Bouknight applies for rebab program to drop charges | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Bouknight applies for rebab program to drop charges

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Let's look at all of the facts in conjuction:

1) He was at a party where people were drinking, apparently some so much that the girl who apparently lent him the car blacked out and doesn't remember it
2) He subsequently crashed the car
3) The officer who arrived claimed to have smelled alcohol on his breath (would have been a clever lie, since he didn't know yet that Bouknight had been at the party)
4) Bouknight proceeded to run away from the cop.

Sure, it's possible that these are all coincidences, and Bouknight wasn't drinking. But does that seem like the most likely explanation?
Assumes facts not in evidence.

If you are going to go down this road, at least do it well.

Reaction Score
Assumes facts not in evidence.

If you are going to go down this road, at least do it well.

Which facts have I assumed? Everything there has been reported.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

1) He was at a party where people were drinking, apparently some so much that the girl who apparently lent him the car blacked out and doesn't remember it
3) The officer who arrived claimed to have smelled alcohol on his breath (would have been a clever lie, since he didn't know yet that Bouknight had been at the party)

Sure, it's possible that these are all coincidences, and Bouknight wasn't drinking. But does that seem like the most likely explanation?
This is what I'm saying, it doesn't take a genius to figure out what he was doing that night.

Reaction Score
This is what I'm saying, it doesn't take a genius to figure out what he was doing that night.

Nowhere in the report does it say he smelled alcohol “on his breathe”. Again you can assume and cast judgement based on your assumptions all you want. But it does no one any good and it’s just a bad look

Reaction Score
Nowhere in the report does it say he smelled alcohol “on his breathe”. Again you can assume and cast judgement based on your assumptions all you want. But it does no one any good and it’s just a bad look

Courant
Some details of the arrest were released Tuesday, but the warrant showed that the officer who stopped the 19-year-old freshman at Royce Circle and Wilbur Cross Way, said he “detected an odor of alcoholic beverage emitting from Bouknight.”

If you're quibbling on breath vs. from in general, I think you're being extra obtuse. Alcohol isn't smoked. It's not just in the air. You don't smell like alcohol without drinking unless it is somehow directly splashed/spilled on you. Now you can choose not to believe the police officer on the whole, but that's what's in the report.

Reaction Score
Courant

If you're quibbling on breath vs. from in general, I think you're being extra obtuse. Alcohol isn't smoked. It's not just in the air. You don't smell like alcohol without drinking unless it is somehow directly splashed/spilled on you. Now you can choose not to believe the police officer on the whole, but that's what's in the report.
I’m not “choosing” to believe anything. Alcohol on “breathe” is completely different than smelling alcohol “on someone”. If alcohol was even spilled in the car the smell could get on him. I’m taking the officer at his word. He didn’t say he smelled alcohol on his “breathe”. And saying he did is sensationalizing the situation to fit your narrative. The point is we have ZERO idea wether he was intoxicated or not. He wasn’t charged with a DUI. Insinuating otherwise is not productive. Again y’all make all the assumptions y’all want. But again it’s a bad look imo. Judging what his punishment should be based on unfounded accusations is not a fair practice. But if that’s your prerogative, have at it.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Judging what his punishment should be based on unfounded accusations is not a fair practice. But if that’s your prerogative, have at it.

I agree with this for sure, but we should also keep in mind that there may be more information about the situation that Hurley may have. So judging the punishment as "too harsh" when it comes out also isn't fair (unless it's a full season suspension or something like that).

CL82

Reaction Score
Which facts have I assumed? Everything there has been reported.
Actually not so much. PM me if you are curious and I will walk you through it.

Reaction Score
Why are we still determining what happened? It's pretty obvious and a few on here have more details than the rest. Bottom line is he is in trouble for speeding, crashing, driving w/o a license and fleeing from the scene/ cops. That's bad enough to warrant a lengthy suspension of however many games DH and school decide. 4-8 games.

Girls can cause college guys to do dumb things.

Reaction Score
Regardless of what people think actually happened, he’s not being charged with anything alcohol related. I don’t see the point of the endless bickering here.

It's the Boneyard, I thought endless bickering WAS the point

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
I have no inside info here, but AR usually requires a 10 week long drug and alcohol class.
Don't necessarily see what this might have to do with a suspension. He can't drive now anyway except to a basket right?

Reaction Score
I’m not “choosing” to believe anything. Alcohol on “breathe” is completely different than smelling alcohol “on someone”. If alcohol was even spilled in the car the smell could get on him. I’m taking the officer at his word. He didn’t say he smelled alcohol on his “breathe”. And saying he did is sensationalizing the situation to fit your narrative. The point is we have ZERO idea wether he was intoxicated or not. He wasn’t charged with a DUI. Insinuating otherwise is not productive. Again y’all make all the assumptions y’all want. But again it’s a bad look imo. Judging what his punishment should be based on unfounded accusations is not a fair practice. But if that’s your prerogative, have at it.

Yeah, because sober people run from the cops all the time!

Reaction Score
Who cares if he was drinking when he 'borrowed' someone's car without their knowledge, sped, crashed it and then fled police?

He's taking responsibility. He's doing all the right things. He's a good kid who made a mistake. But he still made a mistake. And it might not be fair, but the UConn men's team might be the most public facing entity in the entire state so yeah - a kid is going to be held to a pretty high standard when it comes to his behavior relative to others.

And it's 100% Hurley and the AD's business if they want to suspend him for two whole basketball games (maybe a few more).

I mean check in with your average car 'borrower' who sped, crashed the car and fled from police and ask them if they'd take sitting courtside for a few D1 basketball games and taking a two week course was a good enough punishment, i'm pretty sure they'd all be fine with that.

So I'm looking forward to him getting back on the court, but instead of crying about the perceived injustice of it all, applaud the kid for ultimately taking responsibility for his actions instead of trying to technicality himself out of trouble. He's doing the right thing and will be better for it. Good on him for making things right. I'm excited to see him get on the court.

Reaction Score
Yeah, because sober people run from the cops all the time!
Of course they do...you're really posting some dumb stuff.

All this is pretty pointless, we have posters on here who think he's an alcoholic car thief. The reality of the situation is he isn't charged with drunk driving or any sort of larceny.

Reaction Score

All this is pretty pointless, we have posters on here who think he's an alcoholic car thief. The reality of the situation is he isn't charged with drunk driving or any sort of larceny.

you’re innocent until proven guilty. Kid didn’t do anything in my eyes.

Reaction Score

He ran from the cops and smelled like alcohol and you think he was sober? Come on! Can we call like it is just one time on this forum?

Reactions: pj

CL82

Reaction Score
Not after I crashed a car after drinking at 18 years old.
Well I hope you've cleaned up your act since then.

Reaction Score
He ran from the cops and smelled like alcohol and you think he was sober? Come on! Can we call like it is just one time on this forum?

Love to see how he is with his kids, assuming he has kids. Son comes home smells like alcohol, car wrapped around tree out front, car isn't his, son runs from parents. Austin 316 explains to his wife.....I don't see any proof of wrongdoing here!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Love to see how he is with his kids, assuming he has kids. Son comes home smells like alcohol, car wrapped around tree out front, car isn't his, son runs from parents. Austin 316 explains to his wife.....I don't see any proof of wrongdoing here!

The important conflating factor is, son is a top rated basketball star about to go on scholarship at a D1 university. Smart dad is like....this is has to go under the table stat.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom