Biggest sports annoyances | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Biggest sports annoyances

Reaction Score
People who go to baseball games and eat the entire time. I'll never understand it, some of these people look like they haven't eaten in a month the way they scarf down overpriced cr@p food the entire game.

Reaction Score
People who go to baseball games and eat the entire time. I'll never understand it, some of these people look like they haven't eaten in a month the way they scarf down overpriced cr@p food the entire game.
To add on to that: people who go to a baseball game and read a book or play on their iPad the entire time. Just stay home then.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
LL umpiring. Can’t ask a kid to learn the strike zone with that huge plate they allow the pitcher. LL World Series games you actually will see strikes consistently called when they hit the line in the other batters box. Awful
Rec BB ref'g where it is a mix between MMA and track between the amount of contact and steps that they ignore. Worse for girls, travel is called so bad it is unwatchable. Gets better in AAU though.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Coaches/players/commentators who overuse the word "adversity" over every little thing. At least buy a thesaurus..

People in the FB chat room who are on an island (and obviously connected to the interwebz) asking, "What's happening now? What down is it? How much time is left?" ;)

Reaction Score
What feels like endless timeouts and the endless mundane commercials that follow. tv timeouts, ugh. Just messes up the flow of the game. (40 minute game shouldn't take 2 hours!!)
Lame comments just to fill the silence from announcers and pointless and/or unrelated (to the game) stories other than just letting the roar of the crowd and noise of the game speak for itself..or just say something relevant!
Just announcers in general, for the most part.
boston college.
Stadiums with names that have nothing to do with sports or the team.
syracuse
People who scream bloody murder high pitched, as if they are being murdered at the top of their lungs during free throws or other pivotal moments in a game. I get normal yelling, but I mean loud high pitched shrill screeching.
Superbowl halftime shows.
Refs who have the benefit of replay and STILL get it wrong.
Fans (especially kenucky, Zona, etc.) who accuse Uconn of cheating and use that as the reason Uconn beat them (lol)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
For me the big thing is one simple word... "flopping".

Especially when a guard runs by and somehow the wind takes down a 7 footer.

Also to lesser extent, when refs/umpires change the rules in the last 2 minutes of a game or in overtime.

Reaction Score
Golf announcers who say "that was a great golf shot". It's not a baseball shot or football shot so why is it necessary to say GOLF shot?
Same characters saying the putt breaks right to left or left to right. How about the putt breaks right or the putt breaks left?

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Soccer parents who yell "Boot it" or "Shoot."

We had a kid who booted it off her teammate's back and into our own goal. I told the Dad, "That's on you."

Or "shoot it!" when the ball is at midfield and the opposing team is in possession.

You should’ve just stopped at soccer parents....

...but really sports parents in general. Just terrible people.

the Q

Reaction Score
Unrealistic sports fans. First day of the NFL season and every team that won today is Superbowl bound. Every team that lost stinks and needs to fire the coach.

Middle School/ High school girls basketball referees. Most of them don’t care about the girls games and referee them as if their just trying to get it over with.They are horrible.I reported several of them this past summer and confronted a couple. At least act like your not upset because you have to officiate girls. At least call one of the six fouls that just took place within the last 15 seconds. I hate you.

In AAU ball?

The tournament directors yell at the refs for calling too many fouls.

Wish I was kidding.

the Q

Reaction Score
When sports movies mess up basic rules and concepts like when a football team gets a turnover with 30 seconds left and the clock continues to run and/or the coach calls an immediate timeout. You're doing a sports movie, how hard is it find even a casual fan to keep you honest?

My biggest issue with remember the Titans. Which is a masterpiece beyond that

the Q

Reaction Score
Rec BB ref'g where it is a mix between MMA and track between the amount of contact and steps that they ignore. Worse for girls, travel is called so bad it is unwatchable. Gets better in AAU though.

I Ref a lot of girls travel. Middle school age.

There’s a lot of fouls. It’s def not being called in other gyms because I take a ton of grief for being in the 1 and 1 in the first qtr because everyone has more grabs and holds than GSP.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
In AAU ball?

The tournament directors yell at the refs for calling too many fouls.

Wish I was kidding.
That’s true. Yes I was talking about AAU ball.
It becomes more about the schedule and time
So the refs dont officiate games in order to make them finish faster. The vast difference in officiating can seen in the unsponsored tournaments. If a kid is playing for one of the big time sneaker programs , the officiating is vastly better.

the Q

Reaction Score
The Corrupt criminal cartel known as the nfl.

I trust wwe results more than the nfl. It’s complete trash at this point.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom