Big East Comings and Goings | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Big East Comings and Goings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Big East is going to be a MOVIE next season. Every team has some sort of storyline making them exciting right now

Creighton - Uconn still hasn't beaten them and they bring back a loaded roster, likely a top 15 preseason team
Providence - 15 years ago the providence game was a 'meh' game in the big east taking a back seat to Syracuse, Pitt, Georgetown, etc., but the way last season went, their fan base talking , being a drivable road game, reigning coach of the year, akok and floyd both considering it...this game might be the easiest one of the season to get up for
Villanova - Perenial top dog of the new big east
Seton hall - Hello Holloway! They're already doing pretty well but adding a young Jersey Elite 8 coach is going to 'worst case' help their recruiting, 'best case' this program is on the rise bigtime
Xavier - Sean Miller is BACK! Should be a lot of fun
Butler - Thad Matta, Jon Diebler, Greg Oden, JV Ohio St is going to play hard, even if they are a few years away they will play hard
St. Johns - If somehow, someway Posh DOESNT end up transferring to UConn, that backcourt is going to be so fun to watch with Curbelllo, and even more fun to BEAT
Georgetown - Patrick Ewing is still the coach??? Akok considering? Georgetown will always be a fun old school big east matchup but if they could find a way to win a game, maybe two would be nice to have the old rivalry back
Marquette - Shaka has the boys playing some decent ball. Never an easy game
DePaul - well....depaul's still depaul, but like that's part of the whole storyline, THEY'RE DEPAUL!
St. Johns - If somehow, someway Posh DOESNT end up transferring to UConn,

Please don't get my hopes up like that, LMAO. I would be ecstatic if he came to UConn. I love the energy he brings. He is a disruptive maniac and a menace on the defensive end to opposing ball handlers. Posh, IMO, was the best player on SJU last year.

I know Champagnie got 1st team all BE, but I watched a lot of SJU games, Champagnie was lousy in a lot of games, too. Champagnie or Justin Lewis, probably have the best NBA potential, however.

Reaction Score

Please don't get my hopes up like that, LMAO. I would be ecstatic if he came to UConn. I love the energy he brings. He is a disruptive maniac and a menace on the defensive end to opposing ball handlers. Posh, IMO, was the best player on SJU last year.

I know Champagnie got 1st team all BE, but I watched a lot of SJU games, Champagnie was lousy in a lot of games, too. Champagnie or Justin Lewis, probably have the best NBA potential, however.
lol i feel the same way, guys going to be very very good. He seemed pretty vocally excited when curbello transferred so he either has no plans of leaving St. Johns or is doing an all-time troll job right now. Im not declaring which one until the transfer deadline

Reaction Score

Totally agree. Posh was the heart and soul. Love his game so much. They had 'Nova on the ropes in the BET. They were a fun group. Really like Wheeler, Mathis and the old man body guy with three names are too up and down.

Reaction Score
adding to two points here -

1) Very curious how Croswell plays with the ramp up in minutes. Could remain in a similar role behind Moore when all is said and done due to his foul issues and free throw deficiency. Like the kid as a player but feel like his off the bench energy role suits him best

2) Moore should be a good transition right away. Locke and Carter may take a bit to get adjusted to the physicality. There won’t be much room for them to get acquainted either, right into the fire. If you end up with Hopkins he will have to ramp up FAST

Reaction Score
adding to two points here -

1) Very curious how Croswell plays with the ramp up in minutes. Could remain in a similar role behind Moore when all is said and done due to his foul issues and free throw deficiency. Like the kid as a player but feel like his off the bench energy role suits him best

2) Moore should be a good transition right away. Locke and Carter may take a bit to get adjusted to the physicality. There won’t be much room for them to get acquainted either, right into the fire. If you end up with Hopkins he will have to ramp up FAST
I remember the Mitchell twins from URI wanted no part of Croswell, that game was like tied going into the half and Croswell went on an approximate 10-0 run on them in final 2-3 mins going into the half. Really like him and his physicality. PC killing the portal again. Gonna be a good rivalry and when they get Floyd even hotter a rivalry!

Reaction Score
Moore did play at Indiana tho. So he may be better equipped to contribute right away

Reaction Score
I remember the Mitchell twins from URI wanted no part of Croswell, that game was like tied going into the half and Croswell went on an approximate 10-0 run on them in final 2-3 mins going into the half. Really like him and his physicality. PC killing the portal again. Gonna be a good rivalry and when they get Floyd even hotter a rivalry!
I don't know if enough is being made of the Bryce Hopkins transfer they landed from Kentucky too. Guy was a top 40 recruit last year. He was on Cal all season about how he should be getting more time. Got 62 total minutes in SEC play this year, 16 of those came on 2/23 against LSU. Kentucky was down 8 at halftime and Cal put Hopkins in for the 2nd half and he went off for 13 points, 11 of them in the first 6 min of that half leading Kentucky on a 20-7 run to get kentucky a 5 point lead. Guy got 7 minutes total playing time the rest of the season. The talent is definitely there, so if its a morale/team/personality issue I don't think its anything a fresh start and an Ed Cooley led locker room can't fix. He could be a breakout star for them.

Reaction Score
I don't know if enough is being made of the Bryce Hopkins transfer they landed from Kentucky too. Guy was a top 40 recruit last year. He was on Cal all season about how he should be getting more time. Got 62 total minutes in SEC play this year, 16 of those came on 2/23 against LSU. Kentucky was down 8 at halftime and Cal put Hopkins in for the 2nd half and he went off for 13 points, 11 of them in the first 6 min of that half leading Kentucky on a 20-7 run to get kentucky a 5 point lead. Guy got 7 minutes total playing time the rest of the season. The talent is definitely there, so if its a morale/team/personality issue I don't think its anything a fresh start and an Ed Cooley led locker room can't fix. He could be a breakout star for them.
That's probably because nobody has landed Bryce Hopkins yet. If it happens for PC, they'll definitely be lauded.

Reaction Score
That's probably because nobody has landed Bryce Hopkins yet. If it happens for PC, they'll definitely be lauded.
1650481721547.png

Damn i guess this is the embarrassment i deserve when a dude with 'NFL' in his handle, is the source im listening to

Reaction Score
View attachment 75772

Damn i guess this is the embarrassment i deserve when a dude with 'NFL' in his handle, is the source im listening to
That's funny because I searched Bryce Hopkins on Twitter after your post to see if I missed something and my first thought was not even BillG could be fooled by this tweet could he?

Reaction Score
David Jones to St. John's? Jones commented on Curbelo's instagram post about imagine us playing together on a team. Slater says buy stock now.

Reaction Score
David Jones to St. John's? Jones commented on Curbelo's instagram post about imagine us playing together on a team. Slater says buy stock now.

They are going to be absolutely brutal from 3 next year if this is happening

Reaction Score
Let me see what @S_CharlesNFL has to say about this
Actually that guy people thought was fake Fiscarelli or whatever it was actually called Curbelo to St Johns, so he may be the fake insider you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom