Big East Comings and Goings | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Big East Comings and Goings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know this might have been posted already but I cant go back 15 pages.

Wong threatens to leave Miami unless the unofficial boosters (maybe the pro gator wrastlin' guys) throw some NIL money his way:

What a complete and utter joke.
I mean Wong led them to the elite 8 and then they bring in another guy and make it very public that he's getting $400k in endorsements while Wong is sitting at $100k. How would you feel if something similar happened to you your job? I don't think Wong wanted this stuff public but it's within his rights to do what's best for him monetarily.

Reaction Score
I mean Wong led them to the elite 8 and then they bring in another guy and make it very public that he's getting $400k in endorsements while Wong is sitting at $100k. How would you feel if something similar happened to you your job? I don't think Wong wanted this stuff public but it's within his rights to do what's best for him monetarily.
Maybe learn to negotiate better in the first place…good life lesson for him.

Reaction Score
I know this might have been posted already but I cant go back 15 pages.

Wong threatens to leave Miami unless the unofficial boosters (maybe the pro gator wrastlin' guys) throw some NIL money his way:

What a complete and utter joke.
There was a lot of talk about this in this thread. Starts near the bottom of page 5.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Nothing wrong with what Wong did, that’s just the landscape now. Though the conversation should have prob happened in private & he made his decision privately versus this whole ordeal it became
Sure. And if you are Miami you have a very serious talk with LifeWallet about not publicizing these NIL deals because they will cause jealousy and situations like this. That's who screwed up and caused the problem.

Reaction Score
Doing so after signing an NIL, isn't in the first place...
sounds like he signed it for 2021, then exceeded expectations, and now is looking for more? that's what every person should do with every job you have hahah what is the issue here? if they don't wanna pay him more than sounds like he's got other options, so no love lost. but he's got to just take the same deal he had last year even though he certainly exceeded the value of it? why? especially with someone coming in making 8x more?

Reaction Score
Sure. And if you are Miami you have a very serious talk with LifeWallet about not publicizing these NIL deals because they will cause jealousy and situations like this. That's who screwed up and caused the problem.

im sure these guys discuss it to some degree. the "don't discuss salaries at work" notion is a little outdated.

Reaction Score
sounds like he signed it for 2021, then exceeded expectations, and now is looking for more? that's what every person should do with every job you have hahah what is the issue here? if they don't wanna pay him more than sounds like he's got other options, so no love lost. but he's got to just take the same deal he had last year even though he certainly exceeded the value of it? why? especially with someone coming in making 8x more?

so looks like he's returning to Miami now (could still leave for nba but out of transfer portal), honouring the deal, and the company he signed with is looking for additional companies to pay him. So looks like it worked and they were all adults about it. Amazing stuff.

Reaction Score
Nothing wrong with what he's doing.

But you responded to aburks saying isn't this what he's doing? Aburks said he should have negotiated better in the first place...

So no it's not what aburks said. He's tried to renegotiate after a successful season.

Reaction Score
Nothing wrong with what he's doing.

But you responded to aburks saying isn't this what he's doing? Aburks said he should have negotiated better in the first place...

So no it's not what aburks said. He's tried to renegotiate after a successful season.

maybe poor phrasing on my end but i guess my point is what was he supposed to do? "pay me more for 2022 because we are definitely going to make an elite 8 this year, trust me?". he took the best deal he was offered and now he is worth more so both sides are going to try and help him get it.

Reaction Score
It wasn't a case where he exceeded expectations, he signed the deal on April 12 and then 2 weeks later went back asking for more when someone signed a better deal

Reaction Score
It wasn't a case where he exceeded expectations, he signed the deal on April 12 and then 2 weeks later went back asking for more when someone signed a better deal

okay that def adds some context

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

His agent literally went to ESPN to make the threat.

Reaction Score
Nice get for Xavier. Finally get a PG.

Wow, with that addition X now looks like a top 30 team.

**Way too Early 2022-2023 Big East projected rankings (potential tourney teams listed above the line):

Creighton
Villanova
UConn
Xavier
Providence
Marquette
St John's
-----------
Butler
Seton Hall
DePaul
Georgetown

Reaction Score
Not that anyone here bets or anything but we are still 50-1 to win it on DK and 40-1 on Caesars.

I don’t know if anyone here wants to dirty themselves enough to bet it but I thought I would throw it out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom