Blake Harris | Page 14 | The Boneyard

Blake Harris

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
Because it's incredibly rare for that to happen, right? Kids never follow coaches.

We get it, you're in love with this staff. Others aren't. It's cool. We can all have our opinions.

It's just incredibly dumb for you to think that it's as easy as "come to this school now." I forgot you are an experienced recruiter.

Reaction Score
When did I say I wanted both?

I liked Miller. Miller was fired. Fine. I can think that was a mistake. That's just my opinion.

Chill was hired. I can still want him to succeed even though I thought Miller shouldn't have been let go for Chill.

The two aren't mutually exclusive.
Maybe I misinterpreted your original post when you said you wanted Chill here and didn't want Miller fired, those are mutually exclusive

Reaction Score
It's just incredibly dumb for you to think that it's as easy as "come to this school now." I forgot you are an experienced recruiter.
It's equally dumb to sit here thinking everything is fine. The program is crumbling and you're acting like we have an eternity to turn it around. Need results. Need them now. I'm sorry you're too lovestruck with Ollie and Co. to see that.

Reaction Score
People (like you) complain just to complain. There are reasonable concerns with the program. You all just try to make it worse... Because you want to? I guess.
First of all who are you? Secondly, I always provide context and reasons for my concerns. We have 2 healthy players and we should just be ho hum about it? I care deeply about this program, if you aren't questioning what's going on and extremely concerned about the state of the program, you shouldn't call yourself a fan.

Reaction Score
The board is incredibly silly these days.

They fired Miller (as many were calling for) so MAL left.
They hired Chillious (which many celebrated).
But because they can't rope in a recruit in April, they are crushed.
Appears I'm in the minority but I was expecting the results of the Chillious hire to come next year, when you know, he has a full year to recruit these kids

BaZZnBOAT

ONIONS!
Reaction Score
First of all who are you? Secondly, I always provide context and reasons for my concerns. We have 2 healthy players and we should just be ho hum about it? I care deeply about this program, if you aren't questioning what's going on and extremely concerned about the state of the program, you shouldn't call yourself a fan.

You're a shortsighted fan who likes to complain. Got it.

Reaction Score
Maybe I misinterpreted your original post when you said you wanted Chill here and didn't want Miller fired, those are mutually exclusive
Glad I could clarify my stance for you then.

pj

Reaction Score
"Hey, remember that school I recruited you to? Well, I'm at this school now that is across the country. We are both named Huskies though!"

It looks he sold Blake Harris on how great it would be to play with the Porters, and Blake Harris believed him.

Failing to enable UConn to sweep in and get him at the last minute doesn't mean Chillious can't sell. It usually takes 2 years to win over these recruits.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
There is some concern Ollie may not have the luxury of long term if next year is similar to this past year.
last year people shouldn't even remember it or hold it against him. from the start we had three players done for the season, 2 of the starters. Durham coming back from two acl tears was eased in. There were several games when we had 5.5-6 healthy players.

Next year is absolutely a rebuilding year. with the roster we have (extremely happy adams, vital, larrier, and gilber are staying, same with our new guys) we should be able to compete but dont expect deep runs just yet. Not only in regards with the number of players on the roster but the fact Ollie is going to have to basically teach everyone the system minus a few kids. Defense is the hardest to learn and IMO that's why with a young team the offense looks sloppy.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
People keep going on about the long term as if there is a long term regardless of how terrible we are next year. For christ sakes we don't have one backup perimeter player, not even a freshman, we're in trouble.

Reaction Score
Things are not fine. Hence the radical changes taking place

Reaction Score
People (like you) complain just to complain. There are reasonable concerns with the program. You all just try to make it worse... Because you want to? I guess.
Mhm yes we are the reason we had our worst season in 30 years. We are the reason we've lost 3 players destined for big minutes plus our ONLY top 100 recruit. We are also the reason we have zero experience in the front court next season with nothing but 2 three star recruits coming into the fold. This is all our fault and none of it lies on the coaching staff. None. You really think we can afford a lost recruiting class? There is a reason the NCAA takes away schollies as a punishment, because it can cripple programs for long stretches at a time. Obviously not purposely but that's what we're doing to ourselves here.

Last edited:

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
last year people shouldn't even remember it or hold it against him. from the start we had three players done for the season, 2 of the starters. Durham coming back from two acl tears was eased in. There were several games when we had 5.5-6 healthy players.

Next year is absolutely a rebuilding year. with the roster we have (extremely happy adams, vital, larrier, and gilber are staying, same with our new guys) we should be able to compete but dont expect deep runs just yet. Not only in regards with the number of players on the roster but the fact Ollie is going to have to basically teach everyone the system minus a few kids. Defense is the hardest to learn and IMO that's why with a young team the offense looks sloppy.

Not sure you can say that first part considering with everyone healthy they still lost to Wagner and Northeastern.

The only real winners from last season now are Adams (who basically was forced to learn how to be a true PG) and Vital (got more playing time than expected).

It's an interesting scenario though as they probably need to get some grad transfers to fill out the roster and then also find a few long term assets, or at least guys who will stay multiple years.

Reaction Score
Mhm yes we are the reason we had our worst season in 30 years. We are the reason we've lost 3 players destined for big minutes plus our ONLY top 100 recruit. We are also the reason we have zero experience in the front court next season with nothing but 2 three star recruits coming into the fold. This is all our fault and none of it lies on the coaching staff. None. You really think we can afford a lost recruiting class? There is a reason the NCAA takes away schollies as a punishment, because it can cripple programs for long stretches at a time. Obviously not purposely but that's what we're doing to ourselves here.
A surprisingly rational take from someone who's username is FartMan69

Reaction Score
People have to remember that we don't have the "0ld big east conference" to help with our recruiting. The "old big east" was a power basketball conference that recruits really wanted to play in. We now reside in a 2nd tier conference that doesn't have any history or cache. I would expect recruits to choose schools in the power 5 conferences or the more established conferences given the choice. Moving forward UConn Basketball might need to take a page from the football team and target the under the radar players, or the 2 and 3 star Players rather than the 4 and 5 star kids. UConn is really going to have to work hard to attract recruits. That is just our new reality.

Reaction Score
The only real winners from last season now are Adams (who basically was forced to learn how to be a true PG) and Vital (got more playing time than expected).

There should have been a significant silver lining to last year, in getting a lot of new players significant experience.

Instead, KO rode seniors who were generally ineffective and wouldn't be around beyond that season, and the three underclassmen frontcourt guys who did get minutes (at least one of whom actually looked fairly promising) bailed.

That's 6 players whose minutes last year gave us exactly zero benefit going into this year, vs. only 2 whose did.

To have no positive results and no silver lining is quite an accomplishment.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Lol at copy cats and me too kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads