Bill Walton | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Bill Walton

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
Bill seemed more tolerable lately but I’m sure the winning has a lot to do with that.

Will say, he had more references to rivers than a fly fishing documentary

Reaction Score
He's a great guy, and has a lot to say about things, it's just that he should not be doing ESPN games. We're like a forced audience, like when someone pulls out the guitar at a family picnic. You have to listen. He should be doing a podcast for people who want to listen to him.

Reaction Score
I don't watch a ton of P12 basketball, but from my memory, it appears that he consumes lower doses of THC during P12 play, but tends to take higher doses for bigger national games.

For example, I watched a Stanford/Oregon State game last year and he kept it focused and his analysis was actually pretty good.

Part of it is that he's an expert in P12 basketball, so he can share a lot of insight during conference games.

One idea to pitch to ESPN: whenever it is clear that a team is going to win the game, start waxing poetic about the wonders of nature of the environs of the winning team.

For example, I would have loved last night if he finished the game with something like Storrs, Connecticut, BEAUTIFUL part of the Northeast, serene rolling farmland, Horsebarn Hill, Mansfield Hollow, the Charter Oak...man, I LOVE trees...

Something like that would have pumped me up.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
When you’re steamrolling NCAA tournament teams it makes his nonsense a lot more bearable.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
He's a great guy, and has a lot to say about things, it's just that he should not be doing ESPN games. We're like a forced audience, like when someone pulls out the guitar at a family picnic. You have to listen. He should be doing a podcast for people who want to listen to him.
When they did a clip with him hugging the tree, I thought this is it, he is cooked.

Reaction Score
I enjoy him but he can be a bit much. You shouldn't constantly be asking 'what the hell is he talking about?' during a college basketball game.
Here is thing with old Bill, Like Dicky V, they are uniquely themselves and there is nobody like them and once they are gone that style will never be replaced. Yes, the geography lessons are a bit much but the dude is genuine. I met him at the 2014 Final Four in Dallas and he was a very nice guy. I’m a fan.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
classics from Bill on Friday:

• how Douglas fir trees were named
  • his partner said "I call you Stretch" to which Bill said "I call you Squat or Diddly for short"
Kind of got the sense that Roxie was pissed about that. I have to admit that I laughed out loud when Walton made a comment to him paused and then called him Diddly as a segue to the break.

Reaction Score
Anyone hating on Walton needs to attend an Umphrey McGee and disco biscuits set or phish and free their mind. Life will become so much better
Mmm.... And if you've already done that and still despise him calling a game ?

Reaction Score
Here is thing with old Bill, Like Dicky V, they are uniquely themselves and there is nobody like them and once they are gone that style will never be replaced. Yes, the geography lessons are a bit much but the dude is genuine. I met him at the 2014 Final Four in Dallas and he was a very nice guy. I’m a fan.
Yeah, looking forward to it.

Reaction Score
I think he’s pretty funny. I don’t think he’s always intending to be funny, but I chuckle at the things he says nonetheless.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I used to like Bill when he was just a space cadet. Now I think he's senile along with being spaced and he is hard to listen to. The funniest moment to me was when he said "This is the best I've ever seen Clingan play!" His partner asked, " So you've seen him play before?". "Nope, never have". The whole production by ESPN was on the level of a high school AV Club. Embarassingly bad in every aspect.

This is his schtick. He does that all the time. “This is the greatest display of basketball I’ve seen in my 50 years” or whatever he’d say.

How can people get mad at this guy. Who cares about the pointless crap the color guys usually say?

Walton’s one interjection about basketball every 5 minutes is more valuable basketball info than the normal color commentator jamokes provide.

Reaction Score
Anyone hating on Walton needs to attend an Umphrey McGee and disco biscuits set or phish and free their mind. Life will become so much better
I’ve been a Phish fan since 1989 and he drives me absolutely insane - let him call Goose shows instead of basketball

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I really wanted to know where he was going with his rant on fouls when Sanogo went to sit with 3 early in second half. It started off with “The NCAA is about empowerment…” and then he segued into a bit about Phil Knight also standing for empowerment and then “Hey Geno is sitting with Phil now” and then a play on the court made him shout “woah pinball wizard” and he started talking about The Who.

Not gonna lie, that’s entertaining. And he’s got us talking about it today too. Win for Bill and ESPN.
when he yells WHOAAAA on a crazy shot or pass, it gets me every time. When he added in pinball wizard I was crying laughing.

I agree he was getting mad at the flopping and thought basically Sanogo’s 3 fouls at that point were all bull.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
He's actually pretty good when he is able to stay on track and just talk basketball. Early on I thought he was very good. Then it slowly started going downhill and by the 2nd half he was all over the place again.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom