Better Call Saul | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Better Call Saul

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
So I'm watching Glory last night with Mathew Broderick and Denzel. When the black soldiers finally get out to the field they have words with a white platoon. One of the guys is Hector! I swear the other one is Dennis Eckersley.
Yep, 10th Connecticut Soldier. Mark Margolis has been around it seems per Wiki. He was in Scarface, Cotton Club, Ace Ventura, Black Swan and a bunch of TV shows and even a Madonna video (Bad Girl as a bartender).

Reaction Score
Really liked the episode last night. Nice to see Chuck brought down.
Yep Bravo. They mentioned Perry Mason in the episode, but I was thinking about;
The Godfather: Colangelo recants after seeing his brother for sake of family, Chuck instead doubles down & brings down family
A Few Good Men: Chuck in Colonel Jessup mode admits to needing Jimmy dis-barred for a lifetime of transgressions. Like the discharged soldiers, Jimmy's victory comes at a cost and though Chuck isn't led off in shackles, I think he & possibly HHM cannot recover from this

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It was Frank Pentangeli but beyond that excellent points. I would like to add Captain Queeg as an influence on Chuck's performance.

Chuck has to be cut loose by HHM, Howard's earlier comment about his responsibility to the firm's appearance verified that. Their complicity may end up hurting them but the biggest result (outside of Chuck & Jimmy) is that Kim's relationship with Mesa Verde is safe.

Reaction Score
It was Frank Pentangeli but beyond that excellent points. I would like to add Captain Queeg as an influence on Chuck's performance.

Chuck has to be cut loose by HHM, Howard's earlier comment about his responsibility to the firm's appearance verified that. Their complicity may end up hurting them but the biggest result (outside of Chuck & Jimmy) is that Kim's relationship with Mesa Verde is safe.
Good memory, that name came to me from somewhere but other than Luca Brasi I've always been sketchy on who is who outside of the Corleone family.
Its an interesting choice that they went to some trouble to make Kim's Mesa Verde relationship safe. Not sure if it'll be the additional workload (needs to be off-loaded to Jimmy?) or exactly how Kim' split with Jimmy will occur, but that's seemingly the final domino in the fall of Jimmy McGill and rise of Saul Goodman.

Would folks rather see a season of Saul's antics serving various 2-bit criminals (what BBad viewers originally thought the show would be) or visit the post-BBad world? I've got a small appetite for the former which I think could be served thru end of this season, but prefer transition to the latter as I'm super curious & want some atonement for Cinnabon Jimmy.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
As good as last night's episode was, I don't think we see very much of Jimmy, Kim, or Chuck next week. It's not his show, but the Cartel story arc with Mike is just as important as the Jimmy/Saul arc.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
The intertwining of Jimmy & Mike is great and part of me wants to see continued scenes of each of their exploits before they make it to Breaking Bad territory.

I believe you are correct that nearly all, if not all of next weeks episode will be Mike/Gus/Hector centric. On here I imagine the progression will be Mike joining Gus' employ, eventually becoming his chief if staff, Hector's stroke (I'm guessing this will be another brilliant Mike maneuver) and Tuco returning, taking charge of Hector's business. This can easily be another two seasons or more by itself.

chaplin

Yup
Reaction Score
The intertwining of Jimmy & Mike is great and part of me wants to see continued scenes of each of their exploits before they make it to Breaking Bad territory.

I believe you are correct that nearly all, if not all of next weeks episode will be Mike/Gus/Hector centric. On here I imagine the progression will be Mike joining Gus' employ, eventually becoming his chief if staff, Hector's stroke (I'm guessing this will be another brilliant Mike maneuver) and Tuco returning, taking charge of Hector's business. This can easily be another two seasons or more by itself.

I want to see jessie show up. How did he know Saul?

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
I want to see jessie show up. How did he know Saul?
Badger got caught selling to an undercover cop. He found Saul as an attorney and Saul worked out a plea where Badger would give up Heisenberg (Walt). Jesse and Walt kidnapped Saul to convince him to change the plea, Saul pulled what Kim did earlier (give me a dollar) and became their attorney. Saul was able to find a stand-in Heisenberg for a price.

chaplin

Yup
Reaction Score
Badger got caught selling to an undercover cop. He found Saul as an attorney and Saul worked out a plea where Badger would give up Heisenberg (Walt). Jesse and Walt kidnapped Saul to convince him to change the plea, Saul pulled what Kim did earlier (give me a dollar) and became their attorney. Saul was able to find a stand-in Heisenberg for a price.

yeah, but Jessie knew that Saul was a criminal, attorney. Not a criminal attorney, remember?

Reaction Score
I know hector supposedly has a stroke, but do you think Gus/mike breaks his legs? They kinda foreshadowed that when hector put his feet up on his desk and saying a bullet to the head was too humane. Especially when he tries to remove the crap from his shoe onto his desk.

Thoughts?

Reaction Score
Anyone notice huell? the guy that planted the battery?

Isn't that sauls bodyguard in BB?
Yep that was the point. Combo of wink & troll with fans re: Huell. There was skepticism about Huell being able to pickpocket Jessie of the Ricin cigarette from Jessie - they later added an after the fact 2nd pickpocketing, so in that context this was quite an amusing way to meet Huell.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
One avenue that could be fascinating (but they likely won't explore) is what role Jimmy's move to New Mexico played in the deterioration of Chuck's marriage and ultimately Chuck's mental health.

Chuck obviously had massive resentment towards Jimmy from well before getting him out of trouble in Chicago. Rebecca appears to have been very fond (platonic) of Jimmy and a mix of whatever open resentment Chuck displayed, along with the toll what he was hiding took could have led to her departure, which was obviously the cause of his psychosomatic affliction.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Good memory, that name came to me from somewhere but other than Luca Brasi I've always been sketchy on who is who outside of the Corleone family.
Its an interesting choice that they went to some trouble to make Kim's Mesa Verde relationship safe. Not sure if it'll be the additional workload (needs to be off-loaded to Jimmy?) or exactly how Kim' split with Jimmy will occur, but that's seemingly the final domino in the fall of Jimmy McGill and rise of Saul Goodman.

Would folks rather see a season of Saul's antics serving various 2-bit criminals (what BBad viewers originally thought the show would be) or visit the post-BBad world? I've got a small appetite for the former which I think could be served thru end of this season, but prefer transition to the latter as I'm super curious & want some atonement for Cinnabon Jimmy.

The writers do an incredible job with Jimmy. They make him very likable, but leave no doubt that he is poison. The only good outcome for Kim is to get as far away from Jimmy as possible. I wouldn't be surprised to see Chuck run off by HHM, and Howard take Kim back as a full partner once Jimmy becomes Saul. Think of what Kim did to get Jimmy off vs. where she was at the beginning of the show. Slipping Jimmy pulls everyone down with him.

Reaction Score
I really think this season has gotten to the highest levels of Breaking Bad. I have always enjoyed and appreciated the quality but I am even more invested in the characters this season and the intensity is at a new level for BCS.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
That there is such a difference in their views of right and wrong is what will end the relationship between Kim and Jimmy. Jimmy had no problem falsifying evidence (and later informing Kim, an officer of the court) for a preferred outcome. Eventually she will no longer be able to overlook such behavior.

A key to this was demonstrated when they conned the investment manager into buying an entire bottle of $65 per shot (or whatever it cost) at the hotel. She has enough of a wild side to enjoy that on occasion but the occasion would be no more than once every couple of years or so. Jimmy wanted to try it again the next day and would spend 300+ days a year doing so. Eventually she will reach a breaking point and see her involvement with him as too great of a liability. Considering the track record of the writers, it will be something dramatic that Jimmy could have avoided if he were just a bit less Jimmy.

Reaction Score
Chuck definitely brought Jimmy out to ABQ to both be his savior and keep Jimmy squashed under Chuck's sanctimonious thumb, so it is very possible Rebecca saw that and realized that she too was suppressed and needed to go out on her own. And I think origin story of Chuck's illness and divorce- Jimmy causality has to now be explored as the next evolution between Chuck & Jimmy b/c in the present day Jimmy has Chuck in a box.
The Mike - Gus - Hector dance is going to be good, I know how Hector ends up yet I know they are going to truly surprise us with how it happens.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
We finally got Saul Goodman and I believe Lydia showed up there too.
Caught a glimpse of how Don Hector strokes out too.

Nacho now has motive (Leave Papi's business alone) and means (pill) to go along with opportunity.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
Caught a glimpse of how Don Hector strokes out too.

Nacho now has motive (Leave Papi's business alone) and means (pill) to go along with opportunity.
It was something how so much is coming together. I'm a bit curious about the timeline however as some things (especially the cleaners) seem to be a bit ahead of where they should be.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom