Borges: UConn not done recruiting 2019 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Borges: UConn not done recruiting 2019

Reaction Score
It’s not Springs. He just transferred to Brewster.

that doesn't seem like a bridge too far. it's still the middle of summer break whereas akok dropped out of highschool mid year to join the ranks

Reaction Score
I agree. Springs would bring a different dimension to the 4/5 position with his athleticism paired with his strength/rebounding/low post game and would allow guys like Polley and Sid to play more 3. Plus, he loves UConn. Good 4-year "program" guy.
Agreed on everything but Polley. Him at the 3 will be a disaster, he'd get burned by even the mediocre 3's in the AAC.

Springs would definitely be useful in having here, even if it's a wait and see situation where he just practices/redshirts unless there's injuries and he's needed

Reaction Score
I agree. Springs would bring a different dimension to the 4/5 position with his athleticism paired with his strength/rebounding/low post game and would allow guys like Polley and Sid to play more 3. Plus, he loves UConn. Good 4-year "program" guy.
He’s not that athletic

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Anyone know why Spring’s rank history has trended down over time?

Reaction Score
Anyone know why Spring’s rank history has trended down over time?
He had a bad April and fell out of the ESPN 100, and since you’re either top 100 or unranked on ESPN, falling out of the top 100 really hurts your composite ranking.

He averaged 13/13/1.4 BLK at Peach Jam. Definitely not the most consistent player, sometimes doesn’t look too athletic, but then next thing you know he’s grabbing 15 boards and throwing down haymakers like this https://twitter.com/slam_hs/status/1153784144981192704?s=21

C

Chief00

At the bottom of the article it said UConn is not looking for another high level OCC game - the OOC schedule is good enough despite only really having one good OOC home game (Florida)
Now with seat donations combined with ticket costs bringing many seats in excess of $100 a game - why don’t these business clowns understand that they need to do the Home OOC segment slice and judge it’s appeal? Paying $100 a seat for NJIT and Maine etc without an appealing offset brings you to one of the reasons their home attendance and hence gate revenue has declined.

Reaction Score
At the bottom of the article it said UConn is not looking for another high level OCC game - the OOC schedule is good enough despite only really having one good OOC home game (Florida)
Now with seat donations combined with ticket costs bringing many seats in excess of $100 a game - why don’t these business clowns understand that they need to do the Home OOC segment slice and judge it’s appeal? Paying $100 a seat for NJIT and Maine etc without an appealing offset brings you to one of the reasons their home attendance and hence gate revenue has declined.

Also the AAC

;)

Reaction Score
From what I can see kids has a knack for rebounding and thats something we have been missing for a while now.

Reaction Score
They don't care anymore. The Big East will sell more tickets down the road.

Reaction Score
He had a bad April and fell out of the ESPN 100, and since you’re either top 100 or unranked on ESPN, falling out of the top 100 really hurts your composite ranking.

He averaged 13/13/1.4 BLK at Peach Jam. Definitely not the most consistent player, sometimes doesn’t look too athletic, but then next thing you know he’s grabbing 15 boards and throwing down haymakers like this https://twitter.com/slam_hs/status/1153784144981192704?s=21

247 dropped him 45 spots on 6/15/19, this was after he was one of the breakout players at the Dallas EYBL event.

Reaction Score
Awesome name @BusbySuites !!!
lol I couldn't think of anything better than where I lived last year

Side note, dont think it be worth wasting a scholarship on Springs, good player but not great. Call me optimistic but Hurley and staff are excellent recruiters I think the waiting game will pan out better. This isnt our year going back to Big East in 2 with our best player (imo Rique) will be heading into his senior season that'll be our breakout, we have a history doing well when our star players are senior guards too;)

Reaction Score
lol I couldn't think of anything better than where I lived last year

Side note, dont think it be worth wasting a scholarship on Springs, good player but not great. Call me optimistic but Hurley and staff are excellent recruiters I think the waiting game will pan out better. This isnt our year going back to Big East in 2 with our best player (imo Rique) will be heading into his senior season that'll be our breakout, we have a history doing well when our star players are senior guards too;)

I lived there a long time ago lol

Reaction Score
list of 2020 big men we've offered that are still available (taken from the Big East Offer Tracker)

it has to be one of the 3 guys that's already visited:

John Hugley
Elijah Taylor
Isaiah Jackson
Noah Collier- visited
Lance Ware
Richie Springs- visited
Mark Williams
Justice Ajogbor
Dylan Cardwell
Josh Gray
Cliff Omoruyi- visited- not on list for some reason