Big East Transfer Portal Thread | The Boneyard

Big East Transfer Portal Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Rules:
  • Only discussion of players going and leaving Big East teams.
OK, some Big East related transfer news today.
  • Butler's Chuck Harris (10.4p, 2.4a, 2Y remaining) joins Denver Anglin from Georgetown (former #78 recruit of '22, 6.8 mpg) as Big East players transferring to SMU. Since former Georgia State head coach Rob Lanier has taken over the program, SMU has added a ton more portal additions.
  • Creighton's Ben Shtolzberg, the 158th ranked recruit of '22, transferred to UC Santa Barbara, which is consistently one of the best mid-majors in the west. He'll join a talented backcourt featuring incoming junior stud Ajay Mitchell (16.3p, 5.1a), fifth-year returnee and former Temple guard Josh Pierre-Louis (9.5p, 2.4a, 1.3s), sharpshooting junior Cole Anderson (7.3p, 41.5 3p%) and '23 commit Jason Fontenet, who was ranked by 247 as the 22nd ranked CG in the class and held offers from Arizona State, Georgetown and Washington State, among others.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I would like to see a compare/contrast of who Butler lost vs. who Butler added. Next year’s Butler roster might make DePaul look like Kentucky.

Reaction Score
Rules:
  • Only discussion of players going and leaving Big East teams.
OK, some Big East related transfer news today.
  • Butler's Chuck Harris (10.4p, 2.4a, 2Y remaining) joins Denver Anglin from Georgetown (former #78 recruit of '22, 6.8 mpg) as Big East players transferring to SMU. Since former Georgia State head coach Rob Lanier has taken over the program, SMU has added a ton more portal additions.
  • Creighton's Ben Shtolzberg, the 158th ranked recruit of '22, transferred to UC Santa Barbara, which is consistently one of the best mid-majors in the west. He'll join a talented backcourt featuring incoming junior stud Ajay Mitchell (16.3p, 5.1a), fifth-year returnee and former Temple guard Josh Pierre-Louis (9.5p, 2.4a, 1.3s), sharpshooting junior Cole Anderson (7.3p, 41.5 3p%) and '23 commit Jason Fontenet, who was ranked by 247 as the 22nd ranked CG in the class and held offers from Arizona State, Georgetown and Washington State, among others.
So at this point is Creighton down to basically Kalkebrenner and a bunch of walk-ons?

Reaction Score
So at this point is Creighton down to basically Kalkebrenner and a bunch of walk-ons?
Kalkbrenner, Trey Alexander, Mason Miller and Virginia transfer Isaac Traudt (was the 64th ranked prospect of '22) are a nice core.

Kaluma still on the roster, but could go pro. They have three other three-star guys signed too and I guess Scheierman could be back if he opts in.

Reaction Score
Pasted Graphic.png
Pasted Graphic 1.png

Reaction Score
I would like to see a compare/contrast of who Butler lost vs. who Butler added. Next year’s Butler roster might make DePaul look like Kentucky.
Here's a look at Butler's portal additions so far:

• Pierre Brooks 6’6 225 JR from Michigan State, former #68, 3.6p, 14.3 mpg, 32.4 3p%
  • Camren Hunter 6’3 200 JR from Central Arkansas, 16.9p, 5.0r, 3.9a, 1.5s, 31.1 3p%, 3.9 FTA, 78.6 FT%
  • Landon Moore 6’3 200 SO from St. Francis (PA), 13.1p, 2.8r, 3.6a, 36.0 3p% in 30.7 mpg
  • Andre Screen 7’0 251 SR from Bucknell, 11.2p, 5.6r, 1.4a, 1.3b, 62.2 fg%

Reaction Score
I understand Pitino basically cleared out the roster at St Johns and didn't offer them the chance to return. Did Cooley do the same thing at Georgetown or did they all leave on their own?

Reaction Score
Thad Matta has quite the challenge ahead. With Georgetown trending up, hard to see how DePaul and Butler aren't at the bottom of the Big East next season.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Thad Matta has quite the challenge ahead. With Georgetown trending up, hard to see how DePaul and Butler aren't at the bottom of the Big East next season.

Matta strikes me as someone that lost his fastball years ago, knows it, and is afraid to admit it. He looked miserable last season, and that team looks like the 1998 Bulls compared to the roster he has next season. Butler could be terrible.

I like Oden for DePaul. He played against similar competition and Depaul’s roster has only one direction to go.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
How is David Jones transferring? Did Pitino cut him loose?

Reaction Score
Another BE coach with serious challenges ahead: Holloway at Seton Hall. Lost Tyreese Mitchell and Odukele.

I see them above Butler and DePaul, but let's see who wants to play for him (and if NIL is competitive). On the plus side, they do benefit from being in a good metro location, and having a young charismatic coach.

Reaction Score
I missed that Brizzi transferred. So neither Diggins nor Brizzi worked out.
Ya that one caught my eye, too. Remember Nova fans saying only reason we pulled Diggins out of Philly was because they cooled on him and wanted Brizzi...I guess everyone whiffed there

Reaction Score
Kalkbrenner, Trey Alexander, Mason Miller and Virginia transfer Isaac Traudt (was the 64th ranked prospect of '22) are a nice core.

Kaluma still on the roster, but could go pro. They have three other three-star guys signed too and I guess Scheierman could be back if he opts in.
Baylor Scheierman has announced that he’s returning to Creighton.

Reaction Score
I know this isn't transfer news but it looks like Dual recommitted to PC. Nice job by English. He has done a good job stabalizing things after Cooley left a potential disaster in his wake. This conference...

Reaction Score
Not quite transfer portal, but...

It's wild he still had eligibility left.

Damn I had no idea he was eligible for one more year. I thought this was his last year. He already played 5 years of college ball. After seeing he is 24 years old, it makes sense. He wants to make money now.

Reaction Score
I have a bunch of thoughts I’ll share later. But yes we are still in on him. I think things have been prioritized though, and Ashworth is on campus tomorrow for a visit.
Lock him up. His stats are off the chart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom