Boneyard inception? | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Boneyard inception?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
What happened to UCONNHenry???

After Henry had been gone for some time from the board, I thought about it and had his email from the Mafia games. I sent him one to see if he was okay and he wrote he was taking a break from the board. Got to say this has been a very long break. The good news was that he apparently was in good health. He did get under a lot of the women's team Boneyarders' skin with one of his April Fools posts (forget what it was...Nan probably remembers).

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Prankster, didn't your team used to have DogFather and UConnHenry? All-time worst team ever if so. Which one killed the poor squirrel or what ever? Also, the teams coming up on 18 would sometimes be attacked with canon fire when lining up their final putts.

Henry and I teamed up for a couple of BYCs. Dukefather was never part of our foursome. I think he played on Nuzzi'e team.

I believe he was responsible for the slaying of the tree rat. And, on the 18th....I never fired the cannon. (it is not too difficult to persuade others...)

Reaction Score
After Henry had been gone for some time from the board, I thought about it and had his email from the Mafia games. I sent him one to see if he was okay and he wrote he was taking a break from the board. Got to say this has been a very long break. The good news was that he apparently was in good health. He did get under a lot of the women's team Boneyarders' skin with one of his April Fools posts (forget what it was...Nan probably remembers).

I last saw him at a game at the Rent....I was walking down to our seats and I hear "Man...they let ANYBODY in this place"....it was Henry....That was probably 4 years ago....

Reaction Score
My boneyard story:
I'd been lurking the board since '98 or so. My 8 year old daughter got into figure skating, and we started taking lessons around 2000 at the rink in Simsbury. Occasionally, after lessons we'd head across the street to have some pizza. Sometimes accompanied by a dude named Steve and his lovely skater daughter Jillian. After dinner we head to the parking lot, and there on his car is a sticker that reads 77-74.

Wait.

Introducing Aussie Cuz. We've been Husky buddies since.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
If you can turn them into pdf's, I'll up.oad them to the server.

If anyone is interested, I still have the word document with all the articles compiled from the 1999 title run. For those who are new to this place, it's like 80 pages of every article I could find for the UConn run in the NCAA tourney that year.

If there is enough interest, I could email it to someone where you could host it, then we'd click a link and download it.

Reaction Score
In retrospect, i think that is exactly the same way i eventually made it to the Boneyard and right about the same time. I really enjoyed McD's site and was very happy to find the Boneyard. Hard to believe that was 15 years ago. I was a dapper, skinny 30 year old back then.

Ditto for me, almost exactly, I came here looking for recruiting updates and husky info, didn't realize exactly what I had found, I've been her ever since. following the yard for me has been a daily ritual, I feel like I know most of but only be reading your posts. I've never met any of you except I'm fairly certain i know Ruff Ruff. I also think I work at the same place as SuzyQ, or at least i did. I rarely post but have read almost everything on here. Hard to believe just how long it's been.

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
The first one was at Stanley in New Britain when i first met you guys.....lol......the infamous "bunker"!!! oh the days.........then the cigars, Red Stripes, 5 iron off the tee.........needs to happen again!!
Yes, that bunker. Oh, yes.
One of my favorite moments was nearly hitting Essex Ed on the head with a ginty shot.

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
Henry and I teamed up for a couple of BYCs. Dukefather was never part of our foursome. I think he played on Nuzzi'e team.

I believe he was responsible for the slaying of the tree rat. And, on the 18th....I never fired the cannon. (it is not too difficult to persuade others...)
You fired that damned cannon. I saw you. And heard you. My nerves have been shot since.

Reaction Score
Dogfather was on the Dog Team. So were Dogbreath I think, Dogmother, Chuck whose dog name I don't recall, Doghouse maybe?. Team Nuzzi was Nuz, Me, Cuz, and Pat (Before CTO lured her away with fancy colored coordinated golf shirts) and later McD.

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
The original Team Fishy incarnation was to have been Fishy, me, Deepster and somebody named DDNZ. He didn't show up, so we played as a threesome. At the ensuing fall BYC we took on Brother Mau, and the rest was history.
Team Fishy--it was, and shall ever be, a state of mind.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
You fired that damned cannon. I saw you. And heard you. My nerves have been shot since.

Not on the 18th, swami....no need.

I have usually destroyed your nerves before the back 9.

Reaction Score
The original Team Fishy incarnation was to have been Fishy, me, Deepster and somebody named DDNZ. He didn't show up, so we played as a threesome. At the ensuing fall BYC we took on Brother Mau, and the rest was history.
Team Fishy--it was, and shall ever be, a state of mind.

I met and hung out with DDNZ at many a Big East tourney. Great guy.

I also hung out with bOOG a lot too and one tourney he had the hottest little piece on his arm. I have the feeling that was run of the mill for him though.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
1. Nobody is worse at golf than I am, with the possible exception of Henry. So, that whole "awful at golf" thing doesn't cut any mustard around here....

2. Next time around....we need someone who actually plays the stupid game to take the reins....there are semi-competent people who can and will provide support.

3. Absolutely no reason for it not to happen this year.... (It is a BIG DEAL to host such a renown event....I am surprised that Ray Allen doesn't have Willimantic CC soliciting to get it!)

If Rabid posts that he'll take on the next BYC then it is surely doomed.

Reaction Score
Yes, that bunker. Oh, yes.
One of my favorite moments was nearly hitting Essex Ed on the head with a ginty shot.

Oh yes the Ginty........

"swami what are you hitting from 150 on this Par3?..." - "A Ginty brother mau....."..............

"swami what are you hitting from the fairway on this par4 from 180?" ....."but of course a Ginty brother mau......"

Took me a couple holes but I finally realized your go-to club LOL

Reaction Score
I want to send thanks out to JeffK. In the late 90's I was trying to engage in reasonable discourse on an AOL UConn bulletin board that was getting overrun with idiotic SJU fans when he suggested I check out The Boneyard. One try and I never went back to the AOL board. I think I was supermaup or cmaup back then and used to post a lot more. I played in the first BYC with Dogdeacon who is still around and JeffG, not sure what happened to him. It was indeed an entertaining bunch.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
If we're bringing up boneyard lore, you have to mention the 'Love Potion' thread. One of the funniest ever on the boneyard.

For those who weren't around, someone made a post looking for a boneyarder with law experience to help him get some of his money back from buying a love potion to lure the woman of his dreams and it didn't work. He was out something like $5,000 if I recall correctly. The responses were incredible but his dead pan serious responses to those were classic. I remember responding and just having tears rolling down my cheeks I was laughing so hard at the entire thread.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Oh - one more I have to bring up is 'fort he head!' or something close to that.

One of the regular old timers was in the chat room and posted that during a game when someone hit a shot to finally put us in the lead (for the lead) of a game I think we should have handled easily from the beginning. It was used for years on a regular basis. It's become less frequent but you see it from time to time now.

We shan't be mentioning Colorado.

Reaction Score
First time I stumbled on the boneyard was using my WebTv receiver. Didn't bookmark the site and couldn't find it again until I got my first PC and did a search for UConn football. It led me to a thread on pre rivals board with Palatine and I think Calichic going back and forth. I couldn't believe I stumbled upon an entire community of UConn sports fans. It was surreal to be perfectly honest.

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score
Oh yes the Ginty........

"swami what are you hitting from 150 on this Par3?..." - "A Ginty brother mau....."..............

"swami what are you hitting from the fairway on this par4 from 180?" ....."but of course a Ginty brother mau......"

Took me a couple holes but I finally realized your go-to club LOL

The Ginty is my elixir. Don't mess with the Ginty.

swami7774

I know things.
Reaction Score

One of the regular old timers was in the chat room and posted that during a game when someone hit a shot to finally put us in the lead (for the lead) of a game I think we should have handled easily from the beginning. It was used for years on a regular basis. It's become less frequent but you see it from time to time now.

"Fort the Ead!"

Reaction Score
LOL.....first time Dogmania and I actually met was at the Federal Cafe before a HCC game. I had emailed him earlier that it felt sorta strange, kinda like a first date. He wrote back, "when we meet, just a handshake will do, OK?"
I completely forgot about that. It's been a long time since that day we met. Did we keep it to a handshake? Kidding!!! :)

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score

I don't remember the poster but I believe "fort the ead!" was in response to a huge Ben Gordon 3 pointer. Don't remember the game either.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I don't remember the poster but I believe "fort the ead!" was in response to a huge Ben Gordon 3 pointer. Don't remember the game either.
RichZ? The chat room on the rivals board during games was fantastic. I think I found the Yard (the private site version pre-rivals, with the slogan about "bring me your miller lite swilling bastards" or something like that on the top. I think Syracuse had their dopey site directly affiliated at that point. It may have been around 2001?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom