Biggest sports annoyances | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Biggest sports annoyances

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I can see why they were confused....Cleveland played Tennessee.

Yep. That's what I get posting from memory. Detroit played Arizona. And since they're from Phoenix they had vague awareness of an NFL team playing there. I was explaining the peculiarity of Murray starting and how he won the Heisman but was considered short for the NFL. I started getting looks when I said "Heisman" and realized I went outside their knowledge bank. So, I switched subjects.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
May be in the minority here, but I hate when Romo tells me what’s going to happen 10 seconds before the ball snaps.

Some pre/& post read analysis is fine. I want to watch it happen though Tony. I’d listen on radio if I didnt

I guess what is annoying is us non-casual fans know the announcers get to watch practice and have sit downs with coaches during game week. So, the announcers have an idea of what plays they may run and how they game plan for the opponent.

I'll give Romo kudos for paying attention to those sit downs and recognizing game situations related to the game plan. Plenty of analysts would fail that link. But it's not like he has this brain that inherently knows every situation for every game. He's a bit like the straight A student who does homework every night and can answer all the teachers questions relating to the homework.

Reaction Score
To that end, I don't know what I get annoyed at more, 1) Hearing about a play (good or bad) or the final score of a game I've DVR'ed and have not yet finished, or 2) when watching my team losing on a recorded playback, I can't alter their fortunes via karmic intervention. The game already happened.
1) I keep my Boneyardin strictly to the Cesspool on gamedays and group text my friends not to spoil it for me. Usually works out, although sometimes they’ll save me from a 30 point blowout to USF or something (man these last few years have sucked!)
2) I’ve convinced myself my karma and superstitions can travel back in time. I get so antsy in close games tho, I’ll start fast forwarding through free throws and other slow points.

Reaction Score
-Parents who make their kid concentrate on one sport rather then letting them grow and play multiple sports.

-Officials who stop the game for review, such as the targeting rule and ejecting the player ok I get you wanna stress safety but its football your not gonna get a perfect form tackle 8 out of 10 times going at full speed in pads, in basketball officials who have to stop a game and review pushing and shoving for a good 5-10 minutes and go over and over the tape like their detectives investigating a crime.

Reaction Score
When every dead play moment at live sporting events has to be filled with pumped-in ear-splitting music courtesy of the venue: pre-game, halftime, timeouts, between innings, between pitches. Fifteen second stoppage of play? Blare some noise from the speakers! Is this supposed to get the fans revved up? CLUNK.

And if any of this music started coming out of my car radio, I'd hit the station change button before you could blink.

Reaction Score
Maddening, especially now that they are at an age where they are emphasizing possession and spacing. I do my best to keep quiet on the sidelines. I'll let my kid know if he has the ball nearby that there's nobody pressuring him, but that's about it.

I got an earful from a friend after we set our chairs down near midfield, & then "the" loudmouth plopped his down right next to us. I got up and went down by the corner flag and stayed there the whole game. My friend: "Why ' did you leave me alone with him?!!!" Me: "I didn't want to burst my heart from high blood pressure."

Reaction Score
-Parents who make their kid concentrate on one sport rather then letting them grow and play multiple sports.

I know a few that have basically said "I only like/played 'x' so my kid is playing 'x'", but most of the time it's not the parents driving this. It's the leagues themselves, with Soccer, Baseball, and Swimming leading the way in pushing specialization from the womb.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Guys who take slow pitch softball way too seriously.
Guys who take the LL father/son game way too seriously.

Reaction Score
People who whistle when an opponent is about to take a free throw. Drives me nuts.

Reaction Score
Guys who take slow pitch softball way too seriously.
Had a dude in the league I used to play in try and distract the hitters whenever he was pitching. He’d casually ask the umpire for the count or something and then quick pitch in the middle of his question. He’d wave his glove around like a psycho as he was mid pitch. Stuff like that. So hardo I actually had to respect it.

Reaction Score
Had a dude in the league I used to play in try and distract the hitters whenever he was pitching. He’d casually ask the umpire for the count or something and then quick pitch in the middle of his question. He’d wave his glove around like a psycho as he was mid pitch. Stuff like that. So hardo I actually had to respect it.

I had turned an ankle and was catching in a playoff game. This idiot could have scored standing up from second but decided to slow down a bit, measure me up, and absolutely level me as the throw came in from left field. I answered with a right cross, and all hell broke loose . . .

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score

*Insert 151 posts following this explaining how it's not proper etiquette*

Reaction Score
Softball was annoying to me period.

I could hit .350/.400 in the Greater Hartford Twilight League and others against good hard ball pitching but batted about .400 in softball because I couldn't change my swing after 20 years of hard ball. Of course when I retired from baseball the big time softball teams said we want him so I played for an A team immediately traveled the state, batted 10th (lol) and played a mean SS (did love playing defense in softball I admit that) but realized there were all kinds of guys who weren't any good at hard ball as I grew up and they were hitting .750 or more and torching the fences. Realized after one year I hated softball the guys on the team I played with sad it will get better wanted me to stay but I felt like Ed Brinkmann or Mark Belanger from the old MLB days .180 hitters who could field LOL. :eek:

When I took golf a little more serious!

Last edited:

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Softball was annoying to me period.

I could hit .350/.400 in the Greater Hartford Twilight League and others against good hard ball pitching but batted about .400 in softball because I couldn't change my swing after 20 years of hard ball. Of course when I retired from baseball the big time softball teams said we want him so I played for an A team immediately traveled the state, batted 10th (lol) and played a mean SS (did love playing defense in softball I admit that) but realized there were all kinds of guys who weren't any good at hard ball as I grew up and they were hitting .750 or more and torching the fences. Realized after one year I hated softball the guys on the team I played with sad it will get better wanted me to stay but I felt like Ed Brinkmann or Mark Belanger from the old MLB days .180 bitters who could field LOL. :eek:

When I took golf a little more serious!

I thought I’d be one of those guys who played in the old man baseball leagues forever.

But after playing in college I just couldn’t go back to playing for nothing and it not being a truly senior thing. And softball is even worse.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
We’ve found my least favorite poster....on earth.
Used to love the sport. Still love going to games in person, and some of my greatest sports memories come from attending Red Sox games.

I have completely lost the attention span for watching a 4 hour marathon of it on tv. It is an oversaturated blackhole of my free time of watching men grab their crotches and spit on the ground. The MLB needs to get with the times.

Reaction Score
Freshmen or rookies who always have a bright future, according to color analysts and some fans.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom