OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 183 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I had Colony tonight, was not their best batch. I still prefer Rikos and I'll tell you why. Rikos has wings and Colony is just pizza.
And the people in Stamford Colony can be pr!cks. They basically expect you to know upon entering the establishment for the first time that they serve pizza and only pizza. Don't dare ask for a salad or wings (like I did many moons ago when I first moved there). Place is like going to Pat's or Gino's in Philly and not knowing how to order a cheesesteak.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Had to pick up something at Target in Lisbon, so naturally I checked here for a Pizza recomendation for lunch. Was not impressed in the least with Green Onion.

I ordered a small, but it was Greek style. Thick crust and greasy. I had a l hankering for pizza and it hit the periphery, but certainly not a bullseye though.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Had to pick up something at Target in Lisbon, so naturally I checked here for a Pizza recomendation for lunch. Was not impressed in the least with Green Onion.

I ordered a small, but it was Greek style. Thick crust and greasy. I had a l hankering for pizza and it hit the periphery, but certainly not a bullseye though.
Did you at least stop for lobster rolls in Hartford?

Husky25

Reaction Score
Did you at least stop for lobster rolls in Hartford?
??

Not sure what you are getting at. Green Onion was recommended in this thread. I did not travel through Hartford.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
??

Not sure what you are getting at. Green Onion was recommended in this thread. I did not travel through Hartford.
I was being a wiseass because I would never think about scratching an itch for pizza at a Greek pizza place in Lisbon.

It reminded me of a poster who asked where to get the best lobster roll in CT and, after receiving many suggestions along the shoreline, decided to go to a place in Hartford sight unseen instead. I believe I asked him if he drove to Providence for pizza afterwards, so that was the theme I had in mind with my reply to you.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
What are you doing North of The River?
Nothing. I don’t even really go north of 95 any longer :)

while you are sweating this humidity I’m 11 degrees cooler with a breeze on the water. Plus good pizza and great lobster rolls. Why leave?

Husky25

Reaction Score
I was being a wiseass because I would never think about scratching an itch for pizza at a Greek pizza place in Lisbon.

It reminded me of a poster who asked where to get the best lobster roll in CT and, after receiving many suggestions along the shoreline, decided to go to a place in Hartford sight unseen instead. I believe I asked him if he drove to Providence for pizza afterwards, so that was the theme I had in mind with my reply to you.
It was recommended in this thread and brought a challenge to the top pizzas in the state. I just assumed it would be a similar style to the best in the state. Didn't realize it was Greek until I opened the box.

Incidentally, Jessica's Garden in East Hampton makes a decent lobster roll.

Reaction Score
Just an FYI -> Next Door in New Haven closing its doors...

>>It’s with great sadness that we announce Next Door will be closing its doors on Sunday, August 2nd.

It’s because of you, our customers, and our incredible team + family that Next Door became a place to share drinks, food and many wonderful memories.

We look forward to the next two weekends with you! (Friday-Saturday 4PM-9PM and Sunday 12PM-8PM) Let’s bid each other adieu Next Door style!

Thank you to all who have supported us over the past 2 years, it has been a pleasure to serve you and the New Haven Community!<<

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Just an FYI -> Next Door in New Haven closing its doors...

>>It’s with great sadness that we announce Next Door will be closing its doors on Sunday, August 2nd.

It’s because of you, our customers, and our incredible team + family that Next Door became a place to share drinks, food and many wonderful memories.

We look forward to the next two weekends with you! (Friday-Saturday 4PM-9PM and Sunday 12PM-8PM) Let’s bid each other adieu Next Door style!

Thank you to all who have supported us over the past 2 years, it has been a pleasure to serve you and the New Haven Community!<<
Bummer. They were a good addition to the scene--a definite upgrade over what had become of Humphrey's.

Reaction Score
Did Roseland in Derby, 2 weeks ago. Pizza was outstanding.

Did Zupardis yesterday, good but doesn't beat Roseland. To me Roseland is up there with Modern (my favorite).

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I had Colony tonight, was not their best batch. I still prefer Rikos and I'll tell you why. Rikos has wings and Colony is just pizza.
The one time I had Riko's pizza - their version of a stinger - it gave me the squirts. And, being old school, my philosophy continues to be that anyplace that offers wings has both inferior pizza and inferior wings (any exceptions to this are typically wood-fired pizza places).

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
And the people in Stamford Colony can be pr!cks. They basically expect you to know upon entering the establishment for the first time that they serve pizza and only pizza. Don't dare ask for a salad or wings (like I did many moons ago when I first moved there).

And you making a rookie move like that makes them pricks how?

Reaction Score
Side question as I am looking at a pair of potential job offers, what are my chances of finding a good think crust, New Haven-like pizza in either Atlanta or Seattle? It's a very important consideration for a guy who has been living on Modern and Pepe's for 3+ decades now.

Reaction Score
Side question as I am looking at a pair of potential job offers, what are my chances of finding a good think crust, New Haven-like pizza in either Atlanta or Seattle? It's a very important consideration for a guy who has been living on Modern and Pepe's for 3+ decades now.
I think we have some people here in both areas, I'm sure I'm forgetting some others

@bendm @Guapo @Scot-e @krinklecut

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

Look at the bright side, you'll either be getting better fried chicken and BBQ or better fish and Asian food to replace your pizza indulgences.

Reaction Score

Atlanta checking in - if you end up in the city itself, there’s a couple good pizza places.

Suburbia? It’s a wasteland.

Reaction Score
Been wondering the same thing myself ! 6 months without success but haven’t given up yet. By far the biggest thing I miss about CT

Reaction Score

Aside from pizza, Atlanta is an excellent food city.

Reaction Score
Atlanta checking in - if you end up in the city itself, there’s a couple good pizza places.

Suburbia? It’s a wasteland.

The misses is from Maine. She feels 'crowded' if she can see the neighbors house thus its the suburbs!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom