Better Call Saul | Page 11 | The Boneyard

Better Call Saul

Reaction Score
It was something how so much is coming together. I'm a bit curious about the timeline however as some things (especially the cleaners) seem to be a bit ahead of where they should be.
I can see this ending in one more season.

We knew the whole Chuck conflict would be one of the great arcs of the series and that seems to have hit its climax/turning point

Next season it's Kim

Reaction Score
Cool will be Walter White cameos etc. I imagine they will have along way.....walking by Jimmy in street kinda thing.

Seeing Jesse again too...see how they met.

Great show.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I can see this ending in one more season.

We knew the whole Chuck conflict would be one of the great arcs of the series and that seems to have hit its climax/turning point

Next season it's Kim
Nah, this will go the full six seasons. Not only does Kim have to be resolved, but Nacho and Tuco have to be resolved as well. The Chuck thing isn't over yet, and the Cinnabon express hasn't reached its destination yet.

Reaction Score
I think they are still supposed to be 4-5yrs before the events of BB, so Jessie is likely 13yrs old & unlikely to appear (GO-Walt was Jessie's Chem teacher in HS = already seen it), then with respect to Laundry/superlab Walter came in when they got new equipment and possibly new underground premises. So it likely operates in a hidden room above ground for awhile. I'm curious if Gale is going to appear as Gus' cook, cuz that actor is playing a 55yr old CFO on Billions, can't see him slumming as a 30yrs old masters in chemistry graduate.
After the court room drama I thought last week's episode was a bit of a disappointing re-shuffle in terms of stalling Jimmy for a year to turn fully into legal Saul. And if I was Howard rather than give Chuck a pep talk, I'd have walked in there with 'save face' sell your half of the firm now or I'm going public with your meltdown and you (Chuck) are finished. They did put a lot of sub-plots back in motion though so it'll be fun to see them bring them all together in a creative way.

Reaction Score
I assume Jesse was selling in HS (disnt he drop out) and getting in trouble and maybe Saul was his lawyer, as I recall Jesse introduced Walt to Saul as the guy they need to go to because "we need a Criminal lawyer".

You are right about Gale.

Reaction Score
I assume Jesse was selling in HS (disnt he drop out) and getting in trouble and maybe Saul was his lawyer, as I recall Jesse introduced Walt to Saul as the guy they need to go to because "we need a Criminal lawyer".

You are right about Gale.
Yeah, Jessie was a stoner in high school and stayed for extra help or something once or twice. Then when Walt goes on the bust with his brother in-law & gets the idea to sell drugs after seeing $$ and Jessie narrowly escape. = Walt knows to approach Jessie for a partnership. Not sure how Jessie 'picked' Saul, but the meeting we saw on BB was the first time Saul formally met either Jessie or Walter White.

Reaction Score
Ok, that may be the case.

I thought based on what Jesse said to Walt that he already knew Saul.

Reaction Score
According to Breaking Bad wiki Jesse was born in September of 1984 and BCS is set in 2002

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
There are a lot of reasons for Kim to dump Jimmy, but is she really going to split over Chuck? If there was anyone that had it coming, it was Chuck.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It does seem a bit strange that their damaging Chuck warrants such guilt while it was done entirely in response to Chuck trying to destroy Jimmy.

When they were in the bar, talking about how to take different people was telling. She's beginning to see a side of him (which due to his financial difficulties is coming to the forefront) that will end up almost justifying Chuck's opinion of Jimmy.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
It does seem a bit strange that their damaging Chuck warrants such guilt while it was done entirely in response to Chuck trying to destroy Jimmy.

When they were in the bar, talking about how to take different people was telling. She's beginning to see a side of him (which due to his financial difficulties is coming to the forefront) that will end up almost justifying Chuck's opinion of Jimmy.

Technically that whole thing started because Chuck and Howard stole Kim's client, Mesa Verde, by pretending Chuck was not completely crazy. Jimmy just stole the client back, in a large part to save Kim. As nasty and unethical as Jimmy's actions were, they were done to help Kim when Kim needed some help.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Technically that whole thing started because Chuck and Howard stole Kim's client, Mesa Verde, by pretending Chuck was not completely crazy. Jimmy just stole the client back, in a large part to save Kim. As nasty and unethical as Jimmy's actions were, they were done to help Kim when Kim needed some help.
I agree and I will add that when Chuck stole Mesa Verde he wasn't living in reality. To him it was a game and he saw bringing that client back to HHM as him winning the game, without any thought that there were other consequences beyond one lawyer won while another lost.

I believe that Kim, due to being overwhelmed with the workload, is now having second thoughts on gaining Mesa Verde and may no longer view getting them back as a client as a positive.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I agree and I will add that when Chuck stole Mesa Verde he wasn't living in reality. To him it was a game and he saw bringing that client back to HHM as him winning the game, without any thought that there were other consequences beyond one lawyer won while another lost.

I believe that Kim, due to being overwhelmed with the workload, is now having second thoughts on gaining Mesa Verde and may no longer view getting them back as a client as a positive.

Agreed. I will stick with my prediction that Kim ends up at a Chuck-free HHM. She is the most appealing character in either Breaking Bad or Better Call Saul, and I do want her to have a happy ending.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
HHW is a possibility.

My guess is that she (knowing it was really intentional) views Jimmy's accidental ratting out of Chuck's condition (and conveniently pointing out that it is in the hearing transcript) to the malpractice insurer as the last straw.

Chuck is the only animosity Mesa Verdi has towards HHM and if his career is over (it most likely is) they might not have a problem if Kim enlists them to assist in a job that is too much for her alone. Bringing in a client of that magnitude could get her a partnership interest in the firm. That said, I think it's 50/50 that she moves on from Albuquerque and starts over somewhere else (I think she's supposed to be from Kansas City, a return there could lead to her accidentally visiting a Cinnabon in Omaha.

Reaction Score
Although Kim has remorse about Chuck, she's still on team Jimmy to the extent that she understands Jimmy's beleaguered condition is a direct result of Chuck constantly berating him. What she is coming to understand is that Chuck caused/triggered/tapped something in Jimmy's nature that now makes his default scamming. Whereas she values hard work & has ethics, Jimmy's coming likely spectacular season-ending $ scams will ultimately be something the chick cannot abide.

I definitely feel a big let down in series following the courtroom confrontation. That was the ultimate moment between the brothers. Jimmy won but not really and what's left is the tragic fallout that leads to the demise of both brothers. Not really relishing viewing that and I'm increasingly antsy to move to Omaha for all-you-can-eat Cinnabons after this season.

Reaction Score
Its interesting with 1 episode left we'll complete the transition from Jimmy to Saul and Mike is part of team Fring. But whereas initially everyone wanted a fun romp of high-jinxs with the criminal lawyer, now that we know 'heart of gold' Jimmy it seems impossible to enjoy Saul's antics defending scum. Yet they have to stay in this time period b/c everyone loves Mike & I think we'd enjoy seeing him carefully cultivate his gang of security operatives.

I think we get one more season and only in the series' very last episode does Cinnabon Gene try to come full circle and find resolution/closure/peace.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Its interesting with 1 episode left we'll complete the transition from Jimmy to Saul and Mike is part of team Fring. But whereas initially everyone wanted a fun romp of high-jinxs with the criminal lawyer, now that we know 'heart of gold' Jimmy it seems impossible to enjoy Saul's antics defending scum. Yet they have to stay in this time period b/c everyone loves Mike & I think we'd enjoy seeing him carefully cultivate his gang of security operatives.

I think we get one more season and only in the series' very last episode does Cinnabon Gene try to come full circle and find resolution/closure/peace.
Be interesting to see what actually breaks Kim. And what ultimately happens to Chuck.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Be interesting to see what actually breaks Kim. And what ultimately happens to Chuck.
I don't believe it was coincidental that if she went off the road a second or two earlier or later her car would have rolled into the ravine and she would have been killed. My guess is she takes it as a wakeup call and abandons the idea of a private practice.

It appears that Chuck is more of the great attorney now than he had been in who knows how long and I'm enjoying his attempted take down of HHM. I am curious (morbidly so, due to Gilligan's track record) as to how things end with Chuck & Howard.

Reaction Score
I don't believe it was coincidental that if she went off the road a second or two earlier or later her car would have rolled into the ravine and she would have been killed. My guess is she takes it as a wakeup call and abandons the idea of a private practice.

It appears that Chuck is more of the great attorney now than he had been in who knows how long and I'm enjoying his attempted take down of HHM. I am curious (morbidly so, due to Gilligan's track record) as to how things end with Chuck & Howard.
That's right, the Chuck v Howard is worthy of a mini-arc and now that we've separated Jimmy and Chuck it can go on independently. That's worth extending into another season. Or I could see Kim and Howard either solving their problems together OR both giving up the ghost and fleeing ABQ and the McGill's forever.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The co-creator was a little evasive in a recent interview when asked about next season. I think it will be renewed, but it is not a lock. Ratings have been poor for this season.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I can see why ratings are off - the pace of the show is just so ridiculously slow.

We're three full seasons in and we haven't even gotten to Saul Goodman.

At this pace, Walter White is 23 seasons away.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I can see why ratings are off - the pace of the show is just so ridiculously slow.

We're three full seasons in and we haven't even gotten to Saul Goodman.

At this pace, Walter White is 23 seasons away.
Actually we did get to a small version of Saul Goodman. It's all good, man.

But yea, as I said before, as all things Gilligan, this is a very slow burn.

Reaction Score
Season finale was good, didn't even notice no Mike until this AM. They took a step fwd on Gus, ahem downward on Chuck (all stuff on him in episode was great), but backwards to nice Jimmy. They are absolutely counting on one more season.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised if this was the last season coming up. My guess is we get two more, but Chuck dying is going to accelerate Jimmy's descent into Saul like nothing that came before.

Reaction Score
I wouldn't be surprised if this was the last season coming up. My guess is we get two more, but Chuck dying is going to accelerate Jimmy's descent into Saul like nothing that came before.
I would think there will be at least two more - the show's supposed to overlap some with Breaking Bad, but we haven't even seen Jimmy become Saul or Gus rise to the top yet. I can't see all of that, plus some Walter/Jesse cameos, plus the afternath of Breaking Bad all being squeezed into one season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom