Big East Comings and Goings | Page 15 | The Boneyard

Big East Comings and Goings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Weston was touted as their highest ranked recruit since Whitehead but got derailed by an ACL injury his senior year. He had said he was staying at SHU when Shaheen was hired. His primary recruiter is now coaching at Rhode Island.

Reaction Score
With Ward going to LSU and adding Heath/Spears, Georgetown's roster is starting to fill out:

Guards with PG potential:
Dante Harris, JR, 11.9p,
Jay Heath, SR, 10.6p, 43 3p%, transfer from Arizona State
Amir Spears, SO, 12.7p, transfer from Duquesne
Denver Anglin, FR, #82 '22 recruit

Wings/Forwards
Brandon Murray, SO, 10p, transfer from LSU
Wayne Bristol, SR, 12.5p, transfer from Howard
Jordan Riley, SO, former #147
D'Ante Bass, FR, #252 '22 recruit

Bigs
Ryan Mutombo, SO, 5.1p, former #84
Malcolm Wilson, SR, 2.5p

They're still thin on 4s and bigs, but the situation doesn't look as dire as it did a few weeks ago. I'm assuming Mohammed is gone, but if he's back, Ewing can run some interesting 4 out offenses with Mohammed at the 4.

Reaction Score
St. John’s message board is making a big deal about landing Illinois transfer Cubello and DePaul transfer David Jones.

Will either of these transfers make a difference for the Johnnies ?

Reaction Score
St. John’s message board is making a big deal about landing Illinois transfer Cubello and DePaul transfer David Jones.

Yes, David Jones is really good. Curbelo has a lot of talent but had concussions and was really bad last season.

Reaction Score
This is on Hurley! He's officially on the hot seat, how dare he...

OH! Oh, wait... This is happening to everyone... And is actually worse for other Big East programs. Well I guess things aren't as bad as I thought!
Except that I think most people who are upset about the transfers care more about the 2 guys who left who didn't get any minutes (Floyd) or very little minutes (Diggins).

Reaction Score
Except that I think most people who are upset about the transfers care more about the 2 guys who left who didn't get any minutes (Floyd) or very little minutes (Diggins).
Floyd I get because I think he would have been useful this year, but that's exactly the point with Diggins. Everyone is getting upset about losing a guy who couldn't get any minutes last year despite a massive need at his position

Reaction Score

Perfect fit for St. John's.

IMO, David Jones was the most underrated player in the Big East...he does a little bit of everything.

I just want to see more consistent production in conference play (except for when he plays us).

Reaction Score

Posh and Curbelo will be hell on the defensive end you better have good ball handlers. Jones is really good but does he replace Champagnie? They’ll be tough no doubt.

Reaction Score
They're going to be literally the worst 3pt shooting team in the country next season. All you have to do is put 5 guys in the paint and then watch them shoot 2/25 from 3.
Excellent point.

The 3p% of their returnees + Curbelo + Jones is 29.2% (111-380).

Their offensive is predicated by causing TOs (33rd in nation) and pushing the pace (1st in the nation), so as long as their shooting is poor, their halfcourt offense will be below average-to-bad, thus limiting their potential in March.

Reaction Score

With Posh heading to UConn the Johnnies NEEEDED to land a guy like curbello, he should be able to keep them in the hunt after losing Champagnie and Posh this past season

Reaction Score
Might not be a poular opinion but not a big fan of direct in-conference transfers. I get that student-athlete should have the freedom to go where they want just doesn't sit well.

I know some creep coaches in the past made it difficult on kids limiting their options to transfer, but there are so many options outside of own conference. I wouldn't feel good about UConn taking a stud transfer from DePaul or G'Town unless there was another stop in between.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Floyd I get because I think he would have been useful this year, but that's exactly the point with Diggins. Everyone is getting upset about losing a guy who couldn't get any minutes last year despite a massive need at his position
Maybe more upset about recruiting guys who he thought were really good and didn't come close to panning out

Reaction Score

Villanova now with two straight seasons two starters return for their fifth year.

If Justin Moore is ready for opening day, they'll return four starters. The only question is who will start at PG.

Reaction Score
It will be interesting to see if Villanova will start a higher variance guy like Brizzi (redshirt freshman) or Armstrong (incoming freshman) at PG, or the dependable but low ceiling Chris Archidiacano (spelling?).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom