Big East Transfer Portal Thread v II | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Big East Transfer Portal Thread v II

Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Not a fan of his game. When he wants his shot he’s going to take it, good or bad so don’t try to get open he won’t find you.

Pass, unlike him!

I am also not a fan. It felt like he got like 5 of his drives stuffed against SDSU.

Reaction Score
To add to that:

Many local writers think St. John's and Rutgers are the top fits so far.

Ledlum is a really unique player. Strong center of gravity at 6'6 225 (he's probably heavier than that) who can do a little bit of everything but is an exceptional rebounder, strong defender and very efficient scoring inside.

Rumor is he’s a done deal to St. John’s early next week.

caw

Reaction Score
My lord SJU's roster depth right now is hard to keep track of, I think it's:

PG: Jenkins (Iona),
SG: Dingle(Penn), Conway (VMI), Davis (Iona), Wilcher (UNC)
SF: Luis (UMass), Taylor(Oregon St), Alleyne (Vtech/UConn), Ayo (Iona)
PF: Slazinski(Iona), Traore (soph), Dunlap (freshman)
C: Soriano (fifth year), Ejiofor (KU)

If they get Ledlum that puts them at 15 players. That will either be an express train, or a train wreck. I think Ledlum would slot in as the PF starter.

SG: Dingle(Penn), Conway (VMI), Davis (Iona), Wilcher (freshman - UNC commit)
SF: Taylor(Oregon St), Luis (UMass), Alleyne (Vtech/UConn), Ayo (Iona)
PF: Ledlum (Harvard), Slazinski(Iona), Traore (soph), Dunlap (freshman)

Reaction Score

If they get Ledlum that puts them at 15 players. That will either be an express train, or a train wreck. I think Ledlum would slot in as the PF starter.

Rick will make it work, he always does.

Reaction Score

I would expect pitino will be pressing the whole game with all that depth and tire out opponents. Plenty of 3 pointers as well. Will be a tournament team, and do much better than most on this board expect

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I would expect pitino will be pressing the whole game with all that depth and tire out opponents. Plenty of 3 pointers as well. Will be a tournament team, and do much better than most on this board expect
Similar to his 90’s Kentucky teams. As much as I’m not a fan of the Cats, those were fun teams to watch. They scored, pressed full court, shot threes, pressed after misses, shot threes, pressed. It was frantic for 40 min and it worked.

caw

Reaction Score

I imagine that’s what he wants to do. Not sure Soriano is really the best big for it and they don’t have a PG. all healthy their 2-4 is pretty impressive esp if they add Ledlum.

Reaction Score
I imagine that’s what he wants to do. Not sure Soriano is really the best big for it and they don’t have a PG. all healthy their 2-4 is pretty impressive esp if they add Ledlum.
I think the 5 is gonna be tough too with Soriano and Ejiofor. Jenkins likely the starting PG but not sure whether Dingle or Wilcher will step through there as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

caw

Reaction Score
I think the 5 is gonna be tough too with Soriano and Ejiofor. Jenkins likely the starting PG but not sure whether Dingle or Wilcher will step through there as well.

Don't get me wrong. Soriano is great and Ejiofor is likely a solid backup. I was more thinking how Soriano would fit with a pressing, run and gun, jack threes team as the poster mentioned. Soriano is a bit on the slow side for that. Great alternative though if the game does slow down.

Reaction Score
Don't get me wrong. Soriano is great and Ejiofor is likely a solid backup. I was more thinking how Soriano would fit with a pressing, run and gun, jack threes team as the poster mentioned. Soriano is a bit on the slow side for that. Great alternative though if the game does slow down.
I don’t think you’ll see Pitino play entirely run and gun like his early days. I think he’s changed a bit offensively. He does want Soriano capable of hitting threes but most likely more like UConn utilizes the bigs and allows them to take shots on perimeter.

Reaction Score
I've been relegating St.John's to the middle of the heap in the Big East this year but I was basing it on last year's team, coach and name on Jersey. This year's team is completely different and can't see any reason why they can't finish top 3 in conference.

With so much fluctuation in CBB it's gonna be futile to try and set a preseason top 25 with any accuracy.

Reaction Score
This St. John’s team is going to be a frustrating headache to play. Not necessarily a great team, but a headache with their depth.

Reaction Score
I like Naheim but if he stayed we wouldn‘t have gotten Spencer who I believe is a better option

Agree here and I think Alleyne was a wonderful impact piece the 2nd half of the year. I wanted to him to stay without the knowledge of a player like Spencer being available to us early on.

Spencer, based on consistency, could end up being as valuable to this team as Hawk was last year. Doesn’t make him a first round pick or even an NBA player ever. Just his game is really valuable in the college world. Can’t wait to see the chemistry on this young team.

Reaction Score
Agree here and I think Alleyne was a wonderful impact piece the 2nd half of the year. I wanted to him to stay without the knowledge of a player like Spencer being available to us early on.

Spencer, based on consistency, could end up being as valuable to this team as Hawk was last year. Doesn’t make him a first round pick or even an NBA player ever. Just his game is really valuable in the college world. Can’t wait to see the chemistry on this young team.
I expect Cam to have as much impact in the locker room as he will on the floor.. Will provide veteran leadership for a young team.. Excellent addition..

Reaction Score
Pitino will win, but he still has to wake up each day as Rick Pitino. Everything comes with a downside. If he can go through life without ruminating on how many people he has screwed over, then good for him, I guess. Of course he has guys who will stand up for him, but even they end up on the other side sometimes.

Reaction Score
Pitino will win, but he still has to wake up each day as Rick Pitino. Everything comes with a downside. If he can go through life without ruminating on how many people he has screwed over, then good for him, I guess. Of course he has guys who will stand up for him, but even they end up on the other side sometimes.
I'm sure he's just fine waking up each day as Rick Pitino. He's helped far more people than he's hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wesw1963

Top Bottom