Big East Comings and Goings | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Big East Comings and Goings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
With an agent so he's gone. All 5 starters gone (except Bynum was basically a starter and he's back).
I think you can hire an agent now and still go back. From an SI article from 2019: "Under the new rules adopted by the NCAA's board of governors and Division I board of directors, college players are allowed to be represented by agents who are certified by the NBPA and NCAA (the agents must become NCAA-certified no later than Aug. 1, 2020) after any season, so long as they request an 'evaluation from the NBA Undergraduate Advisory Committee.' They must end the relationship if they return to school."

Reaction Score
I think you can hire an agent now and still go back. From an SI article from 2019: "Under the new rules adopted by the NCAA's board of governors and Division I board of directors, college players are allowed to be represented by agents who are certified by the NBPA and NCAA (the agents must become NCAA-certified no later than Aug. 1, 2020) after any season, so long as they request an 'evaluation from the NBA Undergraduate Advisory Committee.' They must end the relationship if they return to school."
This is correct that there are certain NCAA certified agents you can sign with, but it looks like Reeves already said his goodbye on instagram and isn’t coming back.

Reaction Score
It seems like very few do this, because you can only use certain agents that are certified (looks like 48 of them are certified), and the agents don't like it for a bunch of reasons.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
PC fans on Twitter are hilarious. Talked about Reeves like he was the best PG in America all season and now they’re killing him for leaving college after 4 years. What a nice bunch

Reaction Score
Will patiently wait for a PC fan to explain why this is good, actually.
Not good but they'll be a threat in the Big East next year. Looking like they could end up with Devin Carter, Noah Locke, and Bryce Hopkins which would be a really good haul for them

Reaction Score
PC fans on Twitter are hilarious. Talked about Reeves like he was the best PG in America all season and now they’re killing him for leaving college after 4 years. What a nice bunch
Reeves is a shooting guard and wasn't one of their best players. What's the point of you making this up about Providence fans?

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Not good but they'll be a threat in the Big East next year. Looking like they could end up with Devin Carter, Noah Locke, and Bryce Hopkins which would be a really good haul for them
So they are a hypothetically good team if he can get three starters to transfer in? Not exactly ideal to sustain any progress they made this year on the national scene.

Reaction Score
Lots of turnover in Providence this year. Had a ton of seniors on the team last year. I believe Watson, Reeves, Minaya, Durham, Horchler all not returning. They have been linked to a couple players in the portal that i’ve seen (Devin Carter and Noah Locke, i’m sure there’s more that i’m missing)

Thought I saw Horchler coming back?

Reaction Score
So they are a hypothetically good team if he can get three starters to transfer in? Not exactly ideal to sustain any progress they made this year on the national scene.
Not ideal and not how I'd want to be operating as a head coach, but Ed Cooley does well with transfers. Durham, Horchler, Minaya are transfers they're losing but have Bynum, Crosswell, Goodine all who were transfers coming back. For some reason Cooley does really well building teams that way

Reaction Score
not really all that different than what all of us here think we need to do to be a 'hypothetically' good team next year... it's the new landscape of college basketball. Judge rosters in August, not April.

Reaction Score
Whenever I expect PC to suck, they seem to defy expectations and whenever they are highly rated early on, they seem to underwhelm. So I guess they'll be good next year.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Whenever I expect PC to suck, they seem to defy expectations and whenever they are highly rated early on, they seem to underwhelm. So I guess they'll be good next year.
Considering they’ve been “good” like two times in their history, dare I say this is recency bias.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
My uninformed take, a whole hell of a lot of these guys have no shot of being drafted. Maybe G league or Europe. I get they may be done with college but I hope they have realistic expectations.

Reaction Score
How many do we need to transfer in to be good?

Reaction Score
My uninformed take, a whole hell of a lot of these guys have no shot of being drafted. Maybe G league or Europe. I get they may be done with college but I hope they have realistic expectations.
I think a lot of kids know Europe is the next step. We mentored 3 kids - one that just wants to play at the next level and has a chance and he's realistic. The second was thinking overseas all along (all-SoCon 6'7 big) and another A-10 kid wasn't realistic (thinking he'd go first or 2nd round as 23 year old short combo (mom & dad drove that I believe).

So they take all the chances they can get for exposure and basketball is their vocation in life so why turn anything down is prob the mindset.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I don't really follow high school recruiting, just basing this on your board's moaning about how Cooley needed to get a new staff just a year ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GirlBoo1020

Top Bottom