Bouknight applies for rebab program to drop charges | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Bouknight applies for rebab program to drop charges

Reaction Score
Reckless/distracted drivers never kill anyone, another tremendous job missing the point.
You accused him of drunk driving, yet I missed the point? Ok. Your making your judgement based off of the assumption he was drunk. He should be judged on what he was charged with. Accusing a 18-19 year old of something unfounded on a message board is irresponsible. Anyone in this thread who has even insinuated he was drunk driving or that he stole a car are doing far more bad than good. It’s not fair to the young man. He’s already made enough mistakes in this situation. He doesn’t need you or any one else on this board pushing unfounded accusations

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
You accused him of drunk driving, yet I missed the point? Ok. Your making your judgement based off of the assumption he was drunk. He should be judged on what he was charged with. Accusing a 18-19 year old of something unfounded on a message board is irresponsible. Anyone in this thread who has even insinuated he was drunk driving or that he stole a car are doing far more bad than good. It’s not fair to the young man. He’s already made enough mistakes in this situation. He doesn’t need you or any one else on this board pushing unfounded accusations
The officer smelled alchohol on him, on a friday night at 1:30 in the morning, after he crashed a vehicle into a pole, so we can agree to disagree on the likelyhood he was drinking. But whether or not he was drinking isnt my point, he could've seriously injured somebody at minimum, and was very fortunate the pole was the only thing he hit. Combine that with the fact that he doesn't have a drivers license, and running from the police, a 3 game suspension is the least he should do, imo.

Reaction Score
The officer smelled alchohol on him, on a friday night at 1:30 in the morning, after he crashed a vehicle into a pole, so we can agree to disagree on the likelyhood he was drinking. But whether or not he was drinking isnt my point, he could've seriously injured somebody at minimum, and was very fortunate the pole was the only thing he hit. Combine that with the fact that he doesn't have a drivers license, and running from the police, a 3 game suspension is the least he should do, imo.
The officer smelled alcohol. Not “on him”. The girl who’s car he was driving was admittedly passed out drunk. Maybe that could explain he smell of alcohol. The point is you have ZERO idea if he was under the influence. And to insinuate so is irresponsible. I say the first 2 games is enough. Anything else is cutting off your nose to spite your face. It’d be unnecessary imo

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
The officer smelled alcohol. Not “on him”. The girl who’s car he was driving was admittedly passed out drunk. Maybe that could explain he smell of alcohol. The point is you have ZERO idea if he was under the influence. And to insinuate so is irresponsible. I say the first 2 games is enough. Anything else is cutting off your nose to spite your face. It’d be unnecessary imo
I think 2 or 3 is splitting hairs, I said 3 because of the significance of the 3rd game.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The problem is I don’t believe Hurley is the one making the primary decision here. I could be wrong but it seems the University Administration is handling out the disciplinary action and Hurley kind of has to go along with it. It seems Hurley has already disciplined him.

Back in the day I got caught by UW with honestly a small nugget of marijuana. I was charged with drug possession, fined and had to take classes with instructors telling me how unsafe and dangerous marijuana is.
A few years later, it’s completely legal in Washington.
Not saying what I did was right. But these Public Universities have a tendency to overreact on their punishments and I feel what Bouk will have to go through is similar to what I had to go through and even worse.
Which is why i don’t agree with it.

They act is it these guys can’t learn from their mistakes without beating a dead horse over their heads for months and months. It’s excessive and doesn’t work. I still smoke marijuana legally now and I’m a fully functional adult. Good job UW
As I’ve said in a few posts, the judicial system will give it punishment, the school will give it some punishment and Hurley will give his punishment. That’s just the way things work when you screw up at a University. Frankly, Hurley is probably the least of Bouk’s problems, right now, though he is probably the most visible to him day to day.

I do worry about the school overreacting.

CL82

Reaction Score
Agree to disagree.

Have the kid run until he pukes for several practices, sit him for a game, and move on.

New England administrators and their holier than thou attitude is a bigger threat to the program than James Bouknight’s bender.
Walk back duly noted. Originally you said the whole thing should just be swept under the rug.

Reaction Score
I think 2 or 3 is splitting hairs, I said 3 because of the significance of the 3rd game.

He most likely will be suspended for that third game and probably beyond. But it makes no sense to pile on just for him to miss "important" games. Every game is important for this team and keeping him out of games with national interest just for that purpose only hurts the program.

Reaction Score
Walk back duly noted. Originally you said the whole thing should just be swept under the rug.
I haven’t walked anything back. Internal punishment and a vague “violation of team rules” single game suspension is considered sweeping it under the rug to me. Your interpretation may have been different, but that’s just a matter of semantics.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
As I’ve said in a few posts, the judicial system will give it punishment, the school will give it some punishment and Hurley will give his punishment. That’s just the way things work when you screw up at a University. Frankly, Hurley is probably the least of Bouk’s problems, right now, though he is probably the most visible to him day to day.

I do worry about the school overreacting.
This is all wrong, that isn't at all "just the way things work when you screw up at a University."

The point people are making is this isn't at all how things are done at big time sports Universities.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
He didn't kill anyone, he hurt a street sign.

You are terrible at this.
I'm done, I can't explain any more clearly that reckless driving is dangerous and he needs a solid punishment for doing so.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
You may find a shocking similarity between all the reckless drivers who didn't kill someone. None of them were punished as if they did
You think my argument is still 3 games if he had hurt/killed someone? I'm being easy on him because of his good fortune that it didn't happen.

Reaction Score
That is an unreasonably high percentage.
Ok. I’ll downgrade a bit. 40% chance were in the second wave of the “next last 4 out” bubble convo. Fair? Lol. Bottom line , Florida game is huge, so the question for the team and bouknight- is- is it more important for him/team to sit the Florida game or to play the Florida game? . I thinks two games is more than plenty. Others think more is needed I guess, So be it

Last edited:

CL82

Reaction Score
I haven’t walked anything back. Internal punishment and a vague “violation of team rules” single game suspension is considered sweeping it under the rug to me. Your interpretation may have been different, but that’s just a matter of semantics.
We can disagree as to appropriate punishment, ultimately that's Hurley's call, but the notion that there should be no punishment (or no meaningful punishment since that is your revised position) completely ignores what that would do to the team dynamic. I mentioned Perno, purposefully because that was a big part of how he lost control that of that team. I won't talk about it in greater detail on the board but PM me if you are curious.

CL82

Reaction Score
Didn't this thread already get locked a few weeks ago?
1572996707006.png

"Skeleton Key"​

Reaction Score
People seem to want a good basketball team but only on their own personal moral terms. Makes me wonder how some of you can even watch sports period. People posturing over a punishmenet that hasn't even been given yet. I think some of you just like to argue. Chief, punishments, who's a real insider??? This season needs to start yesterday.

Reaction Score
We can disagree as to appropriate punishment, ultimately that's Hurley's call, but the notion that there should be no punishment (or no meaningful punishment since that is your revised position) completely ignores what that would do to the team dynamic. I mentioned Perno, purposefully because that was a big part of how he lost control that of that team. I won't talk about it in greater detail on the board but PM me if you are curious.
*Misunderstands what someone meant despite them explaining in to you in greater detail*
”Your revised position”

CL82

Reaction Score
*Misunderstands what someone meant despite them explaining in to you in greater detail*
”Your revised position”
:rolleyes:
*Misunderstands primary point about coaches needing to hold players accountable.

Shrug, words mean things Dave.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
I just think the D1 revenue sports are a joke. It's big business. Treat it as such. This "life lessons" and "they're student-athletes" nonsense is ridiculous.
I don't disagree. The line of bs that is the "student-athlete" is just a perverted marketing strategy.

Reaction Score
:rolleyes:
*Misunderstands primary point about coaches needing to hold players accountable.

Shrug, words mean things Dave.
I understand your point, I just don’t care about it.

Reaction Score
You just assumed he was drunk. Incredibly irresponsible

Let's look at all of the facts in conjuction:

1) He was at a party where people were drinking, apparently some so much that the girl who apparently lent him the car blacked out and doesn't remember it
2) He subsequently crashed the car
3) The officer who arrived claimed to have smelled alcohol on his breath (would have been a clever lie, since he didn't know yet that Bouknight had been at the party)
4) Bouknight proceeded to run away from the cop.

Sure, it's possible that these are all coincidences, and Bouknight wasn't drinking. But does that seem like the most likely explanation?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom