Blake Harris | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Blake Harris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
People have to remember that we don't have the "0ld big east conference" to help with our recruiting. The "old big east" was a power basketball conference that recruits really wanted to play in. We now reside in a 2nd tier conference that doesn't have any history or cache. I would expect recruits to choose schools in the power 5 conferences or the more established conferences given the choice. Moving forward UConn Basketball might need to take a page from the football team and target the under the radar players, or the 2 and 3 star Players rather than the 4 and 5 star kids. UConn is really going to have to work hard to attract recruits. That is just our new reality.

Recruiting will be harder but I don't think Chillious was brought in to recruit 2 and 3 star kids.

Reaction Score
Moving forward UConn Basketball might need to take a page from the football team and target the under the radar players, or the 2 and 3 star Players rather than the 4 and 5 star kids. UConn is really going to have to work hard to attract recruits. That is just our new reality.
If our basketball program has to take cues from our football program then we might as well just close up shop.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
If our basketball program has to take cues from our football program then we might as well just close up shop.
Well, the football program brought back the coach that put them on the map to win back the fan base and win again......... So...... :)

Reaction Score
Well, the football program brought back the coach that put them on the map to win back the fan base and win again.... So. :)
Great point. I would sign up for that in a heartbeat.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
There should have been a significant silver lining to last year, in getting a lot of new players significant experience.

Instead, KO rode seniors who were generally ineffective and wouldn't be around beyond that season, and the three underclassmen frontcourt guys who did get minutes (at least one of whom actually looked fairly promising) bailed.

Ok professor - please tell who would you have played instead of RP, KF and AB who didn't see minutes

Reaction Score
There should have been a significant silver lining to last year, in getting a lot of new players significant experience.

Instead, KO rode seniors who were generally ineffective and wouldn't be around beyond that season, and the three underclassmen frontcourt guys who did get minutes (at least one of whom actually looked fairly promising) bailed.

Ok professor - please tell who would you have played instead of RP, KF and AB who didn't see minutes
I think his point is he wanted AB and KF to play less and SE and JD to play more. Since last season was clearly a disaster fairly early on you would look towards a silver lining that the young guys played a ton and grew a ton, we only got that from two players.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
So do we have a list of the top prospects remaining?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I do believe there are so-called fans here more happy to see KO NOT land Harris than get him. Then they can say "I TOLD YOU SO"

Really screwed up place here this year, really screwed up.
Agreed
Most of these so called fans are spoiled and haven't seen anything but UConn and JC
I could give a crap about this Harris kid - going to the UofW in the east - Mizzou - big effn deal

Reaction Score
So do we have a list of the top prospects remaining?

Mr. Basketball from Minnesota became available 2 days ago but is a guard. Miller loves the kid and I don't think will push him to IU. We never had interest. Amir Coffey won it last year and he is a stud. KEA in 1997.

Reaction Score
I think his point is he wanted AB and KF to play less and SE and JD to play more. Since last season was clearly a disaster fairly early on you would look towards a silver lining that the young guys played a ton and grew a ton, we only got that from two players.
Agreed on Enoch, and I think that was a major factor into him leaving. Durham I'm not sure playing him more would have been the smart move with him coming off those injuries.

Obviously not a doctor but I feel like that's the rare case where in a lost season you want to play him less so that he doesn't get hurt and you have him fully healthy for this season. Obviously that's a moot point now. For reference Durham played 232 minutes and Giles at Duke who was in a similar situation played 300 minutes this year

Reaction Score
Agreed
Most of these so called fans are spoiled and haven't seen anything but UConn and JC
I could give a crap about this Harris kid - going to the UofW in the east - Mizzou - big effn deal
It makes you a "real" fan that you couldn't care less we didn't get a visit from a guard we need who was recruited to UW by Chillious. It makes you a "real" fan that you aren't critical of us having 3 players transfer and our only top 100 player renege all within a week, leaving us with two returning players we know are healthy. It makes you a "real" fan calling out other fans because they are extremely concerned about the state of the program they love. This board is a really strange place when the ostrich approach makes you a "real" fan and voicing your concerns with what's taking place makes you a "so-called" fan.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
It happens and is just part of the recruitment process. I am not worried yet. We will see but I don't want just another guard for the sake of having a body.
Maybe a fifth year guard, we will see.
I would like Waters but who knows with the Patrick Ewing hiring does or not

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
It makes you a "real" fan that you couldn't care less we didn't get a visit from a guard we need who was recruited to UW by Chillious. It makes you a "real" fan that you aren't critical of us having 3 players transfer and our only top 100 player renege all within a week, leaving us with two returning players we know are healthy. It makes you a "real" fan calling out other fans because they are extremely concerned about the state of the program they love. This board is a really strange place when the ostrich approach makes you a "real" fan and voicing your concerns with what's taking place makes you a "so-called" fan.
I am so glad that none of these "real" fans are in decision making positions in any companies I invest money in.

"Mr. Tim Cook! What do you have to say about the recent drop in Apple's share prices and market share?"
"I think nothing of it. Don't you remember when Apple was just a small company in Steve Jobs' mother's garage with Steve Wozniak? I remember those days, we will be fine but we also won't be doing anything different for that reason."

Reaction Score
I am so glad that none of these "real" fans are in decision making positions in any companies I invest money in.

"Mr. Tim Cook! What do you have to say about the recent drop in Apple's share prices and market share?"
"I think nothing of it. Don't you remember when Apple was just a small company in Steve Jobs' mother's garage with Steve Wozniak? I remember those days, we will be fine but we also won't be doing anything different for that reason."
It amazes me that there are people here who can spinzone anything to take heat off of the people who actually get paid to avoid sub .500 seasons and lost recruiting classes.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
It amazes me that there are people here who can spinzone anything to take heat off of the people who actually get paid to avoid sub .500 seasons and lost recruiting classes.
so you blame the coaching staff for having on average 5.5 to 6 healthy players last year? Ollie made a move to bring in someone more connected in the AAU circuit and we'll see if pays off.

Reaction Score
so you blame the coaching staff for having on average 5.5 to 6 healthy players last year? Ollie made a move to bring in someone more connected in the AAU circuit and we'll see if pays off.
Do you honestly think Ollie and staff are void of any blame for the current state of affairs?

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Do you honestly think Ollie and staff are void of any blame for the current state of affairs?
no but I'm taking in all factors from end of calhouns time to now. this board wanted Ollie to make changes and he did. now they're saying he shouldn't have made any changes. Chillous hasn't even gotten settled in yet at UConn and people are calling him a failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom