Bill Walton | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Bill Walton

Reaction Score
Watching the Alabama - Michigan State game. Walton just said, “He has great handles, he doesn’t even have to look down at the ball.”

Reaction Score
I generally like Bill Walton. That split screen stuff where the game was going on but they were discussing everything but was excruciating. To complicate things for me, I was watching on a phone, so with the split screen I couldn’t even see the game.
Like watching the MSU players getting off of their bus? What a total waste of time putting that into a split screen while the game is playing.

Reaction Score
I loved him. When he wished Knight a happy birthday & then said nvm it’s close it’s in February…

Reaction Score
People forget ( and it’s open for debate ) but bill Walton just may be the greatest college hoops player in the history of earth ( and if he wasn’t he’s in the list of 5)
Thompson led North Carolina State University to an undefeated season (27-0) in 1973, He then led the Wolfpack to a 30–1 season and the NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Championship in 1974.

Maravich holds nearly every major NCAA scoring record, including most career points (3,667), highest career scoring average (44.2 ppg), most field goals made (1,387) and attempted (3,166), and most career 50-point games (28).

Kemba Walker (for biased reasons)

But, Walton was great.

Reaction Score
I used to like Bill when he was just a space cadet. Now I think he's senile along with being spaced and he is hard to listen to. The funniest moment to me was when he said "This is the best I've ever seen Clingan play!" His partner asked, " So you've seen him play before?". "Nope, never have". The whole production by ESPN was on the level of a high school AV Club. Embarassingly bad in every aspect.

Reaction Score
I used to like Bill when he was just a space cadet. Now I think he's senile along with being spaced and he is hard to listen to. The funniest moment to me was when he said "This is the best I've ever seen Clingan play!" His partner asked, " So you've seen him play before?". "Nope, never have". The whole production by ESPN was on the level of a high school AV Club. Embarassingly bad in every aspect.
+ 1

Reaction Score
Not to be, but pairing Walton with an “energized” Robin Williams would be Gold.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
My son texted me that he "couldn't stand the color guy"

I had nothing to do with it

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I could not believe they used the split screen then Walton and Phil Knight interview. The other guy could not get a word in edgewise. Could not call the game.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Thompson led North Carolina State University to an undefeated season (27-0) in 1973, He then led the Wolfpack to a 30–1 season and the NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Championship in 1974.

Maravich holds nearly every major NCAA scoring record, including most career points (3,667), highest career scoring average (44.2 ppg), most field goals made (1,387) and attempted (3,166), and most career 50-point games (28).

Kemba Walker (for biased reasons)

But, Walton was great.

Walton was 3 time AA, 3 national champ, either 2 or 3 time NPOY and lost, what one to two games his entire career? Easily top 5 and IMO you can make a case for him all the way to #2 behind Alcinder as greatest college player ever.

No one hit wonder for him. For three years he was best player on court every game.

willie99

Reaction Score
Walton was 3 time AA, 3 national champ, either 2 or 3 time NPOY and lost, what one to two games his entire career? Easily top 5 and IMO you can make a case for him all the way to #2 behind Alcinder as greatest college player ever.

No one hit wonder for him. For three years he was best player on court every game.

They had no choice, they had to stay in school. Today he's one and done

willie99

Reaction Score
I was watching some highlights, seems as if he was always talking and the play by play person just talks over him

Walton; I was hugging a beautiful tree in Oregon....

Partner; ( simultaneously) "and Hawkins hits another three"

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
I think Walton may have been a writer for Monty Python back in the day.

"Come see our mani lakes!"
"And the majestic moose!"
"A moose once bit my sister."
"Moose bites can be really nasti."

Reaction Score
I didnt mind Bill, he was very complimentary of UConn and Hurley. I thought it was funny he sounded like he ate a bunch of shrooms before the game when he was out at the Japanese garden.
He seemed a little more high in the first half. Shrooms are legal recreational in Oregon.

Reaction Score
Last night was the perfect game to have Bill Walton. The game was a complete blowout, almost like a highlight reel. And what's wrong with a little non coherent deadhead speak during the highlight reel? It's not like we needed some critical basketball insight up 27 with our 7 ft. 2" guy launching a three pointer. PERFECT game to enjoy some Big Bill and some highlights.

Reaction Score
I’m still trying to figure out his ongoing rambling connecting “Nurse” with “Hurley”. Also, it seemed like he thought Coach has about 9 siblings?

Bill always has a bunch of annoying things he does during a game, but usually, he busts out at least a dozen things I LOL about, and usually at the end the ledger comes out with more good lines than bad

Reaction Score
Also, it seemed like he got new dentures, they didn’t fit that well/he wasn’t used to them when talking, and he had the headset mic too close to his mouth. Don’t remember him slurring words as much as he did last night

Sibeerian

Mush on, you Huskies
Reaction Score
At least when he wasn't talking about active volcanoes or Jake Bilas he pointed out how great Donavan looked. That's outstanding praise coming from one of the best big men ever.

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
Walton is good for an anecdote, do I want him "calling" an entire game? It turns out the answer is NO.

ESPN can suck it even harder after that broadcast.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom