Big East Comings and Goings | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Big East Comings and Goings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Did this kid sign an NLI? Sounds like the staff decided they didn't want him from this comment. Strange.

“The relationship and communication between me, my parents and the coaching staff changed,” Essandoko said. “I was supposed to enroll early in January, but it didn’t happen, so I think it was the best choice for me as a student-athlete.”
According to PC fans he didn’t qualify academically.

Reaction Score
Damn, that's too bad. Maybe it's best PC and this guy went separate ways.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Interesting to see what Freemantle decides. Seemed like they had a similar situation to UConn where Freemantle and Nunge were both too good to bench but also couldn't really play together

They were very good together. Jones, Nunge and Freemantle give Xavier the best top 3 returning of any team in the Big East. Weird that Odom left, but Xavier looks like a solid tournament team already.

Reaction Score
Great pickup for Butler, especially considering how bad they were from three (30.5%, 333rd in the nation).

Ali Ali will help stretch the floor for Butler (career 37.4 3p%) while also showing an ability to score inside (70% attempts are inside the arc, plus 3.9 ftas last season). 2.6 assists/game too. Seems like a versatile offensive piece. Indiana kid.

13.9 ppg last season. Should start right away for them at the 4.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Not sure this is good for Xavier. Kunkel can really suck when he is off from outside. Xavier is good enough that they don’t need this guy launching contested 25 footers.

Reaction Score
Not sure this is good for Xavier. Kunkel can really suck when he is off from outside. Xavier is good enough that they don’t need this guy launching contested 25 footers.
Can never have too many shooters. Despite his issues, I've seen him hit game winning shots. And he opens up the court.

Reaction Score
Devin Carter liked this earlier today.

Wouldn’t be surprised if both Hopkins and Carter announce their commitment to PC this week

Reaction Score
Bryce Golden will take his grad transfer year at Loyola-Chicago.

Thanks to a whopping SIX grad transfers on their team last year, the Ramblers were 48th nationally in roster continuity.

However, for 22-23, they'll be rebuilding on fly. Their production at the 5 was underwhelming, especially after four years of excellent from Cameron Krutwig. Golden is a solid piece to plug in that spot.

Reaction Score
To reply to someone saying you’re staying, to let them know you’re not, all while they said your staying from a video of you saying you’re staying is WILD . Social media + young adults is hilarious.
I thought it was incredible that he responded “don’t believe everything you hear” to comments he made himself. Pretty funny stuff.

Reaction Score

I forget if this was posted already and I think this may have been known for some time, but looks like Jared Rhoden also will not be using his extra year of eligibility and will go pro.

Reaction Score

I forget if this was posted already and I think this may have been known for some time, but looks like Jared Rhoden also will not be using his extra year of eligibility and will go pro.

Wow, this line from the article really paints a bleak picture:

Rhoden leaves Seton Hall along with several other key players from this year’s team, including Aiken, Myles Cale, Alexis Yetna and Ike Obiagu.

Believe that is 5 of their 6 main rotation players leaving. They still have some solid pieces to work with Jamir Harris, Tyrese Samuel, Tray Jackson and Kadary but Aiken / Cale / and Rhoden were the featured guys this season and the front court is a clear area of weakness for them now.

Reaction Score

Lots of turnover in Providence this year. Had a ton of seniors on the team last year. I believe Watson, Reeves, Minaya, Durham, Horchler all not returning. They have been linked to a couple players in the portal that i’ve seen (Devin Carter and Noah Locke, i’m sure there’s more that i’m missing)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom