Bill Walton | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Bill Walton

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Waltons on his game tonight!

Loves Clingan and AK. Why did everyone transfer from Bonnie’s? 3 guys in the last 2 games we played are from last years Bonnie’s team.

Reaction Score
I hated Bill Walton game 1 against Oregon and now I can’t get enough.

Idk what to think anymore lol

Reaction Score
The only complaint I have is when ESPN cues up the stupid skycm moving shot, at the same time Walton goes on an uncharted ramble. Just a bizzare broadcast in those moments

Generally love Walton though. I find him occasionally hilarious

Reaction Score
I've noticed Walton never talks about himself. When he talks about the Celtics, it's always Bird, McHale or Parrish. When he talks about UCLA, it's always about his teammates. He avoided the question when asked to compare Clingan to himself.

Reaction Score
The only complaint I have is when ESPN cues up the stupid skycm moving shot, at the same time Walton goes on an uncharted ramble. Just a bizzare broadcast in those moments

Generally love Walton though. I find him occasionally hilarious
The camera work is painful.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Waltons on his game tonight!

Loves Clingan and AK. Why did everyone transfer from Bonnie’s? 3 guys in the last 2 games we played are from last years Bonnie’s team.

This is like listening to pro wrestling announcers where they just play off each other. The fake disgust and the set ups for the comeback one liners are fantastic.

Reaction Score
He had a great line in the Alabama/UNC game. Play by play guy said the game had turned into a war of attrition and Walton's reply was "I've already lost that war".

Reaction Score
There’s a lot of Bill hate on this board for his announcing which I think is fun but he absolutely loves this team we have assembled. The guy whatever you think knows hoop.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
I start warming up, like when he's adoring us, butt then he goes on some ramble

I will give you this, he loves life

Reaction Score
Bill was hilarious last night. At one point he had the wrong team leading, and he was gushing about Andre Watson. He certainly loves Karaban and Clingan though.

Reaction Score
Loved him, had me laughing all night. Sanogo starting dominating against Alabama and he said in the middle of a convo with the other guy, big, fast and powerful, I see it now, it was so funny and came pretty much out of nowhere. He said so much other crazy ship I can’t even remember but I enjoyed him. He enjoys life and while I’m watching him. I do too.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
I'm not sure if I'm too old ("I like color guys to talk about the game, darn it!") or too young (most of the stuff he blabs about was before my time), but either way, I can't stand him on the mic. The only thing worse are the set pieces they have with him acting goofy with trees and such.

Reaction Score
I’m amazed @ the number of folks on here who seemingly have never seen/heard a Walton called game before.

Last night is the norm, not the exception.
UM, I don’t agree - last night BW was his old goofy self and it was bearable.

The night in question - it was taking it to new level. The deviation away from the game for long stretches, the awkward personal interview, the on air gaffes and misstatements were at a level that maybe some intervention was needed (i.e. Cut the Mic)

The announcer should have taken control and insisted on calling the game even if Bill was way off course.

Reaction Score
The things is, I like to hear the announcers call games but as I’ve gotten older, the more stupid things they seem to say. I’m tired of the miscalls that are soooo obvious to us at home. I can see I e realized, I don’t need them to tell me what I can see and see better than them lately. Very few things I need to hear from them but I guess that’s why Bill Walton was entertaining to me. I’m tired of them feeding me their narrative. They don’t get to tell me who the best player on the floor is or who the better team is cuz I’m about to find out with my own eyes. Years ago I could never watch a game without the announcers, now I almost hate them all.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I've noticed Walton never talks about himself. When he talks about the Celtics, it's always Bird, McHale or Parrish. When he talks about UCLA, it's always about his teammates. He avoided the question when asked to compare Clingan to himself.
He did last night when he casually mentioned that he won three Player of the Year Awards. Though he did not brag about them being National vs. Conference. So there is that.

Reaction Score
That whole production was terrible, showing an interview with Phil Knight while game is being played. Save it for half time. Bill took away from the game. It's all about him.
That was maddening. Droning on about their glory days and things that mean nothing to the current generation of players.
Walton was definitely fishing for a sneaker deal. Ugh…

Reaction Score
The things is, I like to hear the announcers call games but as I’ve gotten older, the more stupid things they seem to say. I’m tired of the miscalls that are soooo obvious to us at home. I can see I e realized, I don’t need them to tell me what I can see and see better than them lately. Very few things I need to hear from them but I guess that’s why Bill Walton was entertaining to me. I’m tired of them feeding me their narrative. They don’t get to tell me who the best player on the floor is or who the better team is cuz I’m about to find out with my own eyes. Years ago I could never watch a game without the announcers, now I almost hate them all.
You must love John Sterling.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom