OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 184 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
i have never had this stuff. any personal reviews? what's their 'hook?'
First chain on the block with non-traditional toppings. When they first hit it big, they were sort of the poor man's Spago (Wolfgang Puck) pizza.

Reaction Score

I’ve never had their plain cheese pizza and would never go to CPK for a pizza fix but I did enjoy their tostada pizza. It was something I couldn’t get anywhere else and also inspired me and many others to make their own version of it. They changed it a while back to a thin crust but like 6-7 years ago that was a solid pie. Great buffalo Cauliflower too!

Reaction Score

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
"Great" and "cauliflower" should never appear in the same sentence.

Went there for the first time a few years ago when we couldn't get in anywhere else at Foxwoods on short notice. It wasn't awful, but wouldn't make it a point to go back.

That would be my review as well. Probably have eaten there 3-4 times over last decade. Always while traveling and needing to find some place to eat and options were slim.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score

Curiouser
Reaction Score
"Great" and "cauliflower" should never appear in the same sentence.
I agree with two exceptions: (1) Buffalo cauliflower (Moxie in Madison does a great job with this; we now replicate the recipe at home at least once a month); and (2) the cheese-laden dish my wife makes on the holidays that has cauliflower and pancetta.

Reaction Score

It's mall food, a step above Sbarro in taste and price around the same level as Bertucci's, which I used to like better. Can even get some of their pies at the grocery store. They lean toward the non-tradtional West Coast style pies, such as BBQ Chicken, which is likley their best offering. Problem for me is when I am in that mood, I'm heading to Willington Pizza if possible.

Reaction Score
Just got back from my first Zuppardi's visit: went for the fresh clam pizza w/o mozz.

Really fun experience and a very interesting style of pizza (my first trying a fresh clam pizza). The clams were incredibly fresh and there was a nice herbaceous flavor between the garlic, oregano and other dried spices. It was an incredibly high-quality food experience, but personally not my thing. For those Zupp's aficionados, is the fresh clam better w/ or w/o mozz?

I'll def be back again, but instead for either their special pizza or their "all things fresh". It was an honor to give Zupp's a try.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Just got back from my first Zuppardi's visit: went for the fresh clam pizza w/o mozz.

Really fun experience and a very interesting style of pizza (my first trying a fresh clam pizza). The clams were incredibly fresh and there was a nice herbaceous flavor between the garlic, oregano and other dried spices. It was an incredibly high-quality food experience, but personally not my thing. For those Zupp's aficionados, is the fresh clam better w/ or w/o mozz?

I'll def be back again, but instead for either their special pizza or their "all things fresh". It was an honor to give Zupp's a try.
I prefer the fresh clam with no mozz.

We did takeout from there again for an office lunch last week. My assistant ordered the pizzas this time and she ordered the clam with mozz. I was pleasantly surprised at how good it was but I still prefer it without; the five others preferred it with mozz.

Reaction Score

Try the sausage next time.

Reaction Score
I agree with two exceptions: (1) Buffalo cauliflower (Moxie in Madison does a great job with this; we now replicate the recipe at home at least once a month); and (2) the cheese-laden dish my wife makes on the holidays that has cauliflower and pancetta.
The cauliflower app with peanut dipping sauce at shell and bones is better imo but both are good.

Reaction Score
barstool guys from mass that is all

it’s like going to delaware talking about cheesesteaks

Reaction Score
But he made it special, for you Jerry!
I have seen office workers at the building where I used to work, do this. And, at public restrooms, I have seen this. Do they go home and hug their children and hold their wives hands and cut the vegetables and slice the bread for supper?

I hope they did not have second jobs at the local pizza place or Italian Restaurants where I ate. Or, went out and bought the donuts for the office where they worked.

If people who refuse to wear masks ,assault people who remind them of this, what would these Poppie people say if they were confronted leaving the commode and heading out the door?

I never said anything to them. Glad I did not work with them.

Has anyone ever seen this and said anything to one of them?

That could have been another Seinfeld episode where Jerry or Kramer would have confronted the Soup Nazi in the rest room. Or, George confronting Elaine because he did not hear the sink running after she left the rest room.

Maybe those overhead UV anti-viral contraptions will fix the problem and kill the germs in the room.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This may be blasphemy but last night I had the best pizza I’ve had in years at Bad Martha’s in Falmouth. It’s a brewery and beer is just ok. They use their own farm fresh tomatoes and the style is Neapolitan. They even burn the crust a little.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I have seen office workers at the building where I used to work, do this. And, at public restrooms, I have seen this. Do they go home and hug their children and hold their wives hands
I peed next to Brent Musburger at Bobby Vs Norwalk years ago. Only one of us washed. . Do not hold his mic.

Reaction Score
I peed next to Brent Musburger at Bobby Vs Norwalk years ago. Only one of us washed. . Do not hold his mic.
F903C8AB-8A77-4D8F-88C9-F4B39B3B53EC.jpeg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom