Bouknight applies for rebab program to drop charges | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Bouknight applies for rebab program to drop charges

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
"And it might not be fair, but the UConn men's team might be the most public facing entity in the entire state so yeah - a kid is going to be held to a pretty high standard when it comes to his behavior relative to others".

In other words equal justice is not on display here but the powers that be want to make an example of him to perpetuate some kind of mythical moral status to student athletes that other students might not be for the sake of some kind of image the university is selling. Seems kind of hypocritical to me. I think that the legal playout of this and possibly the team standards (Hurley standards) is enough. Just my opinion.

Reaction Score
Trying to maintain some sort of moral high ground in the cesspool that is college basketball is a sucker's play. Sure way to have a crappy team you can feel good about.
Really it comes down to this: why should BigErn have to suffer because Bouknight was an ass? Is that fair? No way.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Whether he was drunk, drinking or just in a car that smelled like alcohol is something none of us will know for sure.
What we do know is that he was driving a car that was not his, the owner doesn't remember if she let him have it or not, the car hit a sign, the police stopped the driver and the scent of alcohol was sensed, the driver ran away from police.
There is enough there for anyone to be facing some stiff ramifications.
To accuse him of being drunk without proof is ridiculous
To say he is innocent until proven guilty and thus has done nothing wrong is beyond ridiculous

He obviously did something or there would be no story.

IF it was a JA scooter like incident he would be back on the team as a regular contributor

Doesn't look like we will see him until after the team returns from Charleston at the earliest and I hope that is the latest time frame (as I am writing this the news came out that he is suspended 3 games) - the kid needs to get his life back in order - concentrate on his studies, thank the Lord no one was hurt due to his actions and lastly, be a contributor to the basketball team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104
Top Bottom