Better Call Saul | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Better Call Saul

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
And if it was anyone but Chuck, he would have.
On the contrary. I think the way Chuck had been so overtly against Jimmy in his legal pursuits as well as the slow cut of Jimmy from his life, Chuck would be suspected even more. To that end, Chuck is probably most responsible for the forthcoming transformation and how Saul will behave. The way a family member can destroy Jimmy this way will keep Saul's head on a constant swivel.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
On the contrary. I think the way Chuck had been so overtly against Jimmy in his legal pursuits as well as the slow cut of Jimmy from his life, Chuck would be suspected even more. To that end, Chuck is probably most responsible for the forthcoming transformation and how Saul will behave. The way a family member can destroy Jimmy this way will keep Saul's head on a constant swivel.

I was more referring to the fact that love blinds. Jimmy is so desperate for Chuck's approval that he has a blind spot when it comes to him. I would imagine Jimmy would've sensed that Chuck was behind his blackballing from HHM that we learned about in season one long before he actually found out if it didn't involve his brother.

Husky25

Reaction Score
I was more referring to the fact that love blinds. Jimmy is so desperate for Chuck's approval that he has a blind spot when it comes to him. I would imagine Jimmy would've sensed that Chuck was behind his blackballing from HHM that we learned about in season one long before he actually found out if it didn't involve his brother.
I can see that, but I also though that when Jimmy made the conscience effort to self-sabotage his Davis & Main job and changed the date in the Mesa Verde filings, he was starting to see Chuck for what he really is.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I can see that, but I also though that when Jimmy made the conscience effort to self-sabotage his Davis & Main job and changed the date in the Mesa Verde filings, he was starting to see Chuck for what he really is.

Probably. He is still obviously desperate for Chuck's approval and still loves him like a brother. Like he said when admitting guilt in last year's season finale, he didn't think it would be that big of a deal to Chuck when he altered the Mesa Verda paperwork; he thought Chuck would shrug it off after a few days and move on. I don't know if he would've done it if he knew the kind of affect it would have on Chuck.

Reaction Score
Probably. He is still obviously desperate for Chuck's approval and still loves him like a brother. Like he said when admitting guilt in last year's season finale, he didn't think it would be that big of a deal to Chuck when he altered the Mesa Verda paperwork; he thought Chuck would shrug it off after a few days and move on. I don't know if he would've done it if he knew the kind of affect it would have on Chuck.
Maybe Jimmy thought a shrug off was possible, but that puts us back to the blind spot thing. How could you possibly think someone with a psychosomatic allergy to electricity could shrug off anything?! Both brothers play a direct causal role in the other's demise and both are stubbornly in denial about this casual role AND blindly in denial or even oblivious in how they are causing each other to circle down the toilet.

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
better-call-saul-christ-chuck2.gif

Still a great line.

Reaction Score
Ep #3 was great, really moved things forward. We are essentially there with Jimmy v Chuck and Chuck endgame of trying to get Jimmy disbarred. Only thing left between here and it'sssss allllll Good man is how Kim gives up the ghost of Jimmy McGill.
And Mike met Gus and operation put Hector down began.
Besides all that, the ending shot with Jimmy and Kim as shadows in front of a yellow background was cinematography that even a novice like me couldn't help but be admire.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Ep #3 was great, really moved things forward. We are essentially there with Jimmy v Chuck and Chuck endgame of trying to get Jimmy disbarred. Only thing left between here and it'sssss allllll Good man is how Kim gives up the ghost of Jimmy McGill.
And Mike met Gus and operation put Hector down began.
Besides all that, the ending shot with Jimmy and Kim as shadows in front of a yellow background was cinematography that even a novice like me couldn't help but be admire.
Agree. Thought this was one of the better episodes this season.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
My gut tells me that this will end badly for Chuck (which would be poetic justice) as the entire thing was a setup and there is sufficient evidence of this.

Ernie (who he always condescendingly referred to as Ernesto) getting fired may blow up in Chuck's face.

I imagine we also will get more of the back story behind Chuck's failed marriage and subsequent illness.

Reaction Score
My gut tells me that this will end badly for Chuck (which would be poetic justice) as the entire thing was a setup and there is sufficient evidence of this.

Ernie (who he always condescendingly referred to as Ernesto) getting fired may blow up in Chuck's face.

I imagine we also will get more of the back story behind Chuck's failed marriage and subsequent illness.
Agree on Chuck's backstory, I think the divorce to electro-phobia story is going to be really interesting.
But on Chuck's finally outcome I'm torn as Jimmy told Chuck he's dead to him, but in his heart he doesn't mean it. Yet at same time Jimmy's best revenge is to have Chuck sitting near comatose in a chair ringing a cowbell but reading headlines every day about Slippin' Jimmy's latest 'criminal' lawyer adventures. And based on Breaking Bad these guys always surprise me with how characters twist, turn & escape from seemingly impossible traps.
But its really sad that two brothers are so screwed b/c of each other.

Reaction Score
That moment in court where Jimmy starts to mutter "Sorry I didn't call you on the phone; I thought I'd tell you in person..." to Kim, and the court transcriber catches and records it, will definitely come to be a pivotal moment. They're planting seeds, along with that Navy(?) Captain(?).

Husky25

Reaction Score
This week's episode was probably the best of the season so far.
I saw this weeks episode on Tuesday and I've been racking my brain for a couple days as to what Jimmy and Kim have on Chuck when she came back simply replied, "Bingo" at the end.

I even went to far as to listen to Afterbuzz and read some Reddit boards (They have some interesting theories, but I think they are wrong.), when it hit me. I think Kim gets Chuck and Howard to say the original tape was destroyed and they play a duplicate. Kim challenges the validity of the duplicate. Anyone?

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
My guess is that the incident falls into serious question from the bar association due to provocation. Chuck's comment on admissibility having different standards than in a court of law gave that away.

Chuck went so far as to admit everything was staged to provoke Jimmy, which would lead a bar association to question the integrity of that member. Chuck (I hope HHM as well) may end up paying a serious price for this stunt. HHM was paying the PI's who were there to witness the break-in and it was one of their employees who forwarded the message (and was subsequently fired for doing what they wanted him to do).

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I saw this weeks episode on Tuesday and I've been racking my brain for a couple days as to what Jimmy and Kim have on Chuck when she came back simply replied, "Bingo" at the end.

I even went to far as to listen to Afterbuzz and read some Reddit boards (They have some interesting theories, but I think they are wrong.), when it hit me. I think Kim gets Chuck and Howard to say the original tape was destroyed and they play a duplicate. Kim challenges the validity of the duplicate. Anyone?
I thought Chuck clearly stated Jimmy destroyed the duplicate tape.

FfldCntyFan

Reaction Score
I thought Chuck clearly stated Jimmy destroyed the duplicate tape.
He did and I believe that is why she said 'bingo'. That everything leading up to Jimmy's break-in/destruction of property was staged will end up nailing Chuck, not Jimmy.

Reaction Score
He did and I believe that is why she said 'bingo'. That everything leading up to Jimmy's break-in/destruction of property was staged will end up nailing Chuck, not Jimmy.
Ok, but what does it matter if it was staged - what does that actually do/prove?
My guess given the pictures and unknown something else that Mike gave Jimmy is they are gearing up to get Chuck disbarred. So specifically labeling the tape 'destroyed' is tampering with evidence or falsifying and the pictures of the electricity free house are used either to proved the ruse of ailment (he's faking yet recording tapes!) or that Chuck is deranged.
I liked the previous episode a little better, but happy that we are now getting lots of Gus Fring and filling in his backstory. Gus setting up Hector to demand Hector's mule services is great, can't wait to see what ingenious way Gus will use this to backfire on Hector. Hector is such scum I'm feeling very remorseful about rooting for him/Walt in war v Gus.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Hector is such scum I'm feeling very remorseful about rooting for him/Walt in war v Gus.
That was one of the good things Gilligan did/has done/is doing. Nobody is really the good guy.

Husky25

Reaction Score
X-Files, Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul?

Vince Gilligan lives in a dark world.

Reaction Score
X-Files, Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul?

Vince Gilligan lives in a dark world.
I didn't watch Xfiles after season 2 or 3, but weren't the protagonists there pretty much crusaders for the truth and good?
For Better Call Saul, Kim Wexler continues to emerge as the most interesting and compelling character. We can like her and be happy for her & Jimmy when they get closer and team up, even knowing it is likely to be her undoing. We don't know how either Kim or Chuck ends up, but I'd be surprised if its favorable for Chuck. Whereas with Kim we can hold out hope that she hits eject at the right moment and maybe being wildly optimistic is around for a mea culpa & reunion in the Cinnabun days to come.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
So I'm watching Glory last night with Mathew Broderick and Denzel. When the black soldiers finally get out to the field they have words with a white platoon. One of the guys is Hector! I swear the other one is Dennis Eckersley.

Husky25

Reaction Score
So I'm watching Glory last night with Mathew Broderick and Denzel. When the black soldiers finally get out to the field they have words with a white platoon. One of the guys is Hector! I swear the other one is Dennis Eckersley.
Both Hector and Mike are "That Guy" Hall of Famers. So is Tuco.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom