Big East Comings and Goings | Page 12 | The Boneyard

Big East Comings and Goings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Another one that failed reading comprehension. LOL. Presently owns, and yes he’s 1-7 vs Cooley, including the 1 loss at home this past season (insert Sanogo excuse). I said moves were forthcoming and was refuting what the prior poster said. I guess when you’re wearing rose colored glasses, things read a little different. Make sure you’re facing Storrs when you pray for DH tonight.
my comment was clearly limited to the transfer class rankings. after losing all 5 starters PC had bigger holes to fill than us and while you recognized our roster is incomplete you didnt let it stop you from prefacing your post with unripe and unwarranted criticism. i'll keep my rose colored glasses on as long as countless posters here keep trolling.

Reaction Score
You can’t be serious trying to come off that UCONN has done better than Providence overall in the portal thus far - especially with the Hopkins news. There is still time for the dust to settle and I’m sure another move or two is coming for us. It’s pretty clear which coach owns the other presently (insert Pedro Martinez “daddy” line). Hurley 1-7 vs Cooley head to head.

View attachment 75921
Thats quantity tho. They got 4 transfers in. We got two starting guards. We are 5 pts behind them in that ranking system with half of the quantity. Give it time.

Reaction Score
You can’t be serious trying to come off that UCONN has done better than Providence overall in the portal thus far - especially with the Hopkins news. There is still time for the dust to settle and I’m sure another move or two is coming for us. It’s pretty clear which coach owns the other presently (insert Pedro Martinez “daddy” line). Hurley 1-7 vs Cooley head to head.

View attachment 75921
In addition, they needed to replace 4 starters basically with Bynum stepping into the 5th. We needed to get 2. What we are looking for now is a lot different then what they were. I’ll take our starting 5 over them 7 days a week and twice on Sunday. They are going to start two at 6’3 and one at 5’11. Good luck to them defending us.

Reaction Score
How do you go 0-18 in conference and then sign 5*s and high profile transfers?

Reaction Score
In addition, they needed to replace 4 starters basically with Bynum stepping into the 5th. We needed to get 2. What we are looking for now is a lot different then what they were. I’ll take our starting 5 over them 7 days a week and twice on Sunday. They are going to start two at 6’3 and one at 5’11. Good luck to them defending us.
Depth is important with injuries. I think they have us there presently too. Just saw they lost some guy Geeter that hasn’t played yet. I know there is plenty of time - but the quiet gets me anxious. I think their biggest issue won’t be size (they can go bigger at guard situationally), but whether Cooley can get all these new pieces on the same page again - not an easy task.

Reaction Score
Depth is important with injuries. I think they have us there presently too. Just saw they lost some guy Geeter that hasn’t played yet. I know there is plenty of time - but the quiet gets me anxious. I think their biggest issue won’t be size (they can go bigger at guard situationally), but whether Cooley can get all these new pieces on the same page again - not an easy task.
I get it. I do. But Hopkins and Carter for instance probably wouldn’t be starters here. We are filling for different needs. Good names are still hopping in the portal as we speak. Not a race is all

Reaction Score
We've been seeing NIL deals announced for other things. I'm curious if there will be something or if this is regular old fashion duffel dropping.
I'm assuming its all NIL. It seems easy enough to get them the money within the rules that you would have to be really careless to get caught doing something illegal.

Reaction Score

View attachment 75921
You do understand that a significant portion of these rankings is tied to quantity right?

Reaction Score
Georgetown going strong with the hire the coach, get the player approach. Not a great strategy long-term, but they are desperate.
Forgot they hired the Xavier assistant.

BrysonDeMan

Hits Bombs
Reaction Score
Exactly this. You don't get to be a top 35 recruit by accident. Of course there are no givens, but he could as easily be a stud as he could be a bust. Regardless, you have to be happy if you're a PC fan and Cooley has done will with transfers in the past so I trust his track record.

Besides Hopkins, they've landed Devin Carter (South Carolina) and Noah Locke (Florida/Louisville/former UConn target) both of whom everyone on this board would have taken on our squad for this upcoming year. Oh, and Corey Floyd. They also added a 6-10 dude from LaSalle/Indiana who scored in double figures last year. Plus, you saw Cooley's success with transfers this year -- he pretty much built a Big East Champion/Sweet 16 team out of the portal. If that's not owning the Portal, I don't know what is.

I am very pleased with what DH has done so far, but he's losing the arms race in the Portal. Granted, yes, he is losing a lot less than PC did and has better players returning than they do from last year, but that doesn't mean Cooley isn't doing better than him in the Portal. I never said PC is the better team right now, but they're doing better in the Portal. Granted, DH still can make moves (and he will) so I'm not calling it game over by any means.
did they go after any of the same players?
PC has a ton to replace. they needed this mass portal infusion just to be close to what they were last year
i'll wait until fall to make any judgements

Reaction Score
The big east is going to have so much talent next year. Just a matter of how the cream rises to the top. GTOWN can get all 5 stars but at the end of the day they’re still coached by a clown.
Creighton on the other hand should rise to the top. GMac is easily the best coach in the league now with Jay out

Reaction Score
Nickleberry is gonna have some really talented players to work with in Harris, Anglin, Murray, Ward when he takes over as interim coach before Big East conference play
for their sake i hope they do. heck i hope akok goes there too. BE needs gtown to get back to relevance ASAP especially with wright retiring.

Reaction Score
Why are you pretending to be a UConn fan?

Reaction Score
Why are you pretending to be a UConn fan?
I just choose to root for the players vs. coach. Disheartening to see guys from a top ranked recruiting class already gone. We still have holes to fill. Do you think these departures help the recruiting pitch to fill these holes? Nice to show playing time available, but the Floyd Jr. situation is a really bad look.

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
I just choose to root for the players vs. coach. Disheartening to see guys from a top ranked recruiting class already gone. We still have holes to fill. Do you think these departures help the recruiting pitch to fill these holes? Nice to show playing time available, but the Floyd Jr. situation is a really bad look.
Certainly didn’t hurt us with any of the top ranked incoming recruits, or the two top ranked transfers we got, or the top ranked recruit possibly reclassifying to play this year. But aside from that, I get it.

Reaction Score
Two very reputable posters have intimated that there was tampering. So I agree, the Floyd situation is a very bad look...for Providence.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
How do you go 0-18 in conference and then sign 5*s and high profile transfers?
Georgetown is still Georgetown. Elite school, rub elbows with rich and powerful. Beautiful campus. Ewing is still a hall of famer. Two years ago they made a surprise run, so I think the jury is out on whether he can succeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
so1

Top Bottom