emitting from Bouknight.” No tests were administered, as Bouknight ran from the scene shortly after being asked for identification. A series of charges filed against Bouknight earlier this week did not include driving under the influence."

"The owner of the car told police she had not given anyone permission to use her car, and the keys had been left in the kitchen of her apartment. She and her friends, after an evening at Ted’s Bar and Restaurant and another unnamed bar near campus, invited “15 to 20 people” back to the apartment. She said, at that time, she wanted the person who drove her car to be arrested."

In the interest of unbiased reporting and so that we can draw our own conclusions based on all known information, make sure you also include the part where she amended her statement eleven days later to say that, due to her level of intoxication, she couldn’t remember if she gave him permission to drive her car or not. Unfortunately that doesn’t align with *some people here’s* narrative.

Reaction Score
no that wasn’t your point, your point was that I lied...which is comical at best.
My point was you didn't read. Either that or you're purposely misrepresenting the story

polycom

Reaction Score
My point was you didn't read. Either that or you're purposely misrepresenting the story

both points were wrong. But it’s cool.Next time read and we can discuss. Remember the facts are always the best.

Reaction Score
both points were wrong. But it’s cool.Next time read and we can discuss. Remember the facts are always the best.
But only some facts. I'll make sure next time I prepare ahead of time which facts I want to leave out, thanks for the advice

Reaction Score
Well, good chance alcohol was involved. Hopefully doesn't get charged with an alcohol related offense. Needs to concentrate on the ball not the booze.

Reactions: pj
Reaction Score
My takeaway from this entire incident is that even if we believe Bouk's story 100%, its this -

I was driving my drunk friend's car at 130am without a driver's license, and then I crashed her car and when the cops arrived I fled the scene.

As I said, the best-case scenario is MONUMENTALLY STUPID.

Whatever the legal or athletic sanctions are, that narrative is the ESPN graphic that will be played every time this kid enters a game on ESPN for the next 18 months. Remember the AJ/Marcus laptop thing?

Reaction Score
If true, which we don’t know with certainty, as badly as it hurts, and its going to hurt badly, the kid has to go. End of story. Other students deserve safe environments. Can’t be tolerated, not an iota.

This is what this board has now descended into. What a fraud. Still bitter about the move back to the Big East huh?

polycom

Reaction Score
But only some facts. I'll make sure next time I prepare ahead of time which facts I want to leave out, thanks for the advice

as long as you bring facts to the table conversation is always welcome. Great to see where this started and where we are now. it’s like you’ve come full circle first you’re calling me a liar and now you’re saying I didn’t lie at all. And if you read my op you’d see it said allegedly. But A+ for trying.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I’d like formal apologies from everyone who said it was ridiculous to assume he had been drinking when he crashed a car into a stop sign at 1:38am on a Friday night.I believe there were even threats of bans from the mods.

LOL
Starts by stating a preference for formal apologies, and ends with LOL. That's a deep mood swing. Fair assessment?

Reaction Score
as long as you bring facts to the table conversation is always welcome. Great to see where this started and where we are now. it’s like you’ve come full circle first you’re calling me a liar and now you’re saying I didn’t lie at all. And if you read my op you’d see it said allegedly. But A+ for trying.
Not a liar, just purposely misrepresenting facts. Your call if that's better or worse than lying

Reaction Score
Whatever the legal or athletic sanctions are, that narrative is the ESPN graphic that will be played every time this kid enters a game on ESPN for the next 18 months. Remember the AJ/Marcus laptop thing?

C'mon. How many actual scandals in college sports have there been since the laptop thing? This is not going to have that kind of traction (even though someone actually threw around "attempted murder" in this very thread.)

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I'll reserve judgment and reaction until the full story comes to light. If a stiff penalty is deserved, then I hope one is received. If it isn't, then I'm fine with a 1 game suspension and warning that a repeat incident will be dealt with more severely.

Reaction Score
Well, good chance alcohol was involved. Hopefully doesn't get charged with an alcohol related offense. Needs to concentrate on the ball not the booze.
Very good chance. I read that this all started at Ted's then read that the Cop smelled alcohol on his breath. If it walks like a duck.....

Reaction Score
Do they still do the Daily Campus police blotter? Because I can assure you, pretty much everyone I knew who got named in that for whatever reason remained in school, or maybe were suspended a semester at worst. Violent offenses and felonies (e.g. selling drugs) get you kicked out, not being a panicky and immature freshman.

Also, it will absolutely not be mentioned endlessly on ESPN or wherever. If we were good then maybe different story, but fortunately for James we are still going to spend this year as an absolute afterthought in the CBB world.

Reaction Score
OMG, my head hurts reading this thread.

This thread:
1571881274809.png

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
If they come back and say that he has to sit the year, big if, does he lose a year of eligibility or will he be able to redshirt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom