Bill Walton | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Bill Walton

Reaction Score
I think Walton is just loving life and having fun and not taking anything too seriously. If you can do that and get paid for it, who wouldn't love that gig. I'd be really impressed if he asked Phil Knight some intriguing questions, like what he thought about the demise of the PAC 12 or Kevin Plank's revolutionary sports materials and Under Armour's incredible growth in the athletic apparel market.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Last night was the perfect game to have Bill Walton. The game was a complete blowout, almost like a highlight reel. And what's wrong with a little non coherent deadhead speak during the highlight reel? It's not like we needed some critical basketball insight up 27 with our 7 ft. 2" guy launching a three pointer. PERFECT game to enjoy some Big Bill and some highlights.
Pretty much this ^

A few additional thoughts:

I love that this thread got locked after 5 posts, and then reopened to all that has followed. IIRC, the initial 'final' post said that Walton was great, except for when calling UConn games.

At a certain point, I stopped hitting Like. Too many posts delighted me, many of them directly contradictory, including unreserved joy & distaste. Who else but ESPN & Walton could make that happen? We can take last night as being trolled by the network or complimented as the fan base best situated to absorb their deficiencies. Either way.

Finally, unless I missed it, nobody else has mentioned that Walton admitted to once having been busted for smiling on a cloudy day.

Reaction Score
A couple of random comments made me laugh---- when he referred to Uconn's competition up until Oregon as "Sister's of the poor" and Roumoglou as "Super glue"

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Walton and Vitale are terrible announcers. They make themselves part of the production.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Confused Nba All Star GIF by NBA

In case anyone would like to know what Bill Walton looks like when his lips aren't flapping.
That’s a cardboard cut out. His lips never stop flapping.

Reaction Score
Wild Bill is a California dude goofin' on Roxie.. Trying to get him to lighten up. Wasn't about the game or TV audience.

Don't worry. Be happy

Reaction Score
Walton was 3 time AA, 3 national champ, either 2 or 3 time NPOY and lost, what one to two games his entire career? Easily top 5 and IMO you can make a case for him all the way to #2 behind Alcinder as greatest college player ever.

No one hit wonder for him. For three years he was best player on court every game.
I have always given Bill Walton credit for being one of the all-time greats in college basketball. He also might have the single greatest game in an NCAA tournament, where he shot 21 for 22, I believe. However, as an all sports arguments, it’s very difficult to compare different eras.

Reaction Score
I really wanted to know where he was going with his rant on fouls when Sanogo went to sit with 3 early in second half. It started off with “The NCAA is about empowerment…” and then he segued into a bit about Phil Knight also standing for empowerment and then “Hey Geno is sitting with Phil now” and then a play on the court made him shout “woah pinball wizard” and he started talking about The Who.

Not gonna lie, that’s entertaining. And he’s got us talking about it today too. Win for Bill and ESPN.

Reaction Score
love him twice a yr. Is he commentating tonite’s game?

Reaction Score
It was embarrassed for the announcers and for the viewers. The discussion was esoteric and ridiculous at times - breaking away from the game to go off topic and then coming back to mix up names and a bunch of unrelated comments - it was again, embarrassing - not amusing.

The Knight interview was one of worst I’ve seen -especially when Phil went to stand up and Walton tried to stop him from getting up - what was he worried about?

The announcer called the game looked out matched by Walton. He should have continued to call the game while his color commentator went of into outer space.

Reaction Score
It was embarrassed for the announcers and for the viewers. The discussion was esoteric and ridiculous at times - breaking away from the game to go off topic and then coming back to mix up names and a bunch of unrelated comments - it was again, embarrassing - not amusing…

…The announcer called the game looked out matched by Walton. He should have continued to call the game while his color commentator went of into outer space.

I’m amazed @ the number of folks on here who seemingly have never seen/heard a Walton called game before.

Last night is the norm, not the exception.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
Yes, he's on again. Might be a bit easier for me tonight without having both parents and a 6yr old bombarding me with questions along with trying to decipher "analyst" Walton.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom