OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 146 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
There is actually something called Detroit Style. I assumed you had to dig it out of a dumpster while being mugged, but no, it's a real thing. Kind of like a cross between Chicago style (of they didn't make it with the cheese under the sauce) and Greek. It's not pleasant.

We've got a couple of Detroit-style places here and done right, Detroit style can be delicious. One of them does a ricotta/lemon zest slice that is in the top 10 slices I've ever had.

amidagoat

Amida was the goat
Reaction Score
Jimmy's in Milford is really, really good. It is a kind of hidden spot but the flavor in the crust is ridiculous and the sauce has an amazing flavor.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Speaking of Sally's plain mozz or with a few toppings? It has been too long.
I always like their Garden Pie in season, but last time we went there the red pie with bacon and mozz that my daughter ordered was the clear winner at our table.

Reaction Score
I always like their Garden Pie in season, but last time we went there the red pie with bacon and mozz that my daughter ordered was the clear winner at our table.
Thanks, 8893. I knew you would steer me right.
#pizzaMVP

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Any Pepe’s Summer pie fans? Lasts about 75 days a year.

Reaction Score
Jimmy the co-owner flipped pies at zuppardies years ago.jimmies is a lighter less expensive version,but still good,sauce is similar

Reaction Score
No mozzarella, just a little grated parmesan on top.

And this is what they are known for and what people love? I had no idea and I have been eating Pepe's once a week for nearly 10 years. I'll have to try it tomorrow. Embarrassing lack of knowledge on my part.

Reaction Score
And this is what they are known for and what people love? I had no idea and I have been eating Pepe's once a week for nearly 10 years. I'll have to try it tomorrow. Embarrassing lack of knowledge on my part.
Get Pepe's white clam pie. No sauce or cheese. Huge flavor (clams, garlic, basil). Get a small one as an appetizer for the table - you need to eat it right away, as it cools very quickly without sauce or cheese.

Reaction Score
If you care to make the trip the Sicilian Chicken BBQ pie at Naples in Farmington is among the best I've tasted.

I’m a fan of Naples. There is another good place in Simsbury that escapes me right right now but I think Naples is the best place in the Farmington Valley.

Reaction Score
Get Pepe's white clam pie. No sauce or cheese. Huge flavor (clams, garlic, basil). Get a small one as an appetizer for the table - you need to eat it right away, as it cools very quickly without sauce or cheese.

I gave it a shot in the past. Just not for me.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom