Big East Transfer Portal Thread | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Big East Transfer Portal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yeah he’s expected/rumored to announce today for SJU. 6’9” 240 though, big kid.
that should lessen the disappoint for Pitino when he couldn't get Nelly Junior Joseph to commit to St. John's.

Reaction Score
that should lessen the disappoint for Pitino when he couldn't get Nelly Junior Joseph to commit to St. John's.
I assume that’s a knock on SJU taking a few Iona players, but Rick P. had to replace 11 players and the kids he brought over can play at this level for sure and some will fill out the bench.

Reaction Score
I assume that’s a knock on SJU taking a few Iona players, but Rick P. had to replace 11 players and the kids he brought over can play at this level for sure and some will fill out the bench.
Not a knock at all. There was no sarcasm in what I wrote-I meant what I said. What I was implying is that Nelly Junior Joseph is good quality player that can play in the Big East and would've been a great pick up for Pitino. It must have been disappointing that he couldn't get his former player to follow him to St. John's much in the same way that he failed to get Walter Clayton Jr.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I still think St Johns is probably in the 5-8 range. Tons of mid major talents and unproven high majors who couldn’t get minutes at their last school. Maybe the Pitino factor gets them up to 3-5, but Marquette/UConn/Providence just have way better rosters.

Reaction Score
Not a knock at all. There was no sarcasm in what I wrote-I meant what I said. What I was implying is that Nelly Junior Joseph is good quality player that can play in the Big East and would've been a great pick up for Pitino. It must have been disappointing that he couldn't get his former player to follow him to St. John's much in the same way that he failed to get Walter Clayton Jr.
I don’t see them as misses for Pitino and I think ultimately he got better players. I would have probably rather had Clayton Jr. Slightly over Jenkins, but no contest bringing guys like Alleyne and especially Dingle in instead. I think Ejiofor has much higher ceiling than Nelly Junior Joseph.

Reaction Score
I don’t see them as misses for Pitino and I think ultimately he got better players. I would have probably rather had Clayton Jr. Slightly over Jenkins, but no contest bringing guys like Alleyne and especially Dingle in instead. I think Ejiofor has much higher ceiling than Nelly Junior Joseph.
Ps. No surprise he got handed off to the other Pitino at New Mexico.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
So how ugly is Kansas's campus? Lol

He must be a city guy. It’s a hell of a lot nicer than Queens unless you want something urban. But he’s just making up things to appeal to the fans. He was clearly unhappy with how little Self played him, but he was behind Wilson. Would have been behind KJ Adams. Pitino has playing time.

caw

Reaction Score
SJU had a rebuild. Not sure there is a single PG on the team though. Jenkins played more off the ball at Iona though he had good assist numbers. That is a lot of traffic around Alleyne for him to get PT.

PG: Jenkins (Iona),
SG: Dingle (Penn), Alleyne(UConn), Conway (VMI), Davis(Iona)
SF: Taylor (OSU), Luis (UMass)
PF: Slazinski (Iona), Ayo (Iona), Traore
C: Soriano, Ejiofor (KU)

Reaction Score
I still think St Johns is probably in the 5-8 range. Tons of mid major talents and unproven high majors who couldn’t get minutes at their last school. Maybe the Pitino factor gets them up to 3-5, but Marquette/UConn/Providence just have way better rosters.
Tons of talent now for all the pitino haters. They will be a tournament team. He can flat out coach like him or not

Reaction Score
Tons of talent now for all the pitino haters. They will be a tournament team. He can flat out coach like him or not

Plenty of Pitino haters out there. The only way you like him is if he’s coaching your team I mean the guys a piece of crap. But he can coach I think most would agree with that.

No matter we appreciate your interest in UConn basketball don’t be a stranger.

Reaction Score
Signs are now pointing to Kentucky's Lance Ware committing with Providence as soon as today.

Just 9.2 mpg across his three seasons at Kentucky, but Ware was the 44th best prospect of '20. 6'9 235 forward from Camden, NJ.

Reaction Score
I think Naheim was the player Hurley referenced in the middle of the season that was unhappy at Uconn. He made some sort of comment about knowing who may transfer and I thought he was talking about Samson. Some players just think its not them and there is greener pastures elsewhere. We will be ok without him....an Alleyne for David Jones trade would be a fair replacement if we could somehow get him from the portal.

Reaction Score
I think Naheim was the player Hurley referenced in the middle of the season that was unhappy at Uconn. He made some sort of comment about knowing who may transfer and I thought he was talking about Samson. Some players just think its not them and there is greener pastures elsewhere. We will be ok without him....an Alleyne for David Jones trade would be a fair replacement if we could somehow get him from the portal.
I agree, it was Alleyne. But at least it didn't bother him enough to distract from helping out the team. He was a pretty good contributor down the stretch.

Reaction Score
I agree, it was Alleyne. But at least it didn't bother him enough to distract from helping out the team. He was a pretty good contributor down the stretch.
Exactly. No matter what his discontentment was, he minimized it from affecting his play and he was a valuable contributor to winning the national championship. I am pleased that he has a diamond studded national championship ring for his sacrifice. I have nothing but good wishes for Alleyne.

Reaction Score
With the recent St. John's adds here are the latest Torvik 2024 projections:

4 - Marquette
5 - UConn
9 - Creighton
17 - Nova
40 - Xavier
49 - PC
68 - St. John's
69 - SH
90 - Butler
130 - Depaul
158 - Gtown

Reaction Score
Hurley kept running him out there as bad as he was for a long time to begin the season. Kudos to Coach Hurley making it work!!! (& Naheim as well for sticking with it)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom