Bouknight charged with evading responsibility, interfering with police and more | Page 18 | The Boneyard

Bouknight charged with evading responsibility, interfering with police and more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
yes because I believe in cancel culture lol. What has happened to this place? If he stole a car, drove drunk, crashed a car, ran from the cops, speeding without a license. He should get in a ton of trouble. End of story if that didn’t happen then his punishment should be proportional. The idea that he’s a kid is stupid and not a defense. The idea that everyone does stupid things is also stupid because not everyone is equal.
You raged against the inequality of the athlete vs the average student and then proceeded to admit they are not equal. Also you say "he should be in a ton of trouble". Um, have you been paying attention? It's on ESPN, articles written, countless tweets, a 17 page message board discussion, an upcoming court appearance with legal consequences, upcoming suspension. He is in some trouble I would say. Furthermore, if you don't think young people or college kids sometimes do dumb things and don't have the wisdom or perspective of a more mature person then I don't know what to tell you. It may not be an excuse but it may be an explanation. There is a distinction. You are acting like we all think he should get off scott free which is not the case. I just think the judgemental piling on seems a bit overkill. He screwed up. It will be dealt with by the proper people. I would rather offer support and the hope he redeems himself rather than obsess about how bad he messed up.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
My roommate didn't get expelled when he got in accident and got DUI and tried to run and hide in the woods behind carriage house.

He was a regular student not an athlete
Yes, but we wouldn't know this if he'd gotten you to shut up. Couldn't you have just played along?

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
So let’s get this right. Our stud recruit not only takes plays off on the court now he pulls this crap. Off to a bad start I would say.
Your subsequent post about the loss of your dad makes this more understandable. I'm sorry you had to live through that.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I'll reserve judgment and reaction until the full story comes to light. If a stiff penalty is deserved, then I hope one is received. If it isn't, then I'm fine with a 1 game suspension and warning that a repeat incident will be dealt with more severely.
"One of these posts is not like the others..."

Thank you for this.

Reaction Score
This is pretty bad, he stole a car, was speeding, crashed into a pole and another vehicle, didn't have a license, smelled of alcohol, ran from the scene and avoided police.

Objectively speaking, this is a lot worse than a bad decision. Any one of those warrants a suspension. I don't see how you spin this into a stern lecture from the coach.

Once again I ask. Does UConn have any orientation for athletes? Because this happens with frequency. It's time to conclude whatever they are doing doesn't work.

Reaction Score
Wow, this is a harsh board. Let's not be sure we have all the info to make a decision. Just a thought.

Reaction Score
Wow, this is a harsh board. Let's not be sure we have all the info to make a decision. Just a thought.
Just repeating what was in the Courant.

Reaction Score
This is pretty bad, he stole a car, was speeding, crashed into a pole and another vehicle, didn't have a license, smelled of alcohol, ran from the scene and avoided police.

Objectively speaking, this is a lot worse than a bad decision. Any one of those warrants a suspension. I don't see how you spin this into a stern lecture from the coach.

Once again I ask. Does UConn have any orientation for athletes? Because this happens with frequency. It's time to conclude whatever they are doing doesn't work.

Stole a car?? She took back her statement. So he wasn’t charged with stealing a car. Police not charging him with a DUI either.

its all about what their charging him with not whats in the police report. Hurley will suspend him and it will be more than two only if the University steps in and forces more.

Reaction Score
C'mon. How many actual scandals in college sports have there been since the laptop thing? This is not going to have that kind of traction (even though someone actually threw around "attempted murder" in this very thread.)

Don't C'mon. Dave freaking Pasco is going to put his serious voice on, and when Bouk comes on the court its going to be "troubling" arrest, smelled alcohol, 130 am, fled scene, initial reports were that he didn't have permission to have the car, no license. If you think that isn't the case, you are naive.

I mean in the grand scheme of things does it matter? Not really, but its annoying and I can already see the dramatic ESPN graphic laying out the timeline of events.

Reaction Score

The story in the Courant fro the police report does not paint a picture of him stealing a car. A statement from a person while they're intoxicated can hardly be taken as anything factual, especially when they recant it later.

The thing here that will determine whether this was a "stupid young kid" move worthy of 6am suicides and a game or two on the bench or if it's a serious offense with far more severe punishment is whether he was drinking before he got behind the wheel of the car. He won't be charged legally most likely, but that doesn't mean Hurley can't find out for himself.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
How does the highest profile freshman on campus, a kid who’s 6’5, get away with drinking late night at Ted’s without someone noticing/saying something? A 5 second google search will tell you he’s 19.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
I don’t care what he did, he’s going to be a huge part of our program moving forward and Hurley said he’s a good kid. Whatever Hurley decides to do will definitely be harsh enough and everyone can move past this and win some damn basketball games. College athletes think they’re invincible when they get on campus and now he knows he’s not. As long as there’s smooth sailing moving forward who cares.

Reaction Score
while people seem to be very concerned about him possibly not playing vs Florida, I think it’s more important he doesn’t miss the early testers like Iona, Buffalo and even Indiana. Those are games we NEED to win if we want to make the tourney

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
I want him playing as soon as possible too. But there are comments on this thread that are totally enabling. If a kid feels nothing substantial happens, they feel empowered to repeat the same mistake.
The facts aren't all out but there is enough to know he screwed up. We don't bash the kid but you don't make it disappear.
None of you worry about a repeat offense where there ends up being serious injury or death to him or someone else? This is the time for Bouk to learn a serious lesson and to understand that kids make mistakes. Both.
Our basketball entertainment is not the priority here

Reaction Score
All I have to say about this, is I knew there was a female involved, called it...And I still haven’t even read the article. Lol.

James is a good kid no sense in me reading into it any further than that. I’ve been in the same place before just never caught in this scenario

Reaction Score
This thread needs to be LOCKED. Trashing a kid and speculating on the punishments is unfair. Just sit back, see what happens, and hope for the best.

Reaction Score
Next people are going to say he kidnapped the girl who car it was. He didn't steal the car. I've never heard of someone stealing a car by taking the keys off the counter and taking the time to track down the owner to go on a joy ride in the stolen car

Girl clearly was intoxicated and let someone (Bouknight) drive her car

Reaction Score
This is what this board has now descended into. What a fraud. Still bitter about the move back to the Big East huh?
It’s basic common sense that should apply to any student. Use your head. You don’t want intoxicated students stealing cars and driving around the campus. I don’t my kid or your kid to being a statistic.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
A few years back I was driving into Hartford on 84 during rush hour. Actually saw a man reading the paper while he drove. It was folded like you see people holding it on the train and he had it mounted on the middle of his steering wheel. Eyes going back and forth from the paper to the road. Scary.
Maybe thats what bouknight was doing.

Reaction Score
It’s basic common sense that should apply to any student. Use your head. You don’t want intoxicated students stealing cars and driving around the campus. I don’t my kid or your kid to being a statistic.
Please crawl back under the rock, he didn't steal a car and you don't have any idea if he was drunk. Just stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom