Bill Walton | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Bill Walton

Reaction Score
You must love John Sterling.
If I am driving around I enjoy listening to baseball on the radio. If the Mets aren't playing I would like to listen to Yankee broadcasts but Sterling and Waldyman drive me insane

Reaction Score
How dare anyone here not love this guy? I’m ashamed of you.
Listen to these:

Alex Karaban is superb in every aspect of game!

Donovan Clingan is playing like 4 years NBA player!

Bristol? The center of universe!

The guy is oozing positive energy and heaping nothing but praises and loves for UConn from AD Dave, Dan Hurley to every player of UConn team!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
When he snaps back from his meandering (which I fully enjoy) I found him to have some of the most on-the-nose, well-timed, and important insights into the games we played where he broadcasted

Bill has lived a charmed life through his work, skill and plenty of good fortune.

He's one of the top 3 accomplished college basketball players all-time and other than playing NC St and Thompson was the most skilled player every time he was in college.

He goes pro, is an MVP and wins a championship against Dr J in his prime and then his knees scat the bed.

It would he obnoxious for him to analyze a game based on his perspective and how views basketball. He'd be dumbing it down and he knows it.

In any game there are 2-3 things which capture his attention.

Otherwise, you get his life adventures.

Reaction Score
Bill has lived a charmed life through his work, skill and plenty of good fortune.

He's one of the top 3 accomplished college basketball players all-time and other than playing NC St and Thompson was the most skilled player every time he was in college.

He goes pro, is an MVP and wins a championship against Dr J in his prime and then his knees scat the bed.

It would he obnoxious for him to analyze a game based on his perspective and how views basketball. He'd be dumbing it down and he knows it.

In any game there are 2-3 things which capture his attention.

Otherwise, you get his life adventures.
Walton had just about every injury in the book from high school, through college, and the NBA including his knees but like many big men it was foot injuries which ruined his playing career.

Reaction Score
Watching Oregon v UCLA with Bill Walton. Bill has mentioned how good UConn is about 4 times including “best team he’s seen all year.” He’s becoming my favorite broadcaster.
Out of one of the breaks, the studio was talking PAC12 and said that the two Zona guys made up the best duo or front court or something, and Walton says “I have to wonder if whoever just said that has seen UConn’s front court this year because they are fantastic.” Mr. conference of champions goes out of his way to talk UConn.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Walton had just about every injury in the book from high school, through college, and the NBA including his knees but like many big men it was foot injuries which ruined his playing career.

Right.

My point was he has experienced the highest of every high (on and off the court) throughout his life. He's not impressed by the mundane or the minutia of a game where there are hundreds of possessions between the teams. There's are a few plays every game that get his attention and the rest is whatever.

No need to fault him for being who he is and what interests him. Fault the producers, directors and talent folks who think his perspective is worthy of a games worth of action. Or, enjoy him. Or, mute him.

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
I have no problem with Walton, even if he weren't talking up the good guys. When he's the color guy you watch the game, like always, and just enjoy his meanderings, giggling when appropriate.

Reaction Score
I have no problem with Walton, even if he weren't talking up the good guys. When he's the color guy you watch the game, like always, and just enjoy his meanderings, giggling when appropriate.
I like a lot of the things he likes so I have no problem listening to him. He loves the outdoors and America’s great places, as do I. I also love 60’s and 70’s pop culture, of which he’s an encyclopedia. He lived it and he lived large. He’s just a likable guy unless you have no patience lighthearted people. I find listening to him an escape from the mundane.

Reaction Score
For me, he is the kind of guy that, if your favorite team is up big, is hilarious because you don't need any deep bball insight in those cases but in close games, you want to shut the hell up, and in a blowout loss is unbearable. Depends on the situation. Overall, sometimes he has insightful stuff. if he is not calling a game with your team, he is generally a funny guy.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom