Big East Transfer Portal Thread v II | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Big East Transfer Portal Thread v II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I guess I don't find adding 10 mid-major transfers that impressive. Soriano is till the best player on a team that hasn't won anything in years.

Reaction Score
No, they got Ledlum, who transferred from Harvard to Tennessee for about a month and then to St. John’s.

I wonder why hurley came up in the tweet though

Reaction Score
Ledlum/soriano is really an awesome frontcourt and they have a ton of dept there, the kansas kid has NBA potential (I said potential, still has long long way to go). Dingle is awesome too, if wilcher can play or they can figure out a good PG this team should compete for the big east i think

Reaction Score
Pitino has put together a roster with the best guys money(NIL) can buy.. He must be getting close to running out of numbers for jerseys.. Jk

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Wilcher should be pretty good for Pitino. Lucky pickup with him backing out from UNC late.

If there’s one thing g Pitino can do it’s coach the hell out of some guards.

Reaction Score
I've been relegating St.John's to the middle of the heap in the Big East this year but I was basing it on last year's team, coach and name on Jersey. This year's team is completely different and can't see any reason why they can't finish top 3 in conference.

With so much fluctuation in CBB it's gonna be futile to try and set a preseason top 25 with any accuracy.
Pitino wasn’t brought in to maintain the status quo.

Reaction Score
Pitino has put together a roster with the best guys money(NIL) can buy.. He must be getting close to running out of numbers for jerseys.. Jk
43ee76c2-f741-4d3d-87bf-83c3e837c517_text.gif

Reaction Score
Looking for a new school in July can’t be easy

Must be this Summer's addition to the "screwed over" list, but glad to see he was able to find a team........and so quickly.

caw

Reaction Score
Must be this Summer's addition to the "screwed over" list, but glad to see he was able to find a team........and so quickly.

Does WVU have any fifth year guys who may want more PT? I hear the Vols have some available.

Best three team deal of the summer?

Reaction Score
I'm sure he's just fine waking up each day as Rick Pitino. He's helped far more people than he's hurt.
So if you help people it is ok to hurt some along the way? I wonder what Mrs Pitino thinks.

Reaction Score
The additions that Pitino made after the early commitment from Alleyne are ridiculous. I mean he needed players but the minutes he expected when he signed originally are now way down. I feel real bad for him!

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
The additions that Pitino made after the early commitment from Alleyne are ridiculous. I mean he needed players but the minutes he expected when he signed originally are now way down. I feel real bad for him!
The grass ain't always greener and the water doesn't always taste sweeter on the other side. I feel he got bad advice at joining Pitino - he is known to not really care about his players, only the outcome.

Reaction Score
So if you help people it is ok to hurt some along the way? I wonder what Mrs Pitino thinks.
Mrs. Pitino is still with him, they've been married for nearly 50 years. That's between them, I'm not the morality police.

Reaction Score
The grass ain't always greener and the water doesn't always taste sweeter on the other side. I feel he got bad advice at joining Pitino - he is known to not really care about his players, only the outcome.
Uh, that is not true at all. All his former players love him. Slazinski thanked Pitino a few days ago for being honest with him the whole time on Instagram. In addition, Pitino had to fill an entire roster. If it were UConn recruiting good players even later in the year, not a single fan on these boards would be virtue signaling about anybody on the team getting recruited over. Uconn signed 4 guard/wings this year. Isn’t that recruiting over Alleyne too?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No, they got Ledlum, who transferred from Harvard to Tennessee for about a month and then to St. John’s.
How is that even possible? Assuming he’s a grad transfer, but can they just transfer as often as they want?

Reaction Score
Uh, that is not true at all. All his former players love him. Slazinski thanked Pitino a few days ago for being honest with him the whole time on Instagram. In addition, Pitino had to fill an entire roster. If it were UConn recruiting good players even later in the year, not a single fan on these boards would be virtue signaling about anybody on the team getting recruited over. Uconn signed 4 guard/wings this year. Isn’t that recruiting over Alleyne too?
Virtue singling is not something we have to do here. It does follow Pitino everywhere he goes. I will say "the dude can coach"- but lets not kid ourselves about who we are talking about.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I'm not sure this is an apples to apples comparison.

We recruited Alleyne to be a component in a program looking to move from consistent to few on their conference/NCAA tournament participant to a team that could make a run at the title (a run which they completed).

I can only imagine that Alleyne was recruited to St John's with the promise of starting and considerable minutes (really, why the hell else would someone with his track record go there?).

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
What Alleyne wants in terms of a role this year isn’t available here. Unfortunately it seems like it’s likely no longer available at St. John’s.

Reaction Score
I'm not sure this is an apples to apples comparison.

We recruited Alleyne to be a component in a program looking to move from consistent to few on their conference/NCAA tournament participant to a team that could make a run at the title (a run which they completed).

I can only imagine that Alleyne was recruited to St John's with the promise of starting and considerable minutes (really, why the hell else would someone with his track record go there?).
You're not promised anything at this level of basketball. Alleyne has jumped around which is his decision, it worked out well for him transferring to UConn and he wanted a new opportunity. He'll be fighting for playing time at St. John's just like he did at UConn and Virginia Tech.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom