Big East Comings and Goings | Page 17 | The Boneyard

Big East Comings and Goings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Creighton is my preseason #1 in the country if they land Baylor. National media will still have UNC, UK, and Arkansas above them though. But damn that team is gonna be a mismatch all over the place

Reaction Score
nova has 1 healthy starter returning and didnt play anyone off their bench. i'm putting us second.
Slater and Dixon are both back, and Daniels played 28 minutes a game so didn't start but was a significant contributor. I'd definitely have them second right now

Reaction Score
Slater and Dixon are both back, and Daniels played 28 minutes a game so didn't start but was a significant contributor. I'd definitely have them second right now
oh yeah i got daniels mixed up thought he was the one who got injured. who's their PG?

PG / Daniels / Whitmore / Slater / Dixon v. Newton / Alleyne / Hawkins / AJ / Sanogo

unless they have a really good PG coming in i like us in 3 or 4 of those matchups

Last edited:

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Baylor Scheierman announcing tomorrow morning.

It’s gonna be us (CU)
Wow. Who opened up their pockets for you guys? Heard there was a massive bidding war for him.

Reaction Score
Yep, Daniels was basically a starter and Whitmore is nasty. They have all the talent but it remains to be seen how they'll do post Wright and post Gillespie running things.

Reaction Score
oh yeah i got daniels mixed up thought he was the one who got injured. who's their PG?

PG / Daniels / Whitmore / Slater / Dixon v. Newton / Alleyne / Hawkins / AJ / Sanogo

unless they have a really good PG coming in i like us in 3 or 4 of those matchups
Either Brizzi or freshman Armstrong.

Reaction Score

I think we'll be really good and should have some good games. Jay Wright being gone could change things but for me I have a hard time predicting us ahead of them until we do it once.

PG is the question mark but with all the shooting and wing players they have Arcidiacano and Brizzi should be able to run the offense

Reaction Score
Wow. Who opened up their pockets for you guys? Heard there was a massive bidding war for him.

I guess Mike Miller's son might go to a walk-on to make the scholarships work too. Insane expectations in Omaha if this happens tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Creighton is my preseason #1 in the country if they land Baylor. National media will still have UNC, UK, and Arkansas above them though. But damn that team is gonna be a mismatch all over the place

With NIL it’s nice to have Mike Miller$ $on on the team. I mean good for Creighton this kid can play in a huge way.

Reaction Score
With Ward going to LSU and adding Heath/Spears, Georgetown's roster is starting to fill out:

Guards with PG potential:
Dante Harris, JR, 11.9p,
Jay Heath, SR, 10.6p, 43 3p%, transfer from Arizona State
Amir Spears, SO, 12.7p, transfer from Duquesne
Denver Anglin, FR, #82 '22 recruit

Wings/Forwards
Brandon Murray, SO, 10p, transfer from LSU
Wayne Bristol, SR, 12.5p, transfer from Howard
Jordan Riley, SO, former #147
D'Ante Bass, FR, #252 '22 recruit

Bigs
Ryan Mutombo, SO, 5.1p, former #84
Malcolm Wilson, SR, 2.5p

They're still thin on 4s and bigs, but the situation doesn't look as dire as it did a few weeks ago. I'm assuming Mohammed is gone, but if he's back, Ewing can run some interesting 4 out offenses with Mohammed at the 4.
Over the weekend, Georgetown was thin at the 4, but the Hoyas finally fill their two-year need for a real four by adding Akok.

Some solid and creative rotations can be filled by this roster:

Dante Harris, JR, 11.9p,

Wings/Forwards
Akok Akok, SR, transfer from UConn

Bigs
Malcolm Wilson, SR,

I still think Georgetown is a bottom third BE team along with Butler and DePaul but they’d be at least as good as DePaul was last year: competitive despite its poor conference record.

Reaction Score
Over the weekend, Georgetown was thin at the 4, but the Hoyas finally fill their two-year need for a real four by adding Akok.

Some solid and creative rotations can be filled by this roster:

Dante Harris, JR, 11.9p,

Wings/Forwards
Akok Akok, SR, transfer from UConn

Bigs
Malcolm Wilson, SR,

I still think Georgetown is a bottom third BE team along with Butler and DePaul but they’d be at least as good as DePaul was last year: competitive despite its poor conference record.

They got better no doubt. All new team through and Ewing has trouble with chemistry it would seem so who knows.

Akok for Carey even trade? I’m in

Reaction Score
What's cool is Scheierman grew up in Aurora, NE, just two hours from Omaha. I'm sure he's super pumped to finish his career at the best basketball school in his home state.

Reaction Score

It's official. Creighton should be Top 5 preseason easy.

Just put a couple dollars on them to win the National Championship. Still good odds at 30-to-1.

Wow it's official. That's a great acquisition for Creighton and McDermott. This is great for the Big East.

I hope UConn doesn't have to wait another after next year to get a win vs Creighton :(

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Not that anyone here bets or anything but we are still 50-1 to win it on DK and 40-1 on Caesars.

I don’t know if anyone here wants to dirty themselves enough to bet it but I thought I would throw it out there.
No thanks on the National Championship with these prices.

Creighton replaces Hawkins/O'Connell (144 3PM) with Scheierman/Farabello (121/3PM). Scheierman shot at a higher clip against bad competition. Farabello played against great competition @ TCU. I think TCU will miss Farabello if they don't land Adam Miler. In my opinion a healthy Adam Miller is better than both Farabello and Scheierman. Questionable if that will be the case though with Miller coming off ACL.

Scheierman shot 8-26 against Power 5 teams last year ( I think). Closer to 30% with a big donut 0-7 vs Alabama. Agents do what agents do. These stats no one mentions. Just drink the Kool-aide. Scheierman is a poor defender so what he does to improve Creighton's offensive efficiency (112 KP) last year he will give some of it right back on the defensive end. He is not ranked in the top 60 right now of the players who put their names in the draft. If not mistaken he is 71 which probably would not equal a combine invite. Right?

Kaluma was a poor shooter last year but clearly has the potential to break out and win BE Player of the year. So much raw talent. It will be interesting to see how Baylor and Kaluma co-exist. I really think Creighton is a year away if they return everyone in 2023-24 from being considered the title favorite. I think Arthur will be long gone though. He is ready to break out.

Rumor has it BS agent really wanted Kentucky. Kentucky didn't think he was worth it.

Scheierman is good but maybe pump the brakes? People act like he is going to be a 50/40/90 player at Creighton. Looks like more of a 46/37/83 player. Creighton lost 2 key players.

I am thinking a #3 seed/Sweet 16 and than getting bounced before the Regional Final. Depending on OOC schedule they could still see an AP #1 ranking at some point.

What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Creighton replaces Hawkins/O'Connell (144 3PM) with Scheierman/Farabello (121/3PM). Scheierman shot at a higher clip against bad competition. Farabello played against great competition @ TCU. I think TCU will miss Farabello if they don't land Adam Miler. In my opinion a healthy Adam Miller is better than both Farabello and Scheierman. Questionable if that will be the case though with Miller coming off ACL.

Scheierman shot 8-26 against Power 5 teams last year ( I think). Closer to 30% with a big donut 0-7 vs Alabama. Agents do what agents do. These stats no one mentions. Just drink the Kool-aide. Scheierman is a poor defender so what he does to improve Creighton's offensive efficiency (112 KP) last year he will give some of it right back on the defensive end. He is not ranked in the top 60 right now of the players who put their names in the draft. If not mistaken he is 71 which probably would not equal a combine invite. Right?

Kaluma was a poor shooter last year but clearly has the potential to break out and win BE Player of the year. So much raw talent. It will be interesting to see how Baylor and Kaluma co-exist. I really think Creighton is a year away if they return everyone in 2023-24 from being considered the title favorite. I think Arthur will be long gone though. He is ready to break out.

Rumor has it BS agent really wanted Kentucky. Kentucky didn't think he was worth it.

Scheierman is good but maybe pump the brakes? People act like he is going to be a 50/40/90 player at Creighton. Looks like more of a 46/37/83 player. Creighton lost 2 key players.

I am thinking a #3 seed/Sweet 16 and than getting bounced before the Regional Final. Depending on OOC schedule they could still see an AP #1 ranking at some point.

What are your thoughts?
You say you can see them being ranked #1 but 40/50-1 isn't a fair price??

Reaction Score
Big East hauls according to Stadium's Top 75 Transfers

Incoming and/or staying in conference:

#4 - Scheierman to Creighton
#11 - Jones to St. John's
#13 - Murray to Georgetown
#17 - Newton to UConn
#20 - Curbelo to St. John's
#22 - Hopkins to Providence
#30 - Boum to Xavier
#63 - Carter to Providence
#68 - Ali to Butler
#83 - Alleyne to UConn
#92 - Locke to Providence

NR -

Dre Davis to Seton Hall
Jalen Thomas to Butler
Corey Floyd to Providence
Clifton Moore to Providence
Francisco Farabello to Creighton
Zach Wright to Marquette
Jay Heath to Georgetown
Wayne Bristol to Georgetown
Akok Akok to Georgetown
Amir Spears to Georgetown

Reaction Score

What are your thoughts?
Scheierman vs PC in the NCAAT: 18 points, 3 assists, 10 boards, 3/8 from 3. He shot 46% (!) from 3, I don't care if that's against glorified HS teams, if he is open he will make a 3 more than not -- and he will be open on a relatively stacked Creighton team. Not only that, he played the 1, 3 and 4 for SDSU -- versatility is such a weapon in itself. Him being able to spell Nembhard will be an underrated aspect of his game...

You're crazy if you don't think Creighton isn't the Big East pre-season favorite and a pre-season top 10 team.

Reaction Score
Not sure why you would say "No thanks" to Creighton at 50-to-1 odds. They have dropped down to 24-to-1 as of this moment. Guessing the odds will continue to drop from there as well.

It's completely understandable to not be as high on Creighton as some of the other posters on this board, but turning down 50-to-1 odds on a team that you yourself have predicted will be a Top 12 team at season's end and that could be #1 in the AP Poll at some point in the season seems pretty foolish.

For comparisons sake, Houston has the best odds to win the Championship at 9.5-to-1, followed by UK, UNC, and Duke at 12-to-1. If Creighton ends up being anywhere close to Top 5 team this year, 50-to-1 odds would be a steal.

Reaction Score

What are your thoughts?

You're cheering picking stats here. Scheirman had 10pts, 18rebs, and 6assists against Alabama. Impressive that he was able to have that line without hitting threes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom