Big East Transfer Portal Thread | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Big East Transfer Portal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Signs are now pointing to Kentucky's Lance Ware committing with Providence as soon as today.

Just 9.2 mpg across his three seasons at Kentucky, but Ware was the 44th best prospect of '20. 6'9 235 forward from Camden, NJ.
I think he has reached the point in his career where his high school ranking is irrelevant.

Reaction Score
Plenty of Pitino haters out there. The only way you like him is if he’s coaching your team I mean the guys a piece of crap. But he can coach I think most would agree with that.

No matter we appreciate your interest in UConn basketball don’t be a stranger.
Unfortunately pitino is only a small turd compared to many like calapari, self, etc. i have been a serious uconn fan for 45 years. I watch every game even during the lowly ollie years. Big East tournament attendee from inception. Pitino is good for the big east same as sean miller the cheater

Reaction Score
I think he has reached the point in his career where his high school ranking is irrelevant.
If it was true we offered him, it looks like we got lucky he thought he'd be better off with the squid.

Reaction Score
Hurley kept running him out there as bad as he was for a long time to begin the season. Kudos to Coach Hurley making it work!!! (& Naheim as well for sticking with it)
Early in the season he was pressing and taking some poor shots. Once he took his shots in the flow of the game things.came together for him. He was money from elbow and foul line pull ups.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Is you handle name based on the famous horse?
Why yes. I root for New England sports and it seemed like a unique name to me back when the web was starting up.

Reaction Score
With the recent St. John's adds here are the latest Torvik 2024 projections:

4 - Marquette
5 - UConn
9 - Creighton
17 - Nova
40 - Xavier
49 - PC
68 - St. John's
69 - SH
90 - Butler
130 - Depaul
158 - Gtown

Compared to 2023:
12 - Marquette
1 - UConn
13 - Creighton
61 - Nova
20 - Xavier
55 - PC
78 - St. John's
58 - SH
123 - Butler
139 - Depaul
203 - Gtown

Average rank 58 for 2024 vs 69 for 2023.

Reaction Score
Early in the season he was pressing and taking some poor shots. Once he took his shots in the flow of the game things.came together for him. He was money from elbow and foul line pull ups.
FWIW.. I saw it a different way..It took awhile for DH to trust Alleyne.. There was a vibe where DH and NA were not on the same sheet of music and NA knew there was a quick hook if anything didn't go according to plan (per DH).. Once DH allowed NA to pay through an occasional mistake..Things worked out and NA was a very productive part of the march to the Tournament win..

Imo.. Alleyne going to St Johns was about the NIL.. However.. If there was a strong bond between DH/NA.. Largely influenced by their mid-season challenges.. NA would have stayed for another run at Six.. I also believe that DH and the staff is fully committed to the Fab Five and finding them minutes (as talked about during their recruitment) so DH is willing to roll the dice on the new guys..

Reaction Score
Has Cooley gotten anyone good at GT? Seems like after the hire there has been little noise down at DC

Reaction Score
Has Cooley gotten anyone good at GT? Seems like after the hire there has been little noise down at DC
There isn’t a ton left as names re flying off the board and the portal is closed. Still players out there but the better ones committing fast. Will be interesting to see what Cooley does.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not really, their roster looks not great for next year. Cooley is trying the same thing that worked with Carter/Hopkins by bringing in highly rated recruits that didn't play a ton at their respective schools as underclassmen in Dontrez Styles (#66 in '21), Jayden Epps (#72 in '22), and Rowan Brumbaugh (#89 in '22).

But Styles not playing really over 2 years means he's likely more Samson Johnson than Bryce Hopkins. Epps was a partial year starter for Illinois as a freshman, but he wasn't particularly impressive. He'll still probably be their best player. Rowan was a straight redshirt (poached without playing a game, shades of Corey Floyd).

They got a shooter in Massoud from K St.

The only noteworthy recruit is Kayvaun Mulready, whom Cooley brought over from Providence. #71 for 2024, so not even coming in this year. He did bring in Drew FIelder from '23, but he's not a top 100 recruit.

Reaction Score
Looks like another Big East team is losing the NIL battle for a transfer…

Reaction Score
Lance Ware?
Yes.

I honestly don't see Lance Ware being a good fit for Providence. They've added George Mason's Josh Oduro to start at the 5 while Rafael Castro is a solid developmental piece to back him up.

At the 4, Hopkins is the man and Gaines is a versatile two-way forward who can play both positions. Ware hasn't shown much in his three years at Kentucky to get too excited about, so personally, I doubt Providence fans are that concerned over losing Ware.

Their biggest need is still PG.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
According to Ron Harper Jr, apparently Georgetown has made a purchase off of Rutgers’ roster.
I’m honestly impressed with Georgetown’s NIL game. Ewing was landing impressive recruits and transfers as the worst coach in D1. It won’t be long before cheatin’ Ed Cooley puts all that money to better use.

Reaction Score
Thought the scuttlebutt was that the price went up and someone had outbid Georgetown.

Reaction Score
Thought the scuttlebutt was that the price went up and someone had outbid Georgetown.
Georgetown is Cam Spencer. That rumor seems to be about Nova outbidding PC for Ware

Reactions: DCT
Reaction Score
Sanogo and Hawkins should ofnstayed for one more season. That's just my honest opinion. I believe both will be drafted but see very limited time their first year before they get traded or not get picked up by any team at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom