Bouknight applies for rebab program to drop charges | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Bouknight applies for rebab program to drop charges

Reaction Score
D2548C8D-BDD4-4A47-8B90-6B934F1FE384.jpeg

Reaction Score
So not until December. Great. Seems overly harsh and feels like we are shooting our selves in the foot a bit here. Not sure where this decision is coming from but I feel like our administration tries a little to hard sometimes. A game or two would have been enough to get the point across. Just my opinion.

Reaction Score
Is there a chance he already did everything he had to do over the last month or so? We just found out but the incident occurred in September. It’s quiet, not sure if it’s a good quiet or a bad quiet.
Takes longer than month to complete the drug/alchohol classes he most likely is going to have to take as part of applying for AR

Reaction Score
So not until December. Great. Seems overly harsh and feels like we are shooting our selves in the foot a bit here. Not sure where this decision is coming from but I feel like our administration tries a little to hard sometimes. A game or two would have been enough to get the point across. Just my opinion.
Without knowing every little detail I’m not going to weigh in on how fair it is, but his court date is before Charleston so hopefully he can earn his way back before then (just my hope not what I’ve heard).

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
It’s a process. The school probably isn’t going to do anything until after the legal process finishes and Hurley isn’t going to play him until the school finishes. Is that really fair? Probably not. But the moral to the story is don’t “borrow“ someone’s car when you are drunk, hit a traffic sign and flee the scene. It was a big-time screwup by someone who is probably otherwise a good kid. As I was fond of saying to my children, actions have consequences. I feel for Bouknight but it’s fair that he receive the same sanctions that any kid would in those circumstances. Not more, not less.

Reaction Score
It’s a process. The school probably isn’t going to do anything until after the legal process finishes and Hurley isn’t going to play him until the school finishes. Is that really fair? Probably not. But the moral to the story is don’t “borrow“ someone’s car when you are drunk, hit a traffic sign and flee the scene. It was a big-time screwup by someone who is probably otherwise a good kid. As I was fond of saying to my children, actions have consequences. I feel for Bouknight but it’s fair that he receive the same sanctions that any kid would in those circumstances. Not more, not less.

Thank you for having a reasonable take on this. People that think he deserves just a slap on the wrist don't really understand the big picture.

Reaction Score
Like it or not. This is not how “ big time” programs handle situations like this.

It comes down to win or be morally correct. Pic one or the other ya can’t have both.

It’s sad but true. I believe in doing the right thing. But I also will not complain when Book is behind schedule all year and we get home from Charleston behind as a team.

Many of the people who preach about how this should be handled will be the first complaining in March.

Reaction Score
Like it or not. This is not how “ big time” programs handle situations like this.

It comes down to win or be morally correct. Pic one or the other ya can’t have both.

It’s sad but true. I believe in doing the right thing. But I also will not complain when Book is behind schedule all year and we get home from Charleston behind as a team.

Many of the people who preach about how this is handled will be the first complaining in March.
PREACH.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Thank you for having a reasonable take on this. People that think he deserves just a slap on the wrist don't really understand the big picture.
Yep. Same goes for the people who want to lock the kid up and throw away the key. Kids make mistakes. Consequences for those actions help them to make better decisions in the future.

Reaction Score
i think most people here are missing the most important aspect of this story
A kid with iffy driving experience, who possibly was drinking took a car out for a ride..whether Is was with permission or not is irrelevant to my point.
An automobile under any circumstances has the ability to be lethal, these conditions simply increased the likelihood of accident,
He is very fortunate that physical harm to himself or someone else did not occur
This good fortune is the lesson he should take away from this episode Weather he sits 2-3 or even six games that will soon be forgotten and is really unimportant to the potential permanent harm he could have inflicted on himself or others.
If he doesn’t understand his good fortune than the likelihood of repeating increase drastically.

Reaction Score

Many of the people who preach about how this should be handled will be the first complaining in March.
Sadly, we haven't been doing things big time around here since Lew Perkins left.

Heard he may be back for Florida but if they drag this out into December we'll be digging our own grave.

Reaction Score
i think most people here are missing the most important aspect of this story
A kid with iffy driving experience, who possibly was drinking took a car out for a ride..whether Is was with permission or not is irrelevant to my point.
An automobile under any circumstances has the ability to be lethal, these conditions simply increased the likelihood of accident,
He is very fortunate that physical harm to himself or someone else did not occur
This good fortune is the lesson he should take away from this episode Weather he sits 2-3 or even six games that will soon be forgotten and is really unimportant to the potential permanent harm he could have inflicted on himself or others.
If he doesn’t understand his good fortune than the likelihood of repeating increase drastically.

C'mon hes 19 and in college and made a bad mistake and is paying for it. I seen and did worse in college. I didn't need the morality police coming around telling "cars kill people" and neither does he.

Reaction Score
Sadly, we haven't been doing things big time around here since Lew Perkins left.

Heard he may be back for Florida but if they drag this out into December we'll be digging our own grave.

Well Mwill had to sit out until December for the case of the stolen laptops. From ESPN,

"Williams, 19, a junior point guard granted accelerated
rehabilitation after being charged with four counts of third-degree
larceny, will be allowed to return to the team in December."

I suspect he will be back December 1st for the Maine game if he is granted accelerated program like MWill was.

Reaction Score
Jesus. Not till December ? Hope this is wrong. Missing the scrimmage, exhibition and first two games isn’t enough? I mean his name was everywhere, he’s gotta deal with the school, the authorities, his family and hurley plus he won’t be able to breathe sideways the rest of his UConn career. -now he’s going to miss all the important November games as well? But he was allowed to be a part of first night? Doesn’t add up. Overdoing it , IMO

Reaction Score
When I take off my blue and white glasses, I think anything up to and including a full year suspension would be fair given the transgression.

However, I can't see without my glasses, so 1 game should do the trick! :cool:

Reaction Score
When I take off my blue and white glasses, I think anything up to and including a full year suspension would be fair given the transgression.

However, I can't see without my glasses, so 1 game should do the trick! :cool:
Getting this kid on the court as soon as possible and winning some big games will help the culture as much as disciplining him. Keep his mind on the court, not on the outside stuff.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
Trying to maintain some sort of moral high ground in the cesspool that is college basketball is a sucker's play. Sure way to have a crappy team you can feel good about.
You're definitely a lawyer.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Getting this kid on the court as soon as possible and winning some big games will help the culture as much as disciplining him. Keep his mind on the court, not on the outside stuff.
What about keeping his mind on his school work also?
This is the problem with big-time student athletics - For the most part, some athletes and many of the fans seem to look away from the education aspect and only think about wins and losses or how fast they can get into The League.
Yes I'm preaching but it's a peeve of mine and something I stressed for years to all my players who were of college entry age - even if you suffer a career ending injury you still can get an education and most schools won't compromise their scholarships accordingly.
If UConn can't win the "big games" without Bouk or any current Husky then it wasn't meant to be
I do want the kid to come back ASAP but due to the array of offenses, a quick slap on the wrist is not appropriate.

Reaction Score
Takes longer than month to complete the drug/alchohol classes he most likely is going to have to take as part of applying for AR

I have no inside info here, but AR usually requires a 10 week long drug and alcohol class.

Reaction Score
I just hope Hurley does what he feels is appropriate whether its a 1 game suspension or several. The Jeff Jacobs article recently already tried to to make sure Bouknight wouldn't play in Florida game as if he should have some type of influence on it. Yup, the same writers that will criticize UConn's talent level when they lose will try to make sure the most talented of the players get long suspensions when they mess up.

From my understanding Bouknight doesn't need a long suspension to "learn his lesson." He has already been punished and he feels like crap about what he did. But there are program standards that Hurley takes seriously, as he should, and are part of the culture he has built so Bouknight will obviously miss games because of that. I just don't think Hurley should be pressured by anyone from the outside to be excessive.

Reaction Score
This is the problem with big-time student athletics - For the most part, some athletes and many of the fans seem to look away from the education aspect and only think about wins and losses or how fast they can get into The League.

There is no "education aspect[.]" The only reason the phrase "student athlete" exists is so schools didn't have to pay disability or acknowledge that these are, for all intents and purposes, employees.

Emeka Okafors happen in spite of the model, not because of it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom