Bouknight applies for rebab program to drop charges | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Bouknight applies for rebab program to drop charges

Reaction Score
I'd imagine Bouknight has to go through a disciplinary board hearing at UConn. I remember this happening with all the other players who got in trouble on campus. Until that decision comes down I don't think we'll know what his suspension is. I don't think the suspension is just Hurley's call.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Getting this kid on the court as soon as possible and winning some big games will help the culture as much as disciplining him.
This should have been swept under the rug from day 1.
Yeah, not disciplining him at all is the surest way to lose a program. Ask Dom Perno.

Reaction Score
I'd imagine Bouknight has to go through a disciplinary board hearing at UConn. I remember this happening with all the other players who got in trouble on campus. Until that decision comes down I don't think we'll know what his suspension is. I don't think the suspension is just Hurley's call.
It’d be some classic UConn to not get out of their own way here

Reaction Score
At all? Sure. Enough? Don't really know, but I trust Hurley to make that call.
The problem is I don’t believe Hurley is the one making the primary decision here. I could be wrong but it seems the University Administration is handling out the disciplinary action and Hurley kind of has to go along with it. It seems Hurley has already disciplined him.

Back in the day I got caught by UW with honestly a small nugget of marijuana. I was charged with drug possession, fined and had to take classes with instructors telling me how unsafe and dangerous marijuana is.
A few years later, it’s completely legal in Washington.
Not saying what I did was right. But these Public Universities have a tendency to overreact on their punishments and I feel what Bouk will have to go through is similar to what I had to go through and even worse.
Which is why i don’t agree with it.

They act is it these guys can’t learn from their mistakes without beating a dead horse over their heads for months and months. It’s excessive and doesn’t work. I still smoke marijuana legally now and I’m a fully functional adult. Good job UW

Reaction Score
Trying to maintain some sort of moral high ground in the cesspool that is college basketball is a sucker's play. Sure way to have a crappy team you can feel good about.

100% agree.. Fake classes, hookers, people getting paid. Unknown amount of players getting drunk doing equally stupid things. On so many teams.

Yet we are going to hammer this kid and stunt his growth. And put this team in a bad position by December 1.

This also looks horrible to any recruits considering Uconn.. When they all know how other schools handle this stuff.. Why would they want to deal with the insane consequences that Uconn seems to be handing out ?

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Keep him out until after the Florida game, the anger he should feel towards himself for missing our biggest game of the year should ensure he's learned his lesson.

Reaction Score
Yeah, not disciplining him at all is the surest way to lose a program. Ask Dom Perno.
Agree to disagree.

Have the kid run until he pukes for several practices, sit him for a game, and move on.

New England administrators and their holier than thou attitude is a bigger threat to the program than James Bouknight’s bender.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Agree to disagree.

Have the kid run until he pukes for several practices, sit him for a game, and move on.

New England administrators and their holier than thou attitude is a bigger threat to the program than James Bouknight’s bender.
The pole he hit could've been a person, he shouldn't get a pass because he plays for your favorite basketball team.

Reaction Score
Agree to disagree.

Exactly. Just old sexually frustrated and self righteous administrators tying another kid to the whipping post and patting their own backs

Reaction Score
There’s prolly a decent chance the Florida game will remain reasonably close 5-8 pts. And there’s probably a 50/50 chance we will be a bubble team come March- and the fla game cud very well be our make or break game come tourney committee time. So by sitting him for this game on top of what he’s already feeling/dealing with, might be more significant season-wise than we are realizing now in November. But I bet some of us will point to him missing the fla game come tourney time as why we missed out on the tournament- I know I’m being a bit over dramatic but u have to admit, there’s a decent chance I’m accurate in my prediction. Hope he plays., the seasons worth it.

dantheman

@instorrsnow
Reaction Score
Takes longer than month to complete the drug/alchohol classes he most likely is going to have to take as part of applying for AR

AR does not mandate drug or alcohol classes. A condition may be set where James has to attend a drug or alchohol substance evaluation and if issues are discovered he would then be required to undergo the recommended treatment (not likely for a kid his age but who knows).

AEP - alchohol education program and DEP (drug) require roughly a dozen classes to be completed sequentially and would push the Court dates and potentially suspension out. The delay in between these dates for AR is so that probabtion can screen his application for any issues, including prior use of the program in the last ten years. Also they may require that victims (state for the sign and owner of the car potentially?) recieve written notice of their right to object well in advance of the disposition hearing.

Reaction Score
Like it or not. This is not how “ big time” programs handle situations like this.

It comes down to win or be morally correct. Pic one or the other ya can’t have both.

It’s sad but true. I believe in doing the right thing. But I also will not complain when Book is behind schedule all year and we get home from Charleston behind as a team.

Many of the people who preach about how this should be handled will be the first complaining in March.

Big time programs will lecture the kid in public, suspend him for a game, then circle the wagons and get onto business.

Small time AD acts small time, news at 11.

pj

Reaction Score
Exactly. Just old sexually frustrated and self righteous administrators tying another kid to the whipping post and patting their own backs

I couldn't tell whether this was hyperbole or satire, but UCDaveD liked it, so I'll guess hyperbole.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
There’s prolly a decent chance the Florida game will remain reasonably close 5-8 pts. And there’s probably a 50/50 chance we will be a bubble team come March- and the fla game cud very well be our make or break game come tourney committee time. So by sitting him for this game on top of what he’s already feeling/dealing with, might be more significant season-wise than we are realizing now in November. But I bet some of us will point to him missing the fla game come tourney time as why we missed out on the tournament- I know I’m being a bit over dramatic but u have to admit, there’s a decent chance I’m accurate in my prediction. Hope he plays., the seasons worth it.

That is an unreasonably high percentage.

Reaction Score
That is an unreasonably high percentage.

If I'm reading him right, that mean's it's 50/50 to get onto the bubble, and then on the bubble it'd be 50/50 to make the tournament. So it's really a 25% chance to make the tournament. That sounds right to me.

Reaction Score
The pole he hit could've been a person, he shouldn't get a pass because he plays for your favorite basketball team.
He's not getting a pass. He was arrested and has a court date. He will also have the university to deal with. Those are the same two things a "regular" student has to deal with. A regular student doesn't get a basketball suspension and catch hell from his coach because he doesn't play basketball. Because of this you could almost argue Bouknight is getting additional punishment to what a regular student gets. And don't even start with the basketball players are held to a higher standard bit when your main complaint is they should be being treated equally to a regular student. Can't have it both ways.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
So now we convict and punish based on hypotheticals? It could have been a group of nuns shepherding orphans too, but it wasn’t. It was a damn pole.
Yes, because drunk drivers never kill anyone. Great job missing the point.

Reaction Score
I also had Rob Britt represent me for accelerated rehabilitation...and that was awhile ago.
I knew Rob when I was a court officer. He is a good guy who always had his clients best interests first.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
If I'm reading him right, that mean's it's 50/50 to get onto the bubble, and then on the bubble it'd be 50/50 to make the tournament. So it's really a 25% chance to make the tournament. That sounds right to me.

I'm probably at 10‰ making the tournament, but I can get making a case for 25%.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom