Big East Transfer Portal Thread v II | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Big East Transfer Portal Thread v II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I had an acquantance maybe 10-15 years ago who is JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUST like FriarJ in real life.

Granted, it was a different time - but were the results much different?

He would go on and on about who they were "in" on, they would NEVER get any of these players - and in many cases they wouldn't even be mentioned on lists
Michael Jordan Lol GIF

Reaction Score
Idk, i thought it would, but then FriarJ comes around telling us about the killer prospect they beat out Sienna and VT for, and it goes back up.
40 minutes or so after someone posts about it....IN AUGUST!...on another schools message board! Next level obsession. I don't know whether to admire his fandom or call the men in the white coats and butterfly nets.

Reaction Score
As much as it's fun to make fun of Providence, Mela seems like the type of kid they should be looking at to fill the back half of their roster. He has decent size, handled the ball in transition a lot, seemed like a decent passer from the videos I've seen, and probably most importantly PC is less than 50 miles from where he's from. He's not a super efficient shooter from 3 yet, but honestly not a lot of 6'6" high school players are.

Reaction Score
Watched a highlight tape of Mela. Seems very slow and looks like he barely even jumps on his jumpshot, so will take years of work before he could be playable at the BE level

Kid definitely isn’t a superstar (as evidenced by his offer list), but he could have success if he fits in English’s system and is coached to play above his ranking like some of our guys were before Hurley started pulling in monster classes. Equally likely he gets “Big East” on his resume for a year or two and then transfers down

I say there’s no harm in picking up a local project, AS LONG AS their staff has some bigger names coming too

Reaction Score
You're on another team's board. What do you expect? How would a UConn fan, even one who was respectful and not talking trash, be treated on the PC board? I'd guess much worse than you're treated here. We feel your hate and we rather enjoy it. :)

FriarJ:
i hate them episode 2 GIF by Star Wars

MJ1

Reaction Score
Georgetown and former UConn forward Akok Akok transfers to West Virginia as a grad transfer.

District-Husky

Casual DC Fan
Reaction Score
You're on another team's board. What do you expect? How would a UConn fan, even one who was respectful and not talking trash, be treated on the PC board? I'd guess much worse than you're treated here. We feel your hate and we rather enjoy it. :)

FriarJ:
i hate them episode 2 GIF by Star Wars
FriarJ is a good dude, though. When he’s not throwing mud his posts are value added.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom