Bouknight applies for rebab program to drop charges | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bouknight applies for rebab program to drop charges

Reaction Score
God I hope he can suit up and play for Florida game at gampel. That wud be a great experience.
We could really use his speed inside and outside of the lane. Heard he can evade nicely while under pressure.

Reaction Score
Accelerated Rehabilitation is a much better scenario than a quick misinterpreted reaction to the “rehab” in the message thread heading.

Good luck to James bouncing back from his actions, staying on the straight and narrow, and great success with UConn and beyond.

Reaction Score
other things being the same, I suppose we'll find if the DA and judge are UConn fans. Not to mention the 'girl's future social status.

C

Chief00

I agree with this. Also, remember that the incident happened weeks before the public comments about it. If James had been anything but remorseful and smart about the way he was handling it all, the coach’s comments (basically, you screwed up big time and your actions impact all of us but we still love you) and approach would have been very different.

Some people like to get all vengeful and demand their pound of flesh, but that’s not always beneficial and how it should actually work.
Assuming James is a first time offender, the standard remedy is accelerated rehabilitation. He should quickly address his community service and/or financial requirement and quickly start a clean path ahead, which includes playing basketball.

Reaction Score
other things being the same, I suppose we'll find if the DA and judge are UConn fans. Not to mention the 'girl's future social status.
What does 'the girl's future social status' mean or have anything to do with this?

Hopefully the courts, Hurley and the university will come up with a just consequrnce.

Reaction Score
What does 'the girl's future social status' mean or have anything to do with this?

Hopefully the courts, Hurley and the university will come up with a just consequrnce.

Hard to say what would make the young woman more popular, protecting the basketball program or fighting toxic mascuinity. I wouldn't like my fate in the hands of a college coed. Let's just hope she tells the truth and we move on from there.

Reaction Score
Hard to say what would make the young woman more popular, protecting the basketball program or fighting toxic mascuinity. I wouldn't like my fate in the hands of a college coed. Let's just hope she tells the truth and we move on from there.
Wow, this is a blast from the past. Back in the day, during Calhoun's time, there was a young Indian woman, a student or grad student who hung out with the team. IIRC it was during the Ray and Donyell years. Anyone else remember this who was on campus at the time? Chief???

Reaction Score
Bouknight will be a model citizen for his entire time at UConn from here on out is my guess. He is simply too talented and bright to not live up to his potential. While I am disappointed this happened, he will certainly overcome this.
Well one thing has nothing to do with the other but let’s hope you are right

Reaction Score
I know the real story now and all I'll say is that James got hit with the kind of karma that is inevitable when a guy tries to play a girl with another girl. Most of us have been there and no matter what you will always get caught somehow...
He is remorseful, he will learn and should have a good season.

Reaction Score
It's not about either, but she has changed her mind on this already. My hope if that whoever is judging James gives him the benefit of the doubt. Because where the use of the car is concerned, there is certainly some doubt.

The driving into a stop sign, driving without a license and fleeing the scene we know for sure. He may or may not have had permission to use the car. Seems the court side of things is heading in the right direction.
No, there isn't doubt about the car. He isn't charged with any sort of vehicle larceny.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
This will be DH's first real tough decision involving one of his student athletes - let's see how he determines the proper penalty based upon the incident
This is very different from the JA scooter incident based on the series of accusations and how they would get handled in the non-athlete/celebrity world. I am not one to say whether the authorities piled on with the charges but there were several and all were rather serious in nature
Hate to say this but it is reality that in cases involving most anyone with a degree of celebrity will be looked at in a different lens.
Yes JB said the right things after the fact but he needs to feel realistic punitive reaction from his coach. My hope is that the administration allows DH handle this without their recommendations but I don't think that will happen.
I hope he receives AR, recovers quickly, plays as soon as possible and has a fantastic career at UConn and beyond
He is young and he will get past this - hopefully grow in several areas.
Kind of interesting set of circumstances. If the law (which actually regulates the campus under the state) gives him probation I question why he needs to be additionally punished by the university and the coach. I am thinking he is quite embarrassed by this and would potentially have charges hanging over his head for a period of time. The potential for legal charges hanging over your head is a serious thing for life. Having game suspensions and thereby punishing the team and fans to make a point on top of the legal implications seems to me over the top. I am guessing at a minimum he will have to address his team and coach about what he has done and make amends in a positive way.

Reaction Score
I think Marcus Watson has plenty to worry about with this "fate in the hands.." theory.

Reaction Score

I take it you don't get the undercurrents?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Because JB asked for a program that is available to first offenders?

Reaction Score
Speaking of special talent.

Game changer

View attachment 47533
Does the real one look the the fake one pictured? Most companies use a fake depiction of their food in ads. If it looks anything like that I bet it is great. Have you had one? I may have to find an Arby's...UGH!

Game Changer? Do you mean quicker route to heart disease, obesity and diabetes?? LOL

Reaction Score
Is there a chance he already did everything he had to do over the last month or so? We just found out but the incident occurred in September. It’s quiet, not sure if it’s a good quiet or a bad quiet.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom