Bill Walton | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Bill Walton

Reaction Score
I enjoy him but he can be a bit much. You shouldn't constantly be asking 'what the hell is he talking about?' during a college basketball game.

Reaction Score
I actually mute the TV because I'm embarrassed for him. I just hope he doesn't say something to get himself I'm trouble.

Two gems from tonight were: predicting the game would be decided on the final possession.... (admittedly he hasn't watched UConn this season) and when UConn broke the school 3 point record he asked If it was for both men's and women's? ("Because they are too different sports..." His colleague wisely moved past that comment....).

Reaction Score
the espn production was horrific. the split screens were completely useless -- i thought the endless interview with phil knight was bad, but the needless shot of jay bilas stunned me.

walton is fun when your team is up by 25 though lol
It was. I mean, I get that this is his tournament, but the man started a sneaker company. He didn't cure cancer

Reaction Score
My favorite Walton ever was when we were playing Arizona a few years ago and he asked about his partner’s dog, Baxter. The other guy had to tell him that Baxter died three years ago. I’m still laughing and the game was like 5 years ago.

caw

Reaction Score
Actually felt bad for Walton when he was trying to interview Phil Knight. That was painful.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I would never go to a game with someone who is so humorless that Bill Walton ruins their watching experience. That’s just me. And I’ve probably went to more uconn games with the biggest list of vastly different by’ers than anyone here.

Reaction Score
He just made me laugh out loud during the Ala-Mich St. game. After the play by play guy said Alabama was leading the country in rebound margin, Bill asked who they played. He said Jacksonville, Longwood, Liberty (Bill interjected "God save us") and play by play guy continued "South Alabama." Bill asked, "That's in the southern part of the state, right?"

Reaction Score
I would never go to a game with someone who is so humorless that Bill Walton ruins their watching experience. That’s just me. And I’ve probably went to more uconn games with the biggest list of vastly different by’ers than anyone here.
I wouldn’t say he ruins the experience. You do get the silver lining of hearing whoever he’s matched up with try desperately to keep him focused and from going too far off on his irrelevant tangents. It really adds an additional level of difficulty to the job.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
He was so annoying in the last 10 minutes. As the game was over and they were transitioning to the new game he was heard on the hot mic saying stop interrupting me.
Hahaha really? I shut the game off to put my daughter to bed.

My take on Walton is that he’s absolutely nuts and is a good color guy to have once in a while, you kind of need to be in the mood, but you don’t want him every game.

Reaction Score
He just made me laugh out loud during the Ala-Mich St. game. After the play by play guy said Alabama was leading the country in rebound margin, Bill asked who they played. He said Jacksonville, Longwood, Liberty (Bill interjected "God save us") and play by play guy continued "South Alabama." Bill asked, "That's in the southern part of the state, right?"
That’s a legitimate question. South Florida (USF) is in Tampa. Some of these schools are geographically challenged.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom