OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 93 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Reaction Score
617-hurley-315.jpg

“It’s not hard to figure out dude, all the pizza is my favorite pizza. All of it!”

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score

In Pittsburgh, some pizzerias put cold cheese on top of hot pizza.

If Hurley cares about pizza at all, he has already signed with UConn.

Cities not in CT can screw up a pizza in many different ways.

Reaction Score
Brooklyn NY has the best pizza out there. New jersey not far behind. CT distant 3rd.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
he must like seafood, I went with Pepe's for the Whole Belly White Clam, there's no better pie on earth

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Brooklyn NY has the best pizza out there. New jersey not far behind. CT distant 3rd.
The three best pizzas I've had in Brooklyn have been from DiFara, Grimaldi's, and Roberta's. All quite good.
I've only had pizza from Star New Jersey and wasn't impressed. Where, sefically, compares well with Brooklyn's best.
I don't regard CT, particularly New Haven as any lesser than Brooklyn, let alone distantly so.

Please tell me more.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
There are a LOT of pizza places in Jersey, and I've only sampled a half-dozen or so, so it's entirely possible that I didn't hit upon one of the exceptional ones. But there's bad pizza everywhere. Sadly, it's easier to find bad pizza these days than good. I mean we live in an era where people go to Pizza Hut and Little Caesar's by choice for cryin' out loud!
But of the Jersey joints I've tried, two were mediocre at best, and only one really stood out. That one was in Bayonne, and it was probably 30 years ago, so it may not even exist any longer. And off the top of my head, I can think of 8 or 10 CT Apizza joints that are better.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

as a resident of all 3 areas at different times in my life.

No. Just no.

not to say NY/NJ dont have tremendous pizza, they do.

Was just at Johns on Bleecker a few weeks ago. Loved it. As usual.

Doesnt top New Haven.

The problem with CT is that outside of New Haven area there are too many greek disasters it drags the state down as a whole.

But the best of New Haven > the best of anywhere.

scoreboard.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

No. Just no.

Doesnt top New Haven.

The problem with CT is that outside of New Haven area there are too many greek disasters it drags the state down as a whole.

scoreboard.

Rome and/or the Amalfi Coast.

Italy has some pretty amazing trattorias.

Reaction Score
I just moved to the area and went there the day Anthony's opened. Glad to hear it's still doing well.
I grew up on Anthony's, some of my favorite pizza and fried calamari anywhere but they must have changed their recipes in more recent years, it wasn't the same.

Reaction Score

No. Just no.

Doesnt top New Haven.

scoreboard.

As a nearly life long northern NJ resident who spent 4 years in CT and a few years / family in NY, I think you nailed it. I still say NY pizza is vastly overrated. I've had plenty of mediocre slices in gross places. My favorite is Rays. The one I go to is the Original... or is it Famous... or is it Original Famous... whatever.

I (possibly embarrassingly) like a couple chains, including Anthony's Coal Fire out of Florida of all freakin' places. Really good in my opinion. Don't know if they are in CT. I only go to Blaze in Paramus, NJ to get UConn recruiting information. There are also some thin crust places by me (Bergen NJ) that are awesome, but you can easily throw down a whole pie (Kinchley's Tavern, Nelly's).

I think New Haven has some fantastic pizza that goes over an above, but it also has some garbage. In NJ, I feel confident that if I walk into a local pizza joint, it will be good even though it may not be great. I have 3 local places in my 2.5 square mile town. They are all solid, but not spectacular. So NJ's median is better than CT in my opinion, but I'd put the great New Haven places at the top.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Just ordered some Stretch's Pizza in Newington after scrolling through here. Looks good on their site...hope it tastes as good!

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
As a nearly life long northern NJ resident who spent 4 years in CT and a few years / family in NY, I think you nailed it. I still say NY pizza is vastly overrated. I've had plenty of mediocre slices in gross places. My favorite is Rays. The one I go to is the Original... or is it Famous... or is it Original Famous... whatever.

I (possibly embarrassingly) like a couple chains, including Anthony's Coal Fire out of Florida of all freakin' places. Really good in my opinion. Don't know if they are in CT. I only go to Blaze in Paramus, NJ to get UConn recruiting information. There are also some thin crust places by me (Bergen NJ) that are awesome, but you can easily throw down a whole pie (Kinchley's Tavern, Nelly's).

I think New Haven has some fantastic pizza that goes over an above, but it also has some garbage. In NJ, I feel confident that if I walk into a local pizza joint, it will be good even though it may not be great. I have 3 local places in my 2.5 square mile town. They are all solid, but not spectacular. So NJ's median is better than CT in my opinion, but I'd put the great New Haven places at the top.

As someone who grew up in Bergen County, but moved to (and stayed in) CT, this is exactly right.

NJ has a few 8s, a ton of 6s, and some others.

CT has a few 10s, a few 8s, and a ton of 3-5s.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom