Boneyard inception? | The Boneyard

Boneyard inception?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've been lurking here for, I believe, 15 or 16 years, though I don't recall the exact year. I know I was here for Tropicana Field, but can't recall exactly how long prior to that. I may have posted once or twice over that span, but never became a regular contributor, sheerly out of fear/absence of self-esteem. This can be a tough crowd depending how you initially land. Regardless...I know someone can answer this question: When was The Boneyard officially launched? Exact date or thereabouts...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I've been lurking here for, I believe, 15 or 16 years, though I don't recall the exact year. I know I was here for Tropicana Field, but can't recall exactly how long prior to that. I may have posted once or twice over that span, but never became a regular contributor, sheerly out of fear/absence of self-esteem. This can be a tough crowd depending how you initially land. Regardless...I know someone can answer this question: When was The Boneyard officially launched? Exact date or thereabouts...

What an awful first post. You should have stayed lurking. Probably the first UConn game you ever watched was that 99 game.

Welcome aboard.

Reaction Score
Sometime around 95-96 is the first version of the board I remember.

Reaction Score
It was originally a Hartford Courant messageboard, frequented by the original 13 colonies (Fishy, Tom, Deep, Suzy, Kras, Biff, Jeff, Snowball, and Prickly Pete). Then they branched off and formed their own perfect union, and other internet denizens soon flocked in, drawn by the grand experiment of the Boneyard's teeming shores, yearning to breathe free, and collectively hyperventilate from panic after narrow wins over Marathon Oil.

We've been nomads ever since, like locusts, sucking the resources out of major web servers until moving on to new ones.

Perhaps we have lacked the grit and pluck of syracusefan.com, but we've done okay for ourselves.

Reaction Score
Lurking for 15-16 years is definitely creepy but welcome aboard Beaner!! My advice is to start posting and you will find the crowd isn't tough on fellow UConn fans. Just watch out for Fishy when it's that special time of the month..Welcome Beaner!

temery

What?
Reaction Score
B2262809-70CE-4D14-A5D5-BFD24B82CEC2.gif

I started in august of ' 98, Stuart Levine and Frank D'Angelo started and ran the 'yard for a year or two before then.

Before that, it was husky howl, and a few other boards the fans kinda too over.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I started in august of ' 98, Stuart Levine and Frank D'Angelo started and ran the 'yard for a year or two before then.

Before that, it was husky howl, and a few other boards we kinda too over.

88 or 98? I started in college in 1988, and back then, we still got all of our from discreetly labeled VCR tapes.

Should say ' 98.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score

You've been around longer than nearly all of us, so screw em/us. Whaler did a good job giving a playful jab of welcome. Hope you join in!

Reaction Score
Not to hijack this, but it got me thinking of old time yarders.

Does anyone know if EssexEd is still alive? I loved that guy and hope he is well.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
On any random night I enter the chat room just to see if he is sitting in there. It's been a long time. zymurg last emailed me about a year ago.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Not to hijack this, but it got me thinking of old time yarders.

Does anyone know if EssexEd is still alive? I loved that guy and hope he is well.
Pretty sure Gurleyman is EssexEd if I remember correctly.

Where is Rutgers Al?

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away ...

or

20 minutes....

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
What ever became of "The All Knowing Visitor From the South"?

And.... come to think off it, when does Beakumhawks get out of prison?

Reaction Score
What ever became of "The All Knowing Visitor From the South"?

And.... come to think off it, when does Beakumhawks get out of prison?

Ahhhh, Beak. Our mentally challenged half-breed brother from the South. I don't miss him one bit. ;)

(Edit: R e t a r d hits the profanity filter? Jeez, bring back Profanity Friday or something....)
( RIP Bucky)

Reaction Score
I didn't hear about the boneyard until I moved out of CT in '97, but I've followed them through their various iterations since. I don't post much though. I was, however, in the chat room when "fort the ead" became the rallying cry.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
On any random night I enter the chat room just to see if he is sitting in there. It's been a long time. zymurg last emailed me about a year ago.
He's one of your Facebook friends. :)

I want to know where UconnHenry is.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
I thought Gurleyman was nyhuskyfan.
Whatever happened to lark? One of the best posters over the many years I lurked here.
I believe you are correct and I'm mixing up the old timers....

Reaction Score
Pretty much all of the BY's major names showed up for the BYC's of past and it was a pleasure meeting everyone. Hopefully a reunion of sorts on a golf course nearest to you will happen in the future!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom