Bill Walton | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Bill Walton

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
He was less intrusive Tonight but he mentionioned an Oct 78 winterland ( SanFran ) show tonight. Haha
No St Stephen at that show, but they did play Estimated Prophet. My buddy has a bunch of old CDs that he received from a man in a sauna at his local YMCA, on one of them is Prophet Hartford 5/21/77’ and that is a great version of the song.

No St Stephen there either, sort of a rare song live in the mid to late 70’s.

Reaction Score
I would never go to a game with someone who is so humorless that Bill Walton ruins their watching experience. That’s just me. And I’ve probably went to more uconn games with the biggest list of vastly different by’ers than anyone here.
You can recognize that Walton calling a game is absolutely awful without it "ruining" the experience. I enjoyed the game. Walton was brutal. Both can be true.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
No St Stephen at that show, but they did play Estimated Prophet. My buddy has a bunch of old CDs that he received from a man in a sauna at his local YMCA, on one of them is Prophet Hartford 5/21/77’ and that is a great version of the song.

No St Stephen there either, sort of a rare song live in the mid to late 70’s.
:) Ah but they did

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
The Phil Knight interview could have happened in audio only while they showed the game. That was absurd. Even worse was showing a taped interview with Izzo! Show it at halftime, why are they diminishing the live game with that b.s.
This really pissed me off also

Reaction Score
The Phil Knight interview could have happened in audio only while they showed the game. That was absurd. Even worse was showing a taped interview with Izzo! Show it at halftime, why are they diminishing the live game with that b.s.
Also wasn’t there a game earlier, do it them and get that out of the way, had to do it during our game.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Also wasn’t there a game earlier, do it them and get that out of the way, had to do it during our game.
Phil knight is an Oregon alum and biggest booster. If not then, when?

Reaction Score
I didn’t mind him he’s entertaining, not really my cup of tee during our game. The split screen was a bit much, ok interview the guy show him on the screen a little but I don’t need to see his face for 10 minutes.

Reaction Score
He is terrible. He does alot of PAC games and if my Thursday night poker game goes late we get the 1st half of his west coast coverage... he is hysterical ( Cheech and Chong like) unless he is calling a uconn game.
There was a usc game once where he talked about his love of Northern California giant redwoods for over 20 minutes

Reaction Score
I love when Walton does the games. He had me literally laughing out loud a dozen times. The Liberty quip was priceless with perfect timing. That being said, I don’t like him doing UConn games as he’ll go off on his tangents and I prefer a straight up call but tonight was bearable due to our great execution on offense. Can’t wait to see how DC develops over the next few months as well as over the rest of his UConn career. Exciting to be a Husky fan again.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom