Borges: UConn not done recruiting 2019 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Borges: UConn not done recruiting 2019

Reaction Score
Is Noah Collier eligible?

equally important- are noah, richie, and cliff the only 2020 bigs that have actually taken a visit thus far?

assuming it's gotta be one of them... i'd happily take cliff and richie this year. but i'd rather save the scholly for next year than take noah

noah seems like a polley clone...too small to play PF yet too slow to play SF, especially in or against three guard lineups

Last edited:
C

Chief00

Springs #6. hurley really likes guys that grab offensive boards. he's offered about 1/3 of the guys on this list so far

Correct - that’s what Chief has been saying. Danny likes guys who help you win. Leave the First Night stuff to others.

Reaction Score
Honestly, as far as dumping on Chief is concerned, this thread actually feels below average for the BY.
Chief is a big boy, he can take it. It part of the fun. It gets him going and keeps the yard full of life during down times. Chief thrives under criticism. My hope is that he makes public the private dm's he sends. How does one get on the guest list anyway?

C

Chief00

An example of perseverance but if Meek did not have $’s to fight this he would be just like a lot of other dudes.
5E304B7F-6ECE-4AA4-85D6-F97203B73F38.jpeg

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
hmmm what floor were your busby friends on? I know a lot of Busby people from 2013.
I want to say 2 and 3. I was 4th/top floor of Hough. Sadly I can’t remember any of my room numbers from UConn already, let alone my friends.

Reaction Score
Springs is a kid Chief likes. Good guy to have on a team type dude. Don’t overthink or look at star rating.
The other kids like playing with him because he is willing to do the unglamorous little things that good teammates do. I get it, he will never be the poster boy of the First Night crowd and that’s just fine with Chief.
I have always emphasized he’s a good guy to have on a team. Hurley will recruit shooters but as we have had in past glory years, we need guys to play other roles too.
Correct - that’s what Chief has been saying. Danny likes guys who help you win. Leave the First Night stuff to others.

these are the kind of posts @Chief00 will point to as proof he knew springs was reclassifying (if it turns out to be him)

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Hinted at it, but this is from early July:
One reason the pace can go slowly now is because Omoruyi will stay in the Class of 2020. Olivier had hinted in April that a reclassification could possibly happen. The youngster is an outstanding student and only needed a small amount on classes to qualify for the move. Despite that, his guardian said the decision has been made to stay where he is at, thus slowing down the recruiting process somewhat.

"He's staying 2020, just because basketball wise he could use another year just to solidify who he is and get better. Academically he has taken care of everything, but he is staying 2020 though, " Mr. Olivier informed us.

It’s so fascinating that guys will stay in hs an extra year when age (younger) is one of the best correlations of success in nba draft picks.

It’s also one less year getting paid.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
It’s so fascinating that guys will stay in hs an extra year when age (younger) is one of the best correlations of success in nba draft picks.

Most of these guys will never play in the NBA. Their best chance is to perform well in hs as an older player. They can pick up a better offer and land at a better program. Then they can develop down the road.

These one and done guys are few and far between...and a lot of them don't pan out.

Reaction Score
There is one about Cliff as well...I don't care but I'd take either.
I gather the dude is weirding out again. I don’t know cause I ignore him.
If any of these bigs come to visit would someone please treat this guy to a round of miniature golf followed with a root beer float?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Last edited:

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
chief's posts about cliff don't seem to contain any coded messages... altho the first post does say 2019/2020...
Well he said this...

"If you listen to these posters, Chief totally alienated Cliff rather than having some fun and here we are - LOL"

here we are...seems to imply that he isn't alienated and could be on his way. It's vague but he could be hinting or anything really. just putting that out there

Reaction Score

Most of these guys will never play in the NBA. Their best chance is to perform well in hs as an older player. They can pick up a better offer and land at a better program. Then they can develop down the road.

These one and done guys are few and far between...and a lot of them don't pan out.

Yeah HS evaluation, ratings, etc. are at odds with NBA draft evaluation.

It's pretty clear for both the NFL and NBA that college "breakout age" is basically the most important indicator for future prospect success, followed by athletic testing SPARQ-esque stuff weighted by size, and then more specific sport/position skill stuff.

But HS recruiting rankers evaluate present day players with less regard for future development. There's some thought given to size/athleticism if a player is raw, but age is very rarely taken into account. Individual coaches probably do, but the big sites less so.

Reaction Score
Which of the bigs that we’re on have discussed/could reclassify? Cliff and Springs we know. Any others?

Some people are worried about reaching here. The staff won’t reach. We’ve all heard about the recruiting uptick since the big east news. Hurley has said year 3 should be our big jump as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom